Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MrBond Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well there's been alot of talk lately about the forums. So rather than they being all negative, I figure it would be good to post some positive suggestions to see how we can grow the forum and keep within the parameters.

Hopefully the Admins will take some to heart.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
K
K
I feel quite strongly that there needs to be some level of participation by qualified DB coaches on this Board. I know that there are liability and financial issues involved but that notwithstanding there must be some way in which DB coaches can comment on various sitches and give guidance.

I have participated in the telephone coaching and I have purchased the books. As CityGirl comments on another thread, actual face to face counselling (with a counselor with whom one can establish a relationship) is in many cases cheaper. And in my case,at the height of my sitch my counselor at times e-mailed or called me for free just to check in and see how I was doing and whether I had put any of the things we discussed into practice and whether they were beneficial. After my DB sessions, unless I could afford further sessions, I had no way to bounce anything off my telephone coach. I would suggest that the telephone coaching fee should include one post sesion follow up e-mail contact to evaluate the practical implemetation of the DB Coach's suggestions.

There are/were many wise vets on the Board but at the end of the day they are not qualified in the MC field. That is not to discount their advice in any way but simply to say that sometimes you need to have input from a pro. Even if you choose to disregard it.

I feel qualified to make my assessment because I have actually spent cold hard cash on telephone coaching and books.The coaching helped me tremendously at a time when nothing made sense. The coaches offered practical coping advice and suggestions which I would not have thought of. But I wish that there was a way for more structured coaching even at a basic level on the Board. I think that it would redound to the benefit of the DB business as a whole as it would expose members to the DB telephone coaches and would generate coaching business.

Can't keep a good woman down

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard