Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 62 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 61 62
B
B
What fun co-workers you have!!! Enjoy your day and your weekend!!!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
B
B
Enjoy!! And, tell us how the movie is! I love Reese Witherspoon... smile

Happy Happy Birthday!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
OP Offline
M
The movie was very good. It stuck fairly close to the book so I was pleased. I can't stand it when they totally take a book apart to make a screenplay out of it.

We didn't make it to the pub. We were just too tired by the end of the movie.....a couple of old fogies! LOL!!!

Hope you all are having a marvelous Easter!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
W
Happy belated birthday!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
Hope you had a good Easter!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
B
B
Hey Mish! I will have to read the book first then...glad you enjoyed it...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
OP Offline
M
There have been a lot of things rattling around my head that I'm having a hard time with. There is no definition to my life as I see it and I don't take very well to that. There are so many choices I've made that have led me to this place but they were my choices and I need to learn to live with them since they can't be undone.

Do you ever look back on your life and wonder what happened? I do....every day. In the distant past I had dreams and plans and I threw them all away for the hope of building a family. I achieved that goal and then lost part of it. I'm grateful every day for my son even though he drives me past the point of sanity SO often.

What's missing? A future. I can't see one at all and it's making me so sad to know that. I need a new career but can't find a way to accomplish that. I need to feel secure but that isn't possible. I know what I need, but can't find a way to get any of it. I think I've given up trying.

So what now?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
W
Mish, I think when you've lost a R (and even if it returns)it brings home the fact that nothing is ever really safe! We build our lives around things and R's and then when they fall apart we feel vulnerable, insecure and have to deal with uncertainty. I know myself the uncertainty drives me nuts, but I also know that it's a reality and I have to figure out how to live with it. When I was married my life felt planned and secure, I didn't really think about the future because my present was enough. Now, I don't have that in the way I did before. The future stares me in the face and I'm always thinking about how to deal with it. In your case, you have a stressful R with your spouse and the loss of your mother not too long ago. That's a lot. That R with a parent is again one of those rocks we build our lives around. We know one day they wont' be there but when it happens it's like we never realized it could happen! You spent a great deal of time looking after your Mom, it was a major focus of your life for a good long time and now it's gone. What to do? It brings up questions which I think you're now pondering. So, maybe just sit back for a bit and pray that the answers will come. Sometimes the more pressure we put on ourselves to move forward the harder it becomes! I hope I'm making some sense here. smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Just remember that life has a way of happening while we are making other plans. Of course you have a future - everyone does. But you will have opportunities presented to you naturally and the choices you make will determine that future. You can also be ProActive and get out there and get some things going. But take a hard look at yourself. Rethink your hopes and dreams. Reevalute your strengths and the things you enjoy. In short - get clear with yourself but don't sell yourself short.

I took some chances. Made some choices. Made more changes. And it feels good.

Hugs!

Barb

K
K
You know, sometimes we just don't end up where we think we will. That is okay. We get to where we are supposed to be regardless. Ithink I told you guys about this lady I met while I worked at the bank. I had just started a new position of opening accounts and she was one of the first people I helped. Her husband was cheating and left her and as you can imagine she was a mess. She kept breaking down (boy do I understand that now)!

Anyway, I ran into her last Spring. I remembered her name and everything and she remembered that she knew me from the bank. She said it took her a couple of years, and then she started to feel better. Finally about three years out she found it within herself to forgive her ex and the OW. Shortly after she had someone throw her a surprise birthday party...it was her boss. His marriage had failed a bit earlier and she had never thought of him as anything more than her boss, though obviously, they were friends and had talked each other through stuff.

Turns out he was attracted to her and wanted to date her. They have been married a few years now and she can't believe marriage was able to be sooo good.

The idea here while it suits us all to a T, is that she hadn't a clue where she would end up. she got herself to where she felt good. She let go of the anger and forgave. I have a feeling she also managed to forgive herself as well. Then doors began to open, or perhaps they had been open a while but she was so hurt she wasn't able to see what was available to her. I believe that is true for many of us.

Hope this true story helps you. kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 36 of 62 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 61 62

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard