Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dbs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
D got finalized this week. Everything really went my way financially, other then she was not ordered to help support our 27s who has a mental illness and is getting worse. The judge worded it to the effect that no evidence was given he had it before he turned 18 and although legally he could not force support, hopefully her consience might kick in at some time.

We had not talked in weeks, and starting yesterday she has called me 4 times. Stupidly I let the talk go from our son to us. She mentioned that if given enough time as her friend and no pressure about sex she may be interested in reconciling down the road, but to not expect much from her.

Hmmmnn. Amazingly I am feeling okay with things. Truthfully I'd love nothing more then to see us back together if it's a 50% effort from both sides. But just from me as it's been for 5 years, not so much.

I have a lunch date with a nice gal on Monday. I have another gal wanting to "just hang out". A few days ago I wanted nothing to do with any of this, and now I think it would be just fine. In fact, probably very healthy for me to move forward and if my ew makes an effort to come my way that would be fine, but maybe it's time for me to go live a little bit. A total stranger treats me better then someone I was married to for 33+ years. Not that we are enemies, but there is just no emotion from her at all.

I'm sure I should be posting this in another area, but thought I'd give an update and see what folks thought?

J
J
Post where you feel comfortable posting dbs.

You should live a bit more than a bit in fact.

As for your Ex? Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but come a weird day, you have the skills, and boundaries to determine what to do.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
dbs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thx Jack!

This is plan B, so we shall see how I handle it.

Right now it is like a giant weight has been lifted. Not that I'm happy I'm divorced, but glad that part of the journey is over.

Now on to a different journey I suppose.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard