Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
V
V
Quote:
So if my legacy is smart, funny, faithful, honest kids, that works for me.

Kinda like you! smile

W
W
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo

1)The computer and video games need to disappear PERIOD for the entire summer these kids are gigantic wimps and are in horrible shape

2)And the TV

What a touching comment...so incredibly sensitive!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
Hi BobbiJo. I have been a long-time reader of your situation because I relate so much to the things you say. This post really struck home with me.

All the points you made about why you don't want to heal and move on are just how I feel. It is so hard to feel like I have given up on my marriage and my kids will never have the stability of their parents being married to each other anymore.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I think you are doing a great job and you have been inspiring to read. I always enjoy your posts.

Me W41 WAH43
D13 D11
Married 18 years
S March 2009
D filed by me April 2010
WAH/EA/PA
B
B
[quote=whatisis][quote=BobbiJo]

[color:#CC0000]1)The computer and video games need to disappear PERIOD for the entire summer these kids are gigantic wimps and are in horrible shape

2)And the TV
[/color

Ummm.........maybe I am wrong but i have this weird elephant memory sometimes----wasn't it Dan that bought the video games for the kids (or maybe Dan's mom--but his "side" nonetheless. And at that time I believe you voiced your concern about it and were blown off??

Now low and behold he is getting around to be upset at is own decision? (hmmm)

I would call BS on this one and establish a real, firm, clear boundary with him that this was his choice and now he can deal with the consequences during his time, my (BBJ) time with the kiddos is fine and I (BBJ) can handle it just fine, if you (Dan) cannot handle it than maybe we need to look into getting your visitation (and support) adjusted accordingly!

Last edited by Buffet; 06/06/10 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling

H: 30
W: 31
S: 2
T/M: 6/4
D Final 4-5-10

Bomb: June 09
Buffet #2015681 06/06/10 02:53 AM
W
W
BobbiJo, sorry about those Orioles tonight, the birdhouse collapsed in the ninth! They took one right on the beak, didn't they...OK, I think that's about enough wit for this post.

G
G
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
What I can control is my ability to show my kids a strong, loving, happy, playful, forgiving mom with strong character and integrity. So that is what I will do....So if my legacy is smart, funny, faithful, honest kids, that works for me.

Bravo! Well said, Mom!

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

W
W
Hey, I just remembered that you're a Cardinals fan BBJ...I got the wrong birds and now I've wasted all those good bird jokes...damn cough medicine!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support. Man I love these boards...

Wii don't worry about the Orioles thing, they are great too! As are the Blue Jays. I am an equal opportunity bird lover!
And the jokes were good. smile

Buffet, the kids to have a computer here at my house but no I have no video game system. MIL bought a Wii 2 years ago to draw the kids in bc they always said they liked going to MY parents' house better--and yes sometimes they said that TO the inlaws. blush

Then before Dan has literally even finished putting flooring in the house his mom has him set up with a Wii and he buys a flat screen tv. whistle Never mind he had agreed with me we would not get the kids game systems, period.

I am not concerned with the level of activity the kids do. Tonight MIL/FIL brought the kids in to Relay and Sydney RAN several laps she was so excited to be on the track. Other parents remarked at how fast she was! So if he has issues with the kids, those are his, not mine.

So much more rattling around my brain but primarily, I am exhausted! Was at Relay for 8 hours between jogging/walking, hanging out with my kids, and working in the Kid Zone. Finished up with 16 miles and now that I have finally stopped moving my legs are violently protesting! eek Ouch....

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
C
C
The activity level of the kids is a concern for me. For D7 not so much. She loves to get out and run. For D11, it's a major concern, but we are going to do a lot of swimming.

My concern is that they get on each other's nerves. D7 is ADHD and needs/demands extra attention. This grates on D11. In the past, we put the two in so many camps that they spent much of the summer apart.

This year, STBXW has decided she can't afford so many camps and is hiring the after school sitter to watch them a couple of weeks. So they are going to be around each other A LOT and ... it's going to be a long summer.

I hope your legs feel better. My foot injury is FINALLY to the point where I may attempt more running this week. STBXW has them this week so I'll only see them Wednesday I believe until next Monday.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So, day one of Dan detox and I made it through most of the day... smile

MIL mentioned a concert in the park tonight at six that she wanted to take all the grandkids to and I have learned what MIL wants, she gets 90% of the time...so I figured kids wouldn't be back until seven or after.

Slept until 10:30, can't believe that! Went to bed at 1:30 but still~guess I wore myself out with all the walking and being out in the heat for so long. Literally couldn't walk the first 20 minutes out of bed, the bottoms of my heels and achilles were killing me. Stupid plantar fasciitis! Now the legs are better but my lower back is killing me. Ugh.

So I went out and ran some errands, then came home around 1:15 and started reading Journey from Abandonment to Healing. Wow this is a good book! It helps explain the science behind why we feel the way we do so I don't just feel like a weak, hopeless mess! wink blush Was nodding off again (seriously!?!) by the end of chapter 2-Shattering.

So I lay down on the couch and slept for about an hour, a surreal dream woke me up. Can't remember it all but it was weird (people I didn't know were in it I think maybe Vince Vaughn and there was a talking cat?!). Got up and read the rest of Ch. 2 and started Ch 3, Withdrawal. Which seems to be where I am now...

Anywho...was reading along when this song came on

"Love Remembers"
You can forget what love was wearing
When it walked out your front door
Where you fell down to your knees
And you can forget the kind of suitcase
That was packed out on the sidewalk
While you cried there beggin' please
But love remembers

You can lie and tell yourself
You're over it and someone else will take love's place
And this is for the best
You can lie in that bed
In a stranger's arms reachin' for comfort
Close your eyes and still get no rest

Cause love remembers
The smell of a summer day
Lying in a hammock over fresh cut grass
And the promise of forever
Yeah love remembers
The sound of the pouring rain
Beatin' down on the top of a car
On the side of the road
Where it couldn't wait
Yeah love remembers

You might convince yourself
There's shelter in a bottle
And for a while there it might numb the pain
But when it hits you, then it hits you
That love's still gone and you'll be wishin'
That you'd poured it down the drain
'Cause love remembers

The taste of cotton candy lip gloss
On the lips of a long kiss
And the plans they made together
Yeah love remembers
To feel the fingertips
Running through soakin' wet hair
On the bank after a midnight swim
Yeah love remembers

guitar solo

Yeah love remembers
The smell of a summer day
Lying in a hammock over fresh cut grass
And the promise of forever
Love remembers
The sound of the pouring rain
On the side of the road
Where it couldn't wait
Yeah love remembers

Love remembers
(Love remembers)
(The sound of the pouring rain)
(On the side of the road)
(Where it couldn't wait)

That song always gets to me, but if you have ever heard it it is beautifully sung...anyway while it was on and I was reading my phone beeps,

Dan text, "What's the plan stan"

I replied back 15 minutes later, "You tell me I am up for whatever" bc I am not going to tell him what to do on his day.

So he calls me then, says apparently there is a concert at the park, I acted like I didn't know. He said the kids wanted to go but Sydney was also missing me a lot. I told him she was distraught last night leaving me at Relay, bc she was. Then I said just let me know when you decide and I got off the phone. I really don't want to talk to him right now...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard