Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2102753 11/08/10 03:21 AM
D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Starting a new thread upon request.

Was debating changing the subject line since the sitch has changed dramatically since then, but I figured leaving it made it easier to keep track of.

Other threads:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022616#Post2022616

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2036854#Post2036854

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2058168#Post2058168

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2086200#Post2086200

See Tagline for dates of major events.

Currently separated for just over 2 months and having very little contact. Generally, feeling pretty good about life, got 50% placement of my kids, property divided. All that is left to do is figure out what will happen with the house and get an alimony/maintenance agreement in place.

Final court date = 2/15/11. It will be a Valntine's divorce. How nice!!

J
J
hey lets look at it positively: in that time you could meet someone interesting to take on a "date" being divorced. trust me i know how it feels my anniversary is 2/13

Me 39 H 30
d 18 previous marriage
d 2.5 with H
s 4.5months with H
Seperation Nov09
july i'm dim to dark - set internal deadline
D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Journaling:

Weekend went pretty well. It was my old neighbor's Mom's birthday on Friday and they were all going out to celebrate. She told old neighbor to invite me. That was very nice of her. Everyone was getting separate checks, these with those, those with these, I told the waitress that I was alone and she asked "Do you want to be with me tonight?" Unfortunately, she was about 65-70 yrs old, but everyone thought that was pretty funny. There was one waitress that was my type, tall, thin, blonde, but she had these HUGE MAN HANDS!!!!!!

After dinner most of them were going home, so I want and met another friend at a local bar. Listened to the band, open mic nite. Went to another bar and I sang 2 songs Karaoke. My friend says that is my thing and I should do it anytime I go out. The chicks will dig it. There were a couple decent women there, but they were already hooked-up. Maybe I need to lower my standards.

Saturday S was invited to a paintball party, but we had to have our own stuff. I bought him a gun and the accessories he needed and borrowed some stuff for me to use. We had a lot of fun running through the woods shooting each other.

Went out Sat night with same friend as Friday and had some fun. Nothing out of the ordinary. Went to a country bar where there were some good looking girls, but I didn't approach any.

Registration and plate sticker came for my car, so I went out to put it on, but mine was already on, this was for W's van. Since I had pulled the backing off the sticker, I thought I should take it over to her before it got ruined. When I got there I noticed she had a temporary plate on her vehicle. I asked her waht was up and she said that it had failed the emissions test and needed a bunch of work. I think it is 4 computer sensors and a catalytic converter. This is going to be a bunch of $ that she isn't going to have. Mechanic got it past the emissions test, but she will need to have the work done in time. I just gave her the sticker and left. She is going to have to figure out how to deal with it.

Packers having a good game tonight, but it is Dallas and they have given up, so take it with a grain of salt. Another reason for 40 to be sad in Texas.

Talk to you all again later.

[quote]Packers having a good game tonight, but it is Dallas and they have given up, so take it with a grain of salt. Another reason for 40 to be sad in Texas. [quote]

No crap my horns suck, the cowboys suck, the only good thing is my high school beat the hated Friday night lights school of course so did every other team in the district.

M40, W 37
M 11 1/2 y
T 13 y
D filed 5-18-10
S 5-29-10 OM1 discovered 6-5-10
Counter sued for d 6-16-10
OM2 discovered 8-10-10
OM3, OM4
4 kids 10, 7, & 3
D date 10-14-10
http://tiny.cc/mxzct
W
W
They were saying the Texans were going to have a good year, but no dice. Lost tonight as well....bad year for Texas football...
But looks to be a great dear season. Got an 8 pointer on opening day!

Formerly SGfan
M:38
W:33
M:8 yrs
T:10 yrs
Bomb: Dec '08
Separated: 4/18/09
Divorce: 8/28/09
XW Affair began: April 08
Is puppy and coach on there?

M40, W 37
M 11 1/2 y
T 13 y
D filed 5-18-10
S 5-29-10 OM1 discovered 6-5-10
Counter sued for d 6-16-10
OM2 discovered 8-10-10
OM3, OM4
4 kids 10, 7, & 3
D date 10-14-10
http://tiny.cc/mxzct
D
D
yes

D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just got a text from my landlord that he sold the house that he was planning to rent to me. Now I can start all over again. thought I had a line on another 3 BR in the school district, but was just informed that it was rented TODAY!!! I thought I was going to be golden, but I missed again. Hopefully something else appropriate will pop. This is starting to get stressful again. Waiting to hear on another one.

Not planning to tell W or the kids until I have something else lined-up. Doesn't pay to get everyone all worked-up.

On another note, I got some advice on another site (MA) to start contacting my W informally again. Send her an e-mail or text now and then to see how her day is going. Maybe even ask her out on a date. We have only been separated for 2 months, but this situation has been going on for 10 months now. The suggestion is now that she and the OM are no longer involved, maybe she will have changed her mind, but is afraid or too proud to extend an olive branch.

Thoughts?

S
S
I tend to agree, Dan. If she's no longer with OM (and you can verify that), then I think a casual reach-out would be a good idea. Just don't go overboard.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
R
R
Hi Dan,

Has your W given you any signs that she is attracted to you?

Do you know what the signs are?

Have you finished reading "The art of seduction"?

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard