Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
More of the musical titles,makes it easier to decide on a title!

Mixed bag of a weekend. Friday after school I took kids to the Y. Played bball with Nathan for 30 minutes, then took both kids into the pool for about 45 min. Came home and watched Guardians....the owl movie. Can't spell the whole title off the top of my head. It was much better than I expected!!

Then Saturday we had Sydney's tumbling, then came home and relaxed for several hours. I cleaned some stuff while kids hung out, then put up Sydney's play tent for her to snuggle in while Nathan played Star Wars. Low key.

Today was our Sunday School program at church. Kids were so cute! Then we went to my mom's extended (60+ people) Christmas party. Tomorrow is Dan's bday but Sydney has her preschool concert so they can't really celebrate.

Tonight is his night with the kids. So I took them over around 4:45 with their gifts and a cake. They wanted to pick up a cake, so I did. Anyway I went to drop them off and maybe stay to watch him open gifts. Well he said his mom and dad were on their way in and he asked me to stay and wait till they got there. Ok.

And....they were not on the way. Wires crossed they thought he was calling when they should come, he thought they were just coming. So 30 minutes later they show up and surprise they brought dinner with them!?! So I said I could go I was not planning on interrupting his family time and again he asked me to stay. And kids jumped on that too of course. So I wound up being there for two hours between waiting, dinner, cake and presents.

Sydney was complaining all day of her stomach hurting, did not eat lunch, did not want much of her supper and actually turned down cake and ice cream!

So then an hour after I left Dan calls to tell me that she has just thrown up. I said let me know if she does it again and I will put in for a sub tomorrow...

Oh and HG and I texted back and forth Friday and today. We 'talk' pretty much every other day...I am hopeful that we can get together next Sunday (12/26)...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
N
N
weirdness with your H....

glad to hear that hockey guy has been keeping in touch with you! Maybe next week you'll get a kiss, (if you want it!)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yep it was kind of strange...the funny thing is a year ago I would have been hoping for an invite to stay and this time I was antsy to get out of there and get home!

I hope we find time to get together, too! I am not worrying about the kiss thing, it will happen eventually....at least I hope it will! smile

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

D
D
(((((BobbiJo))))))
I'm inclined to say you shouldn't accept theses invitations, or at least not all of them. But first tell Dan not to make them in front of the kids. That backs you into a corner, and isn't fair for anyone.

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Good point...if the kids had said, "Mommy, stay!" I would have just said I had things to do. But for him to ask me to stay in front of them it was a little awkward. And actually the present he got from the kids was too big for them to carry (and to wrap--it was a painting he has wanted for a long time) so I had to bring it in when it was present time. I thought I would just do that when I dropped off the kids but then he made the comment about his parents being on their way, etc etc.

Oh well it was fine actually. He loved the painting and said thank you five or six times so it was worth it.

Sydney had her Christmas program last night for preschool. They sang "Must Be Santa" and then the Jackson 5 version of "Frosty the Snowman". She was awesome! As one of her teaching assistants said, "I'm not gonna lie, the girl has it." wink

She knew every single word and enunciated like she was singing for someone who needed to read lips, it was hysterical! Then she danced all the moves and was fabulous! My parents, Dan's parents, and Dan and Nathan and I were all there to watch and she loved that.

I have the kids today, they go to Dan's tomorrow, then I have them during the day on Thursday while he is at work. Then he has them again Thursday night and Christmas Eve (Fri). I go over there Christmas morning for Santa, and then I get them all of Christmas day. They go back to him for Sunday (26) for his mom's Christmas celebration.So a lot of shuffling, but so be it. I am so excited that school is out after tomorrow!!!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

D
D
Somehow, I'm not surprised that Sydney has "it". Not even a little.

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So true, Jeff! My brother from the boards has christened her "Honeybaked Ham"...cause she is sweet and a total attention seeker! smile

Not much new in my world. I got an interesting gift today...my student from Mexico got me a tequila bottle full of tequila-centered chocolate balls! It freaked me out at first because when I walked in the room he handed me a brown paper bag with a glass bottle inside...I thought he brought tequila to school! And he did, just in candy form. He got it in Mexico on his trip back to family last month. Not sure how I feel about eating them but it was nice!

Just got back from dropping off the gifts at Dan's. Had to wait until kids fell asleep and apparently they stayed up until ten. Very excited to be on Christmas break, apparently! wink

Hoping to see HG on Sunday. I have not said anything to him yet, we texted on Friday and Sunday but not since then. I know he took the week off to be with his girls, and his sister is in town all week too, so I have not interrupted their time. I may shoot him a quick text tomorrow just letting him know which days I am free (next Sunday and Weds). He asked me to let him know when I could get together, otherwise I would feel weird just putting that out there.

I deactivated my match account tonight. In a year + of membership, I have deleted 2500 profiles and only met 3 people on an actual date, only one of which I wanted to see a second time. (Ok I did want to see cartoon/animator guy again last January, but he decided he was too 'dark' for me and I trust his judgement!) So it is not worth the $$ to keep hearing from people I don't intend to meet....if things don't ever develop with HG then I will just see what turns up through my work/friends/connections.

OK I was going to stay up late tonight but I am exhausted so going to be lazy and sleep instead of clean!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

M
M
Hope the shuffling doesn't wear you out too much! That exhausted me to read it!!! LOL

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

D
D
(((((BobbiJo)))))

What a unique gift! Whether you ever eat them of not... it says something about you that he and his family thought that much of you. smile

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
True, he is a special boy and it was a very unique and thoughtful gift...I saw his dad pick him up after school and made a point of thanking him, too. I got both kids from that family (my boy has a niece who is only two years younger than him, in preschool, because his brother is much older) bilingual picture books, and sent home a Spanish Christmas card for the whole family.

I traded a couple texts w/HG this evening. He had asked me to let him know when I am free, so I did. I was thinking about how I had not heard from him since Sunday, then I remembered the last thing he said was that I should let him know when I am free. So he was waiting to hear from me, not the other way around! crazy I told him I am free Sunday and Wednesday. He said depending on when his sister left (she has been at his house all week) he might get free on Sunday but would 'definitely' be free on Wednesday. So, we shall see...

My kids just left with their dad five minutes ago. frown I got bonus time actually, I thought he would pick them up after work. Instead he texted at 5 that our mutual friend/his coworker (who has worked with Dan on and off for 10 years through a couple different companies in a couple different states) had the transmission go out on his car and it was stuck at work. Could I keep the kids? I said sure. He went and got his trailer and went back up there to help friend load it up and drop it off at his house.

That meant I got three extra hours with the kids. We rented the animated A Christmas Carol on Pay Per View and cuddled on the couch. Before that we baked and decorated cookies for Santa, and before that we had a battle between our knights action figures and our Star Wars action figures. The SW guys had better technology on their side, so they won. Turns out that a lance vs a lightsaber is not much of a battle. wink

So anyway they just left and I am a little teary... I will be on my own all day tomorrow, my first Christmas Eve alone. Was thinking of going to the movies but there is a big storm that just started creeping in to the metro and we are going to get ice and snow all night... so I may just be hunkered down here till Christmas morning. Then I go to Dan's to watch kids get their Santa stuff and open our presents.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard