3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

A
A
Yesssssssss!

W
W
As the roar from the crowd begins to fade, I expect you will find him acting out in anger and denial. Not like his normal cheerful friendly self smile

I also expect you will have to get your L and a biker gang to help you get your hands on some part of that. He will continue to hide it and lie about it as he tells you do what you have to because he just doesn't have it. In other words, he will probably get around to daring you to put the father of your children in jail.

So I think you should begin gathering small items for a gift basket. Soap on a rope is a great start. Generic smokes will be appreciated. Cuz when you finally do get to that point and have his @ss picked up, he will be needing some of those handy personal items.

But still ... CONGRATS to you on winning the war of the high road first, and then the settlement marathon. So take a deep breath, pour a drink, and soak in the tub a bit. Enjoy the fact that right is right, and you were.

As you sit there soaking and relaxing, grin from ear to ear as you consider him screaming and yelling at the OW over his terrible plight, how the court failed him, and how he will get even. And visualize her beginning to imagine him screaming those same things about her. smile A true Kodak moment indeed.

(((MissH)))

cool

Last edited by Was2sad; 07/08/10 06:22 PM.
T
T
Was2sad,

You made me laugh ..... Wonderfully descriptive and visual

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

job Offline
Congratulations! What's the timeline on him providing the bundle of money to you? Don't let the timelines slip!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
So happy for you, Miss H!!

I'm getting ready to take my exH back to court because he still has not signed the QuitDeed for the house. He has been and is in contempt of court. I can tell ya, he won't a very happy person when he is served. Please keep us in your prayers.

Congratulations, again!!

deb

M:June 28,2008
H:Awesome Man!
S:28
SS:25
SS:21
D:19
S:16

"Love Never Fails!"

"God doesn't take anything out of our lives without replacing it with something far better." -Billy Graham
A
A
ding dong JA finally got his just desserts!!!!! yup he done got served $hit on a $hingle!! hahahahahahahahahaha

Me 53
H 51
OW 25
Bomb may 06
left june 8/ 06
ILYBNILWY (twice!)
7/6/07 H wants to come home
7/21/07 H comes home
7/07 -7/08 long haul letting go of OW
now piecing in earnest

C
C
First of all.....
"Woot Woot!!"

You've gotten some great (and at times, hilarious) advice and comments. I know that you will do just fine.

I wish I could have been there to see OW arguing with the policeman. OMG...how stupid is she, anyway? Don't bother...I've answered my own question.

Take care, be prepared, love up those kids and most of all believe that things WILL turn around for all of you in the near future.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible
V
V
Hi Miss H

I also got a collection judgment from the judge at my hearing two week ago. W2S is right, though. Your XH will hide everything he owns, put assets in other people's name (most probably the OW), and in general make it difficult to collect.

Only 20% of these judgments are ever collected. The trick is to be among the 20% who DO collect.

In my case, my XH has relatives in another state who would be willing to hide assets for him -- so finding them would be next to impossible.

My strategy is to prove that XH lied in court about his assets. I have a friend who works for a title company who is helping me sort through XH's properties, and a repo man who is helping me run VINs on XH's vehicles. If I can prove that XH lied in court about his assets, then it's likely the judge will put him in jail with a cash bond in the amount of the back support that he owes me. I believe there is 30 days to get this evidence and make a motion for a new trial.

If all else fails, you could hire a professional collection agency but they usually take 50% of the assets collected.

Hang in there
Val

V
V
Oh, Miss H, I forgot to tell you .,

I started my search at the Court House at the Real Estate Tax Assessor's office. Most of these offices have a computer for public viewing. I typed in my XH's name and got a record of all his real estate transactions (got a lot of information from that). I also typed in OW's name, just to see what would come up.

In addition to this, if you think your XH has a relative or close friend who might be trying to help him hide assets, you can type in their name and check them out too. There is a nominal cost per copy but well worth it if you find something you can can use.

I next went to the Vehicle Tax Assessor's office. A sympathetic clerk ran me off a copy of XH's vehicle assessment record for 2010. It might depend on who you talk to, as to whether you get a copy of it or not. Take the court order with you .. it might help.

This is how I started my search. I turned this information over to the title company and the repo man to see what they will turn up. Anything I can think of to help you, I will post it for you (assuming that your court judgment is similar to mine).

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard