Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted By: KerryK
The majority of all other ex's were just cruel to the LBS. FLTC's ex is not just cruel to him, but also to the kids. She is a witch.

I vote for FLTC's ex to be the worst I've read on these forums. She has replaced this guy as the ace of spades.

I don't know. FIB's ex-wife was pretty darn horrible, even to the kids. She's a nightmare. That's pretty hard to top....

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
C
C
vote to document this mess as well, what a sad excuse for a human being...

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
M
M
Happy 4th of July!!! It's a good time to thank you for your service to our country, FLTC!!!

M
M
Found you! LOL

Wow.

Just wow.

Document it. Document it. Document it.

If she's dropping them off so you are having more time with them, you can always ask to have custody and child support amended to reflect the true split of time.

Hang in there.

Try not to let her get to you. She's just trying to get reactions out of you all.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
H
H
FL,

There are people in this world who do not care about the kids. You know this. I always looked at my X as having his own agenda and that was to make himself richer by either making me poorer or making his son's pay. He does not care about them. I believe that your X does not care about hers. We must come to a place where we choose. We think that the D will cause everything to go away but it does not.

M
M
How is the summer going?

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I am back to observe and lurk for a few minutes.

As soon as I got to the DB site, my stomach hurt. I saw new names….names that implied such incredible hurt and betrayal that it made me almost sick.

It’s been about 5 years since I began posting here. First on the “Separated, now what?” board, where I think I posted every 5 minutes, looking for a cyber life line, to the “We’re separated…..” while I was training to go to Iraq and then while in Iraq, and finally......"Surviving...."

I saw the new names, but with the old feelings of anguish. I can remember when I couldn’t get out of bed, and making my bed seemed like running a marathon.

I think about the night I tried to check out for good in April of 2006 because all I wanted to do was end the pain.

I think about the anguish and torment of dealing with an absolutely impossible STBXW. (If you can check out my posts from 2005-6, read them if you don’t believe she was just miserable!)

Of the constant two year battle just to get divorced. Of finding out my STBX was having an affair with her 65 year old boss who was still “married” to his wife who was dying of cancer.

To both of their denial that this was an affair, to my days in Iraq during the “Surge” when I kept in touch with all of you and slowly but steadily began to get “GAME” again, to my return home, a reborn person.

This is a horrible, hideous vortex I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy. It is the most upsetting thing I have ever gone through, including a year in Iraq at the height of the violence.

But then…………..while doing leg presses at my favorite gym in October of 2008, still having a deployment-shaved head, the universes converged and “Gym Woman” appeared……when I least expected it. This was a woman that I had known for years. Her daughters and mine went to school together. We were in the same social circle for years, we actually enjoyed each others company at parties for years.

In 2001 her husband delivered the “I’m not happy, you aren’t into me and my career, you don't sit next to me, but with the kids on an airplane I want a divorce” speech……You remember one of that nature, right?

He left her and two kids…and forgot to tell her that he and his secretary had become, Ehem… cough, cough: “exercise partners”!

I had survived mortars, rockets, “pucker-factor” helicopter and plane rides and other flying metal debris in Iraq for a year, and all I wanted was some joy in my life. “Of all the gin joints in all the world, you had to pick this one” (Casablanca?)

I think we were both immediately hit by lightning. It was an unbelievable coincidence. She had only moved back to town a week earlier, and I was never at the gym at that time. She said “I’m so glad you’re back. I read about you in the paper, but I didn’t know you were back.

Truth is, I thought a lot about her when I was deployed. Where she was, if she was remarried, if I could ever contact her and how awkward and sketchy that might be!

After a few more “chance meetings”, I asked her out and she gladly accepted. We have been together ever since. Inseparable. Two years later on July 4th, I asked her to marry me and she accepted. It was awesome. My divorce was final in May, but I had been separated since July 2006…4 years.

Here’s my message: I was probably lower than anyone on this page. I actually tried to take my own life because all I wanted was to make the pain of losing my family (at least that’s how I viewed it) to stop.

Looking back, I was a verbally and emotionally abused MALE! As hard as I tried, I couldn’t influence my miserable STBX to change her mind. Looking back, some marriages should NOT be saved. Mine was one.

Not that this type of ending will ever happen for everyone, but there is hope, light laughter after this heart-wrenching process. It might take 5+ years or more, but it does happen. Time is a wonderful friend and the best possible medicine.

There were times when I was alone when I would physically tremble from fear and could not stop. The word “Divorce” made me want to throw up.

There are some great people on these boards. They got me through some horrible times….five years and a combat tour worth of times. Relationships are hard work. I’ve done a lot of personal overhauls in my outlook as well.

My STBX was miserable, but if you don’t take stock in your own failings, you’ll fall right back into the same tar pit. Be reflective, introspective….....always try to see how you can improve. FORGET your “former spouses”. They’re not worth the time of day.

For now, keep hydrated, wear your protective eyewear, and turn off the shower when you lather up! (Operaton Iraqi Freedom Wisdom!)

FLTC

K
K
Congratulations!! I am really happy for you both. I know I don't know you as well as some but I have read along since I moved over here this past year.

I too get saddened just seeing new names, knowing that they never stop coming. People keep hurting each other over and over. It does get better, even if you slip and get a scrape now and again. Thanks for sharing so much. I for one have appreciated it.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
Congrats! It's great to hear how your life has come together. You went through hell adn your'e still standing, you're an inspiration to all of us here. Thanks for dropping by and sharing. smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard