Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
P
P
Hiya Rocked

Went to the doctor today, ankle is just sprained. I did get my very first x-rays! It finally started feeling better yesterday so I think I'm on the mend. I've been taking my Pure Barre class a few times a week but I think I'll try to get back to 6x a week, at least until I leave for vacation.

I am interested in trying belly dancing. I knew someone years ago who took classes. I want to get back into tap and lindy hop, just a matter of money right now.

No contact sounds like a good idea to me. Keep it strictly to info about the kids and finances, via email. Give yourself the space you need and deserve.

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
R
OP Offline
R
Spent a good part of the day Saturday packing at the house in preparation for my move Oct. 22-23. I tried to view it as a task to be completed, and also focus on the positives. I am excited about my new place and that helps.

But... of course that was not so easy. H was not around which made it easier, but the kids were so I held it together while packing. The kids stayed to spend the night with their dad, so after I drove away with a load of boxes, I cried like a baby the whole 30 min. drive to my parents' place.

The other thing that was hard was that the wedding portrait we have always had in our bedroom for twenty years had been taken down. I don't know what he did with it, but it's not there. The other wedding photos that were on shelves in the living room were turned around. I took all those with me to store away. I guess he can keep the wedding portrait and do what he wants with it. It used to be very precious to me.

What have others done with wedding photos/mementos? I find this is one of the hardest things to deal with.

Anyway, on a positive note... I am planning a housewarming party for myself when I am moved in. I am getting back to focusing on the positives and celebrating the good.

G
G
(())
Hope things start becoming a little more bearable. If anyone can do this, I know it is you that can.
Seeing what your H has done...he doesn't deserve you.

M39 W41
Two children
WAW bomb dropped 11/7/09
Piecing Aug 10 - Nov 10
No longer piecing...Nov 10
Separation Jan 11
EA ends again Feb 11
Piecing attempt #2, Mar 11
P
P
I'm sure packing was tough. I'm actually dreading packing for my eventual move because I know I'll be separating out my things. Not sure what to do with wedding photos since I don't have any. I assumed I would just pack up all my pictures and store them away somewhere. It's hard because when you've been together so long everything seems to have a story involving both of you. I guess as time goes on you just get new things or new memories that are only yours and it gets easier.

Wish I was closer so I could come to the housewarming party!

R
OP Offline
R
I think you are right Pearl about it getting easier over time.

If you lived closer you would SO be invited! grin As would all my other DB friends. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

S
S
I just packed away love notes, pictures and mementos in a box.... I figure my daughter will want to look at them some day.

It was hard, but it must be done.... sort of ritual thing. But I didn't want to keep having to see little things over and over again.

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

K
K
Hi RW

How are you, sweetie? I know packing up and moving out cannot be easy. It is one of the hardest things to think about getting through. BUT this is a new chapter and I think that you are right to be excited about being in your own place etc. It is a chance to decorate and make a home. And it will be a relief to be away from all the WAS stress and in your own space.

Hi Pearl

I am not in the alt now but will definitely have to join to talk to you girls. In real life I used to spend too much time online and I decided that it wasn't the most productive way to spend my time, so I cut out FB and the like. I'll just have to learn how to manage my time better and not be seduced by all those games!

Hugs to all.

Can't keep a good woman down
S
S
Hi sandycay,

How are you?

Everyone has their own way of dealing with what to do with the mementos from an H or W when preparing for a D.

The weekend my H was away at his daughters, I worked 6 hours going through everything H had given me-keepsakes, stuffed animals, cards, love letters, the whole 9 yards as it is said. I tossed most everything out. The more beautiful love letters and cards, I placed in a box along with our wedding album and put it in H's home office. When he arrived back home, he saw the box and said "are there things in there you want me to have". I said yes, nothing more.

I felt okay about it all. I cried, got mad, cried some more when I went through everything as I don't want a D. I did feel somewhat "cleansed" of my pain after I tossed out the memorabilia. The pictures of H and I together were the hardest to deal with, these went into the round file too.......

Hang in there.

SQ
R
OP Offline
R
Good morning Friends smile

GW! Nice to see you pop back on my thread and thank you for your kind words. You are a good friend and I hope all is going well with Mrs. GW. smile

Kara, hiya Hun! I am doing well. Yup its hard and in just over a week I will be (mostly) done with that. I can't wait. I am visualizing myself in my new place pouring myself a glass of wine and taking a nice long bubble bath to celebrate my new chapter.

Sandy and Susan... thank you both for popping by. I appreciate your perspectives. I think that I need to just put all of that stuff in a box and store it away for now. I am not ready to go through it all and I feel it would set me back in my progress right now. Some day I will. Just not now. And that's OK.

I am having dinner out with a friend tonight and looking forward to that.

Then keep on planning my move and my party grin

P
P
Rocked, that sounds like a good plan.

Kara, I don't do any FB games. I already spend too much time there as it is, so that's a rule I stick to hard and fast.

Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard