Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
OP Offline
M
I wish I could but it would take to long for the filing to go through.That is what my Lawyer said and all of the extra money was in that account so I don't have anything to pay the lawyer with.Thay won't file unles you pay.

M
OP Offline
M
She wants a dissolution.If we go that way she doesn't want my pension or anything,just wants to get out fast.If I file then she will try to get almost everything.

T
T
A dissolution agreement is usually the first step in the process of a divorce.

You need to retain a lawyer.

What usually happens is that they draft a dissolution agreement, get both parties to sign and notarize it, then file the divorce case and fill in the docket number on the agreement.

They don't have to do it that way, however. If you don't have an agreement in place before it goes to court, then it can get messy and expensive.

You number one priority should be retaining an attorney to proceed with your divorce so that you can protect yourself.

If she doesn't want anyhting, then that's good. Let her put her signature on that piece of paper.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
M
OP Offline
M
Why do I feel so embarrassed about what is going on.Don't feel like going anywhere. I am affraid someone will ask me why I am not on vacation like I am supposed to be.It is like I am doing something wrong and am affraid to see anyone and talk about it.Nobody else knows what she is doing to me.Is this normal???Oldest son stayed hom with me and he is realizing that wifes action caused him to miss his family vacation too.He is very mad at his mom and does not want to talk to her.She called him once since they left and now hasn't spoken to him for almost 2 days.

Last edited by mission/impossible; 06/06/10 08:02 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
I am still numb.Is this a normal reaction to what is happening?Found out about 19 days ago and after 19 years it is over that fast?Unbelievable.

A
A
It was over for my marriage that fast to mission. I was where you are some years ago. It does work it's way out. In my case, I had to leave and get away from her before I was able to bring the anxiety under control. However, my ex was/is still a good Mother. I didn't have to worry about her taking care of our S. It doesn't sound like in your case that's possible. I was still paying the bills for our house at that time and living a pretty modest existence. Chalked up a lot of debt in the process. Even after all these years,she still is in love with the OM, but I've garnered her respect trough my perseverance and ability to 'move on'. In some respects, I think she's jealous of my independence. I say that because she can't emotionally break away from a Man she can't be with physically. I know she does want to break that emotional bond, but she's not strong enough. You see, he's been in prison the whole time and will probably be there for a lot longer. Next parolee hearing isn't until November of 2012. At that time, it will be 20 years he's been in prison. I know, sounds like a Montel Williams show, but it's my life. Hang in there. The journey is like walking though hell, but you'll come out the other side surprising even yourself.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
M
OP Offline
M
I just do not understand it.She did not want to talk or try to work it out.Never really talked to the kids about what has happened just told them that Mom and Dad are having problems.Just wants out,it is scary that it can happen so fast.Why do I feel like I am in hiding?

L
L
Originally Posted By: mission/impossible
I am still numb.Is this a normal reaction to what is happening?Found out about 19 days ago and after 19 years it is over that fast?Unbelievable.

Coming from someone married 19 years....Yes....that fast frown

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
P
P
The sooner you stop trying to figure it out and start accepting reality the better. It took me a long time as well. Everyone's processing time is different.

You are in shock; this could and most likely will last for years. Instead of asking why start asking yourself why not. Why not just accept it and meet her where she is at?

You can not control the situation as much as you would like to. The longer you try the longer your process will take. Just let it go and use this time to figure out what you REALLY want and need. Not what you THINK you want.

When it first happens it feels like you are gasping for air and the only way to breath is to be married to your WAS. Soon you will realize that you will be able to breath long deep breaths as soon as you stop gasping.

Stay strong. PMA

M
OP Offline
M
I know I have to move on. But my next question is I am home now and everyone knows that I should be on vacation with my family.People keep asking why I didn't go.I am too ashamed to tell anyone what is going on even if is my wife that is doing it.My question is do I start telling people what happened??I know it would travel like wild fire because we live in a small town.Or do I wait for it to some how come out.I know when my wife comes home will probably want to move out.So it will be out there soon but then it will be her version,any thoughts on this.
My W called a couple of times when they first left but hasn't called for about 3 days so I know she does not even want to talk to me at all.I talk to my youngest son dailey.

Last edited by mission/impossible; 06/10/10 12:05 PM.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard