Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
OP Offline
P
The spouse of the guy I had affair with all those years ago was most hurt that out ( hers and mine ) friendship ended as a consequence . I ended our friendship . Yep weird !

S
S
Originally Posted By: desert_rat
Well, Polly, I'm thinking that if you feel that your presence would be uncomfortable for some, it might be better not to go. But the fact that you are asking the question makes me think you know the answer.

Originally Posted By: newmama
Pollyanna, I don't think it would be a good idea to go to that 50th b-day party out of respect to the spouse of the guy you had an affair with..

I tend to lean towards this advice as well...

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
P
OP Offline
P
Hmmmm the guy I had an affair with went into a deep depression when I would not leave my husband for him. He lost his job etc etc. He came right and now has a good marriage. It was the beginning of the end of mine.

My affair guy and his wife were good friends and we all hung out in a big group. When the waters calmed after it all. i remained with the group whowere amazing support for me. It is one of the groups birthday and they would want me at the party. My x and his new girlfriend and affair and his wife were invited out of respect but not expected to attend. My x and gf are not but others are.

I could of beenattending a party with my X . affair guy and new boyfriend. F*&^. and just to put this all in perspective we arte all middle to upper class people. so social standings do not enter into the arena of sleeze and lies and ugliness.

S
S
Hey Polly. How are you? Did you end up going to the party?

P
OP Offline
P
Hi

Yep went to the party. about 100 people so easy to loose oneself. I did not eat dinner and consequerntly wine went straight to my head. Affair guy was there and looked very pale.

My x brother in law was there and up until that night our relationship was a little strained. Due to my relaxed state i had a lovely chat with him. Built some bridges so big thumbs up.

anyway all good. Everyone had a good night.

good example of life moving on. I was glad my x and his skank were not there. I still feel that i am not up to that.

Are we ever ready to see that ?

P
OP Offline
P
I must learn to reread my posts before posting. Push keys too fast!

S
S
Originally Posted By: pollyanna
I did not eat dinner and consequerntly wine went straight to my head. Affair guy was there and looked very pale.

LOL

Originally Posted By: pollyanna
Are we ever ready to see that ?

I don't think so. It truly is like a dagger in the heart.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard