Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey all I am still alive...
Boy when someone here told me "it takes as long as is takes" they were right.

Things are changing... not where I want them yet but still farrrrrrrr better than when I first started this thread.

We are still both working... (Nice having money again)... son starts Highschool next year... (I remember when this started and he was starting junior High. Wife was worried that our problems would make it harder on him in this transition... Why she did not think about that before she cheated I don't know.
I think what has made this better for me is the fact that I have started thinking about ME... What I wanted. Not worrying about what she wanted or what would pi$$ her off.
Our nephew graduates from Stanford next weekend. Palo Alto is a couple of hours away and the graduation is early on Sunday morning…..Soooo the wife and I are going down Saturday night and staying in a hotel..(Son is staying with his sister at home)
This will be the first night in over a year that we have been alone….. At night…… in a hotel…..
blush

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
J
J
Dr.

Have either of you talked with each other about the hotel room?

If you haven't I'd caution you about forming expectations that might not happen, which may sour the following day events.

As for piecing...I admit to not knowing your whole situation, but you are posting here...

Why is this the first time in a year? Do you guys do date nights and weekend get-a-away? Money might be tight but there are deals out there.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S
Hey Doc,

You sure have come a long way. You will be fine wink

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
D
Dr LOve Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Saffie... hope all goes well with......
Anyway... Three beans... IF YOU DON"T EXPECT ANYTHING... you are NEVER disappointed....

First let me tell ya STANFORD UNIVERSITY was fantastic…the Campus was huge… AND the President of Mexico was there and gave the commencement speech got there Saturday and went for a walk… it was nice… then we had dinner with family at a beer pub and had a great time. BUT alas when we got back to the hotel room I was tired from the long drive and so was wife… so we slept….of course during the night we did snuggle…..that morning when I got up for some reason I had a dizzy spell. I could not look up without getting dizzy…..The main ceremony was at the Stanford stadium... (That is where the President spoke) after we were to go the Architectural engineering department to watch our nephew graduate. It must have been at least a quarter mile away on campus. They had shuttles but we did not want to wait. SOOOO with my bad leg and all wife and I set off across campus.

All of a sudden without warning wife put her arm through mine……. Latter she held MY hand……now normally I would be the one to initiate this type of behavior…. About half way across campus we walked on opposite sides of a pole and wife said “Bread and butter”
For those of you not familiar with that saying … you say it when something comes between you and the one you love…(bread and butter go together)…
So yes there was no physical intimacy that weekend. (Not to say we have not been intimate at home… just not as much as I would like)
But the weekend was great…. I feel the end is near……What a long strange trip it’s been….. crazy

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
S
S
That is such good news Doc. You have accomplished a huge amount and should be placed in the success stories section.

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard