Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
I was thinking the same as R2C. What signs has your W shown you that might encourage this new approach? You might want to start by ramping up the friendly banter and seeing how it goes. If it goes well, try suggesting a family outing. If that goes well, then maybe, maybe a neutral outing for the two of you. But you want to keep expectations low and the pressure off. Don't forget your DB rules. Keep it light and simple.

previous thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...903#Post1983903
D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Signals are pretty limited as we don't contact each other except for kids stuff. One day at at cold soccer game, she offerred to bring me a cup of coffee from a local restaurant, but I turned her down. Another time, she was asking me about manuals for some power equipment that she kept and made mention of our favorite sports team in a manner that we used to communicate regularly. She said "Stoopid Packers". I wondered if that was a reach out, but I just ignored it.

She is generally freindly, no, maybe cordial when we are together. I know she was very stressed out about all of this while we were still living together and we have only been separated for 2 months. She said I was beating her down. Because I am paying for her house and all of her utilities and even more, I am wondering if this has still been too easy on her? She recently purchased a brand new bedroom set, while I am buying used. I'm wondering if she wants to get back together badly enough for this to work or even at all.

The other guys were advocating waiting for her to come back and then turning her down on her first request. Really trying to make her work for it so that boundaries and dealbreakers could effectively be set. I'm wondering if I should walk this right up to the edge before I concede any ground, or at least maybe wait through the holidays.

I just don't know how to proceed anymore. Basketball season for the kids starts this weekend, so I will be seeing them at games. Maybe I should try to light something up there since we will be together without me having to reach out? During the kids soccer season this was all still so new that I was a bit standoffish. My W is very prideful also and I have the feeling that she will never admit she made a mistake. Maybe in her mind she hasn't, who knows. I did make the mistake of telling her she was going to regret this decision and she shot back "No I won't". Perhaps that is getting in the way too.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I haven't read the art of seduction yet. I was thinking about No more Mr. Nice Guy first. Someone also recommended His Needs / Her Needs. Too damn many books to read!!

R
R
Originally Posted By: DanF
I haven't read the art of seduction yet. I was thinking about No more Mr. Nice Guy first. Someone also recommended His Needs / Her Needs. Too damn many books to read!!

Hi Dan, Don't worry about the quantity. Decide where you would like to improve and read up on that subject.

I found NUTS much better than NICE GUY..Both touch on the same subject.

"The Art of seduction" covers so many ways to attract, and most of them are counter-intuitive.... I believe it would help your sitch greatly if you were aware of the details in this book.

Look through my list:
Originally Posted By: Ready2Change
Here are links to books I have read and found helpful. I highly recommend first reading the ones listed first, then moving down the list.

Best Response to the threat of Divorce: The Divorce Remedy by Michele Weiner Davis

Detaching for Effective DBing: The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Collection: 3-Book Boxed Set by don Miguel Ruiz

Great book on improving communication: "Messages" by McKay

Great Effective Concepts to use with WAS: Parenting With Love And Logic by Foster Cline

Forgiveness: Radical Forgiveness, Making Room for the Miracle, 2nd Edition by Colin C. Tipping

Re-balance Responsibilities: Boundaries by Henry Cloud

MEN: become attractive: Hold on to Your NUTs: The Relationship Manual for Men by Wayne M. Levine
MEN: learn to pleasure a woman: She Comes First by Ian Kerner
MEN:learn ways to attract: Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss

WOMEN:become assertive, its attractive to men: Why Men Marry Bitches by Sherry Argov

Parents:understand how to protect your kids: Divorce Poison by Dr. Richard A. Warshak

Counter-intuitive ways to attract: The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene
Awareness of attraction: Teach Yourself Flirting ( Book + Audio CD) by van Rood Sam

Get yourself happy: Living a Beautiful Life by Alexandra Stoddard

Improve your Mind reading: The Definitive Book of Body Language by Allan Pease

Be funny: Comedy Writing Secrets 2nd Edition by Mel Helitzer

Learn to effectively channel emotions: Anger by Defoore

Control Fear and panic: 98.6 Degrees by Cody Lundin

Create your own life: The Secret by Byrne

Build your friend base: Always Talk to Strangers by David Wygant

Make it about others: The Power of Kindness by Piero Ferrucci

Deep Personal growth: Keeping The Love You Find: A Guide for Singles by Ph.D. Harville Hendrix

Ways to be loving: The Love Dare by Stephen Kendrick

Understand love differently: The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman

Learn to give what other needs: His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Harley Jr.

MEN:become attractive: The New Male Sexuality, Revised Edition by Bernie Zilbergeld

Understand Affairs: Not "Just Friends": Rebuilding...hirley P. Glass

Improve relationships: Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus:...ex by John Gray

Improve marriage: The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman

Compassion: Love Without Hurt by Steven Stosny

Inspiration: One: How Many People Does It Take to Make a Difference? by Dan Zadra

Interesting concept: Instant Rapport by Brooks

Make room for a partner: The Soulmate Secret by Arielle Ford

Enjoy others: The Fine Art of Small Talk by Debra Fine

Deal with old issues: Toxic Parents by Craig Buck

Eliminate bad interactions: Codependent No More by Melody Beattie

MEN:Become attractive: No More Mr. Nice Guy! by Robert A. Glover

Get through the divorce: Surviving Divorce by Perrett

Parenting:

Boundaries with Kids by Henry Cloud
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Mazlish
Siblings Without Rivalry by Mazlish
Mom's House, Dad's House for Kids by Isolina Ricci
"Does Wednesday Mean Mom's House or Dad's" by Marc J. Ackerman Ph.D.

Effective Communications:

The Elements of Style by Strunk

Purchased by not read:

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Changing Your Course by Robert Blancardi
After I'm Gone by Susan Davies
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
1001 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married by Monica Leahy
Faking It by Writers of Collegehumor.com
Real Love in Marriage by Greg Baer
The Ten Golden Rules by M. A. Soupios

Sounds interesting, may purchase:

Beyond the Masquerade by Julianna Slattery

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
S
S
Originally Posted By: bluestar
I was thinking the same as R2C. What signs has your W shown you that might encourage this new approach? You might want to start by ramping up the friendly banter and seeing how it goes. If it goes well, try suggesting a family outing. If that goes well, then maybe, maybe a neutral outing for the two of you. But you want to keep expectations low and the pressure off. Don't forget your DB rules. Keep it light and simple.

Dan,

fwiw, I agree with this. ^ It's going to take some TIME, tho. In fact, I'd give it like 6-8 weeks, and then reevaluate.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
F
F
Dan,

Hello my friend. I hope you and your kids had a nice Thanksgiving. I think it's great that you want to reach out to your W. I spent the holidays with my W, my son and her family. I honestly thought it would have been uncomfortable but we ended up having a nice time.

The only reason I tell you this is because without my W saying it I knew that she wanted to spend the holidays together. Maybe you can build up to asking her if Christmas is something she'd be interested in spending together as a family. Just a thought.

I hope all is well.

M: 36
W: 29
S: 2.5
EA: 2/2010 OM1
D Bomb: 3/2010
PA: 6/2010 OM2
W moved out 8/2010
Loc: DE, USA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard