Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38
#2114896 12/19/10 06:09 PM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks ladies! I really think my dad has forgotten the baby days. S is a delight UNLESS HE IS TIRED. He is a baby that HAS to sleep or we all have Hell to pay. I remember before having a baby, I thought 'what's the big deal if they stay up a little later or skip a nap?' HAHAHAHA!

GM- don't worry, I won't buy them booze! I was kind of using dark humor there. You know what I wish I could have got my mom in time was some kind of photo gift! Like a 2011 calendar with his pictures on it. But damn, I just couldn't get it together this year for some reason. I swear, last year I was more on top of it and S was much younger and I was going through the stress of being in limbo!

So, just asked a cousin who has time off this week if she had an hour to spare to help me take some pictures of S...maybe mom can get a late Christmas present.

OK off to clean--my usual Sunday chores--and then when S comes home we are off to a 2 year old's birthday party! Tomorrow I will put him in daycare about an hour before his nap and then pick him up shortly after (so I cando some shopping). The next day I will drop him off again but let exH pick him up from there so I can WRAP everything. Christmas Eve will be spent preparing for the next day's party.

Ho ho ho...

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #2114897 12/19/10 06:11 PM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
just received a Christmas card addressed to exH and family at this address...from someone whose last name I don't recognize. I am assuming it is a coworker--are you kidding me? THEY STILL DON'T KNOW?

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #2114905 12/19/10 07:26 PM
I
I
NM, glad to see you're dong well. I too got a xmas card from STBXW's extended family...apparently not everyone knows. Though in your case the D is a done deal so that's even more interesting.

What are your xmas plans? unless I missed that update.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi IR! Thanks for stopping by. My Christmas plans are for S to see exH on Christmas eve overnight (we will alternate I guess) and then he will be with me on Christmas.

On Christmas Eve, I will get very sh!tfaced while wrapping presents and preparing for the family to come over the next day. I will be drinking applecider and bourbon, I think, and maybe eat some yummy treat although I might want to save that until the Christmas meal. I may watch Bad Santa all by my BAD self, lol! Don't try to talk me out of my apple cider drinkfest...it's on.

On Christmas Day, I will be hosting the family meal and party over here. Between the diabetics and vegetarians, we will have a variety of food. I will not be having any alcohol during that time since I will have gotten my fill the night before.

On the day after Christmas, I will take S to visit my dad in the evening. Hopefully exH can take him during that day so I can clean up post party.

I got S a stuffed lion for his stocking today-- he says "ROOOR!" whenever he sees a lion! SO CUTE.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2114919 12/19/10 08:46 PM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
This year I am almost A GRINCH compared to last year! I DON'T GET IT!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2114921 12/19/10 08:54 PM
M
M
I have been a Grinch each Christmas for years. Up until this year the only reason I even bothered with a tree each Christmas was because I was obligated to have one since I had a child. The Grinchies are coming on again this year now.

New thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2112303
Mystik #2114932 12/19/10 10:31 PM
I
I
You're a mean one... grin

Bbut I love your plans and I'm not the one to talk anyone out of drinking. In fact, as Homer Simpson said the solution to every problem is at the bottom of a cold bottle.

Mystik, hope you're doing well and connected with CG!

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well I found out why my mom hasn't gotten back to me! BUt she could have because the way she got back was through my sister (who still lives with her). My sister called me to check on Gram then passed her phone to mom.

Mom said their landline wasn't working, they had no internet and her cell phone was a piece of crap--only worked 25% time. She has bad credit so she uses Cricket. I suspect it isn't her phone but the cell phone provider!

Well she is going to make the scalloped potatoes (phew! I am worried I wouldn't cook the potatoes long enough or something sicne I have never made it before)

I am going to make a toasted quinoa pilaf, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, roasted red onions, hummus, orange-honey glazed carrots and maybe even some SMOKED ONION DIP!

I saw this recipe on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. The guy smoked the onions on the stove! I have hickory chips! He put the onions in a colander type pot and put that on top of the pan of hickory chips. He smoked them for about 45 minutes. Then he pureed the onions while still warm, and mixed them with mayo and sour cream, and added some spices. I think I will just look up recipes for onion dip to figure out the spices.

Oh and the smoked onion dip was actually served alongside bbq chicken quesadillas--roasted chicken tossed in homemade bbq sauce, throw some cheese on top and put inside a folded tortilla (you know, like how you make quesadillas).

I think I can make the dip the night before, and maybe even the quinoa pilaf. The carrots and the mashed potatoes I can cook on the stove, starting it at 2 (the party is at 3) and I will put the asparagus on a separate sheet and rack than the onions and put both in the oven.

Yay! I am getting excited about preparing the recipes. The secret to my motivation was keeping the TV on the foodnetwork all day while I was cleaning or on the internet.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2114982 12/20/10 06:12 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Today I asked ExH about how/when we should drop off the application to the new daycare. We decided that he would give me the check and paperwork and I would drive it over this week (since I have the days off).

He asked me "what do you think we should tell the director?" I said that we should tell her that you live on the north side of town, I am on the south, and we needed something in the middle.

He adds "yeah, you can tell her that you needed something close to your work." (???HE HAS BEEN REPEATING THIS FOREVER and I don't know where he is getting it from! Maybe because I was excited about the daycare possibility that was 2 buildings away from my work. But I insisted that wasn't a necessary requirement.)

I wonder if he was afraid that I would give the director too much information about how he lives with another woman and divorced me in order to be with her...heh heh!

And then we discussed this next week's plans. First we were talking about when he would pick up S on Christmas Eve. I asked him what time he preferred...I was open because I could use time to wrap presents and get the house prepared for the next day, etc. He said he was flexible. Then I was telling him that I think he could pick up S on the day after Christmas for a few hours if he wanted because I needed to clean up after the party and then be ready to take S to my dad's that night. He said that was fine and that he didn't have any plans.

He added that he might be able to take S straight over to visit his mom and sister since she is in town. (year 2 of him not bringing OW to visit during Christmas. Wow, what a great relationship to be in where you have to hide the love of your life--no, make that SOUL MATE-- from your family! HA.HA. He deserves every stress and inconvenience that is coming his way!!!)

I told him that I had taken S with me to his sister's because I purchased Christmas presents from her. He looked at me in a surprised way. I told him that she's very talented! Did he not remember or even know that she is making homemade bags, aprons, etc? I added that I was going to be dropping by real quick on Wednesday to pick up some more things since I had tons of shopping to do still.

Then we discussed when he would pick up S on Tuesday. I told him taht he could pick him up from daycare because I would be dropping him off just before his nap. Again, exH looked surprised and said "Oh-from daycare?" I explained that I will need to finish my shopping so I would drop him off just before his nap. That way, he will only be awake for a couple of hours before exH gets him. I don't know if exH was judging me for putting him in daycare or what! He did say "well, I guess since we're paying for daycare you might as well use it." I did remind him that it was only for a few hours, and I wouldn't be putting him in it every day.

(Tomorrow I will drop S off at daycare for 3 hours- he will get there in time for lunch, then have a nap and I will get him when he wakes up! I will have enough time to drive to one shopping center, pick up stuff for a few members of the family, and drive back to get S)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2115139 12/20/10 09:15 PM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Something is up with S so I couldn't get any Christmas shopping done- I am keeping him with me today smile Hopefully he'll better tomorrow so I can run around and take care of it all!

He'll be waking from his nap within the hour and then we will have lots of time on our hands. I guess I am not one to enjoy sitting around the house all the time; if he seems to be up for it I might try to take him to one store!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard