Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
A thread for silly things you will never read as happening, but based on the behavior of some folks, you think they must believe that it just might happen.

First entry:

My wife told me she was no longer in love with me, she wasn't attracted to me, that she was attracted to another man, and she wanted a divorce.

I calmly explained that marriage is work and that we could have a better marriage, and that we both had to work on it... along with the pluses and minuses of possibly divorcing.

She changed her mind, and we have been happily married ever since.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
P
P
I thought you were vacationing? grin

Enjoy the Silence
T
OP Offline
T
It was a micro vacation. Friday-Sunday.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
C
C
Quote:
My wife told me she was no longer in love with me, she wasn't attracted to me, that she was attracted to another man, and she wanted a divorce.

So I backed off asking what she was doing and where she was going. We then watched a movie together (Fireproof - my pick) and I rubbed her feet. Our marriage is peachy now.

smirk sick whistle cool whistle eek

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
R
R
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:

So I backed off asking what she was doing and where she was going. We then watched a movie together (Fireproof - my pick) and I rubbed her feet. Our marriage is peachy now.

smirk sick whistle cool whistle eek

LMFAO!!!
He moonlights as a comedian when he's not a coach ;-)

My goodness that was funny, I'm gonna be laughing all afternoon after reading that, too funny!!!

P
P
Fireproof...

My brother recommended that movie to me. And for some reason I put it in my Netflix queue. Watched the first thirty minutes before I felt brain damage setting in. Horribly made movie, cliched writing, poor acting. I guess if you wanted to feel good about your own M, it might work...

P
P
Quote:

So I grabbed her by the hair and dragged her to the local phychiatric ward for lobotomy. I hired a Mariachi band to play for her, change her diapers, wipe the drool and mow my lawn when I'm not home.

Marriage has never been better.

Enjoy the Silence
D
D
Originally Posted By: TimeHeals

And I chuckled and looked at her with the warmest smile I think I ever laid on her in our entire marriage and said "funny you bring a conversation like this up today, I just bought that new gun I'd been saving up for and upped your life insurance this afternoon".

Now if you'll excuse me, I have A LOT of cleaning to do..........

Me 35/XW 33
S13 & S12
M: 10/17/98
OM & S: 07/08
D final 06/09/09
12/03/09 - 06/13/10 "Piercing"
06/13/10: Engaged to Re-marry 10/17/10
06/25/10: Expecting baby #3 2/14/11
P
P
My wife suddenly started going out with her "friends" until all hours of the morning, lost 30 pounds, got a tattoo and a tummy tuck, and texting all day and locking her phone so that I couldn't see them. I asked her if she was cheating, and she said "no," so I believed her, but I firmly told her that I would NOT tolerate any infidelity.

She seemed to get the message, told me she respected my strong stand, and now she comes straight home from work and we've been happily married ever since.

S
S
My turn...

"I asked my husband if he was cheating/seeing someone and he said said absoutely not.

And then we lived happily ever after."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard