Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Hope you're feeling better! Are you being followed by Tumbleweeds? They might be like rockettes. Just tossing it out to the universe with no answer needed.

Oh geez! Happy Birthday!

Wishing you every good thing!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
D
OP Offline
D
Well....
Time to catch up!
I finally escaped from the hospital the evening of the 10th, I wasn't doing great, but the fixed me up with oxygen, so I was ok. I didn't go to work at all the week after I got out, it was slow, but I was feeling better everyday.

I went golfing on the 18th with S21, I wanted to know if my energy was back as much as it seemed to be... and it was. I golfed poorly (no news there!), but I felt great, never short of breath, and my energy was back!

I noticed that day that I didn't have a single coughing fit. And that was big to me, because they have been an every day occurrence for the past four YEARS or so. Even better, I haven't had one since then. Not one. Something I had just accepted that I had to live with... and now I know I don't!

I went to work last week, which went pretty well, especially since there was almost no one there!

The day before Christmas was S13's birthday, we went bowling and to Fudrucker's, had a really good time.

Had a nice Christmas with the three younger kids, the oldest was working. I wasn't ready for it, I had missed two weeks of December! And I messed a week of pay since I was out of vacation when I went to the hospital, and short term disability doesn't kick in until you have been out five days (and then at 75%). But I did get a ham, and made scalloped potatoes (came out pretty tasty) and a couple pumpkin pies, so we ate well. Ne tree, and no presents, and yet the kids said they had a great day! After we ate, and rested a bit, we went to see Gulliver's Travels. Not a classic by any means, but it was amusing, and we had fun. At the end of the day S13 said it was ok that we didn't have any presents. He said that most of the things you get you hardly use, and that he had a great day anyway. Have I ever mentioned that I love my kids?

Spent the last couple days feeling a bit mopey, and have sent out a bunch of Match mails, and a few winks. Got back a couple "not interested", guess they don't know what they are missing. But there were a couple positive responses, so we will see.

I think that's enough for now. I hope all of the Rockettes, Tumbleweeds, and everyone else had a great Christmas, and I wish you all a Happy, and hopefully better, New Year!

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
L
L
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Happy New Year, DR!

S
S
Kudos on feeling better smile

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
M
M
Very cool about no coughing fits!

Sounds like good birthdays and Christmas. Your kids are so wise, you guys definitely did a lot of things right.

Things will pick up. The holidays are tough in a lot of ways. Everyone is so busy with family stuff and traveling. After New Year's I'm sure people will be more attentive to you. wink

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
K
K
That is great that you are doing better. I will eventually get to not coughing. I have only been looking at months not years so I have some time to get rid of this. smile

Yes, your kids are awesome too. They get what it is all about. I think this next year will be much better for eveyone.

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
K
WOW, no coughing after 4 years?!!! It must be huge for you. Glad your stay at the hospital had this positive result. It seems it was worth it?

I wish you with all my heart, a healthy, happy, interesting, fun, 2011. And lots of love and hugs and kisses and horizontal tango my friend!
Love
M

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
J
JCJ Offline
J
Sounds good and an even better way to start 2011! Hugs!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
B
B
Well it's great to see what lovely children you have, as if there was any doubt given you raised them! smile My kids like their toys but they too agree that time together is the best present...

I hope you gets lots of winks and some 'wink-wink' in the New Year! wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
D
OP Offline
D
(((((BobbiJo))))) (((((Julia))))) (((((Kalni))))) (((((kat))))) (((((Michelle))))) (((((sol))))) (((((Lotus)))))

Thanks to all of you!

Still feeling good, fingers crossed!

Corresponding with two women, one on Match, one of POF. The one on POF and I are scheming a Friday date, i just realized it's New Year's Eve! Interesting. She is really excited, we IMed for a couple hours tonight, she said she was feeling nervous about meeting, but it was good!

Not sure yet about the one on Match, but she has been sick all week, so I think that will be going slowly for now. I really don't like the potential for dating two at a time, even though I intellectually know it's perfectly "normal". But it will be ok.

If I haven't mentioned it recently, you guys are the best!

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard