Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
B
B
Hey Pin,

I stuttered some when I was a kid. There are different causes of it, but for me, it did involve anxiety because it was more common in public situations (like raising hand and answering question) or in other situations when I felt anxious. They taught me some sort of compensatory skills to get unstuck when the stutter stick would happen and I think just general increase in self-confidence and managing anxiety also helped. I bet she'll lick it =)

Me-53
W-49
D22,D18,D15
T-Since-12/2001
Married-9/2004
She Moved Out-5/28/2010
Piecing start-04/2011
Now-together
Thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2079304
P
P
She sure doesn't lack for confidence! This kid will get involved with anything, stand up in front of church, you name it. I just hope it doesn't become something she grows self-conscious of.

S
OP Offline
S
I can relate to the redhead thing. My nephew had a 5 year old daughter who is a redhead- she is headstrong and very bright,same as your daughter sounds like she is.I think it just takes a bit more finesse dealing with a redhead~ You will get there.

Your book sounds amazing and is the genre I love to read. When published all of us DBer's will buy copies. smile

You seem more in control now and stronger than when I first started reading your thread. I am sure it shows at work and at home. Your W will most likely arrive at the same place you are at in time. Everyone is so vastly different, we need to be patient (I am not patient!) and let the spouse come to us when they are ready. wink

My H has walked away from me in every way except physically since we are still sharing his home.In my heart, I feel he will regret the D, but maybe that is just some left over wishful thinking on my part. I am doing great now though and I am ready to face the end of H and I's M when we part in December 2010.

Take care and have a wonderful Thursday~

SQ
S
OP Offline
S
I am sure your daughter will be just fine~ smile

SQ
F
F
Hello Susan!

How are you doing?

S
OP Offline
S
Hi ((( FaithnAK)))!

So nice to hear from you! smile

More importantly than me, how are YOU? How is your sitch going and are you taking care of yourself?

Thanks so much for checking in on me- I am doing very well. My right hip is healing quickly. I only use the cane when I go out in public. I feel almost "normal" again and I have to caution myself not to overdo. blush I tend to go full bore and think I am healed even though I am less than three weeks out of hospital.

The other day, I drove H's truck (easier to get in and out of than my SKY), around the block while he supervised. I can drive, yay!!!! The freedom just to drive myself somewhere is liberating. laugh

How are your dogs? Are they taking good care of you?

You hang in there and always remember I am in your corner~

SQ
F
F
That's awesome Susan. You sound like you're going to be running all over the place very soon.

I don't know why but I hear "Chariots of fire" playing and the sounds of the bionic woman at the same time. laugh

Thanks for being in my corner Susan. I will be fine. Everything takes time and I have a great support group. I'm finally focused on ME instead of her or the M. Just gotta be me again.

Dogs are ok, but I've got to run there butts hard this weekend. They have had a few days of no walks and their tearin through the house playing.

How are you and your H getting along? Has he settled down from the anger 101 show he put on?

Hope you have a good weekend.

S
OP Offline
S
Hi (((FaithnAK))),

Yes, you need to be who you are without boundaries. Love who you are, no matter what you hear from WAW. You will be okay again, it just takes "time".

I am glad you are "holding your own". I know it's hard, and I empathize. I truly feel you will find soon that your courage and strength will pay off. We have to focus on ourselves only and not let the WAS define us. This is very important.

I am doing well with my recovery. I drove myself to several stores today. I needed things for when I move and I purchased them, and I feel great! I am stiff and sore, and move like I am 100 years old, but I am doing great. I do feel it's all mind over matter, my friend!

I have found throughout this whole D process that I have a strong sense of survival mode after all. I didn't think so in July when the "bomb" dropped. I feel I have my "mojo" back and I am okay.

Run your dogs butts hard this weekend, they will love you for it! lol

H is "H". He still has resentment and anger issues.I don't play along. He helps me when necessary, but I rarely if ever ask him for help.

A male friend (nothing but platonic) took me to lunch today..H was seemed "surprised" and went to take a take a nap before this person picked me up.

Have a good weekend, YOU deserve it.

Hang in there- of course I am thinking of you and I AM in your corner! Always~

SQ
Hi Susan,

Your thread is very large. Please start a new one.

Thanks,
sg

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
S
OP Offline
S
Didn't we go through this before? lol

SQ
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard