Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
I work at a law firm and one of our current cases involves W finding out about OW by accident. Literally.

About two years ago, the H caused a serious car accident due to DUI. OW was in the car with him, and died at the scene from her injuries; H dies from his injuries about a week later. W did not know about OW's existence prior the accident. Funerals for a 40-something year old husband and father are hard enough, but to add discovering the infidelity had to be crushing to the family.

Now, just days prior to the statute of limitations running out, the OW's estate files a lawsuit against H's estate for wrongful death, etc., and W, as executrix of her H's estate, has to deal with that mess.

This is going to be a very long, very emotional case.

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
A
A
Now that takes balls to file a lawsuit against a betrayed spouse while she's grieving for both the loss of her marriage and her husband.. that's just sick

what kind of lawyer is sleazy enough to actually TAKE that case?

S
S
I'm glad to say we're the good guys in this one- we're defending the wife.

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
A
A
Ya, i caught that... I just can't believe a lawyer was low enough to take the case to file against the LBS..

wow.. You hear lawyers are creeps.. but this one just leaves me speechless...

S
S
Sounds like the case of "On the Road" reporter Charles Kurault who had a secret 30-year affair with a woman in Montana. He bought a ranch and built a home for her, and when he died, OW sued his estate for the ranch -- and won! Kurault's wife even had to pay the taxes!

Reading the Larry King transcript gave me the creeps. Kurault called OW EVERY night, went to her kids' graduations, etc. They all acted like he was part of the family - and didn't mind when he went home to his wife and LEGITIMATE family.

Sickening.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard