Next Thread
Print Thread
#2056991 08/16/10 02:22 AM
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi all,

I have been posting in “Piecing Our Marriage Back Together Again “for the last 3 years. When I have time I will try to bring ya all up to date. http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2032171#Post2032171
But to cut to the chase… last July my wife moved back into our room after 3 years. She did have an affair three years ago and gave me that “I love you but a not in love with you” line. The “affair” was actually a weekend away with her old BF and that was it.
Anyway like I said she is back and things are ok. We only had sex once since her return. She is going through menopause and I think maybe a little MLC… also she has a very low self esteem and does not like her body because she says she is fat. Yes she is overweight but she in NOT obese. She has told me she can take sex or leave it…. No real desires… Any women here that are also going though Menno and feel that they are self contuse about their bodies that can give me some advice I am a very high desire spouse...

Doc

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
S
S
Well, you're welcome, that's for sure. Certainly do try to bring everybody up to date, because it looks like you've got a LOT of posts out there.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks S.B-

I am really busy with school this week. Returned after being laid off after 23 years with the same company.(Job went overseas).
It's not easy going back to school at 52.
I WILL provide a "short story" soon
Doc

D
D
Hey Doc. You'll be fine in school. "Just do it".

M
M
Hey Doc.

Personally I don't think your sitch is "sex starved" even though you haven't had sex in so long. Your W has some major self-esteem issues to work out and has to get over that.

Once she does, things will get better.

Just my .02.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mr. Bond....

You are a secret agent... you found me.. shocked .... Maybe you are right. It's just that I am having a hard time in school this mod and have allot on my mind and the frustration of home life does not make it any easier, HOWEVER.. Yes things are 100% better than 3 years ago. I am sure if things at home now were like they were back then I would have ended up dropping out of school.
Thanks for the input everyone here but I think I still need stay in Piecing Our Marriage Back Together Again for now. My son started school today (8th grade) so things will be changing around the home again.
Stop by sometime
Doc

S
S
Gotta disagree. If you're having almost no sex in your marriage, and at least one of you finds that frustrating and upsetting, then you're in an SSM by definition. Knowing some of the reasons doesn't mean it's not what it is.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
D
D
Originally Posted By: SillyOldBear
Gotta disagree. If you're having almost no sex in your marriage, and at least one of you finds that frustrating and upsetting, then you're in an SSM by definition. Knowing some of the reasons doesn't mean it's not what it is.

Agree with the definition of a SSM. Usually by the point the other one who is suffering is having almost none to none sex, they are hearing excuses about not enough time, headaches, toothaches, too tired, don't feel like it, etc, etc.

D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ok guys,

I will try to post something about my sitch here. But right now I have some tests comming up and need to study.. hpefully tonight I can respond here

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard