Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
WCW #2100872 11/04/10 02:53 PM
B
B
Finally caught up.....phew!

You sound great smile

So happy to read your latest post <3

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
WCW #2101642 11/05/10 04:40 PM
K
K
Different expectations lead to different results! Good job hon. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks bnd and kat!

I could use some input quickly if anyone is reading.

I want to go to an event in December that requires airfare to get there. We have friends that have free admission tickets to the event along with 2 free night in a hotel. Our cost will be airfare and food. This is an expensive event and it will never be any cheaper than this, plus it is on my 'bucket list' to do this.

I have asked H, and he wants to go, but doesn't have money to buy airfare. I said I would buy, it would be his early Christmas present. Then H said if there is extra money for his airfare he would rather spend it to bring granddaughter HERE next year.

Now that is truly something I would love, and also shows another change in H behavior.

Tonight we are getting together with friends to buy airfare, what words can I use to encourage H to come along? I am not made of money but this would be a great trip for us.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #2101896 11/05/10 09:30 PM
S
S
WCW,

If it's a once in a lifetime thing to go to the event at this rate then tell H it was meant to be and there is no one else you'd rather share it with than him. (Unless of course you would like to take me instead.) JK LOL

W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
It's pretty close to once in a lifetime since it's the first time in my life I've been offered free admission and free hotel!

H has been so stressed about money, he is always barely making ends meet, and often the ends are not meeting! It hurts me to see him struggle yet - he was out racking up bills and overspending while I struggled to keep the mortgage paid. I wonder too how much he 'whines' on my sympathies to see if how much I will help without him asking, yet if I offer he won't take my help. Seems like we're spinning!

WCW #2102470 11/07/10 01:45 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
We went to friends to make the trip plans, H was nodding all along, right up to the time to put his name on a ticket, then he said he didn't know if he was going. We didn't finalize anything, waiting until everyone gets back from weekend trips and will regroup again. Bummed.

H was wishywashy about even going on the trip this weekend, he said he should stay home and make money. The trip he is on this weekend is all reimbursable, but he didn't have 'front' money to go. I gave him money and a credit card for the trip.

I went with the Race Team to the banquet last night, my nephew finished the season Top 5, huge trophy! Of all things, my night capped off by a lady who cornered me to talk about problems she had with her horses - that she keeps at ows. She wants to come to me for lessons and help with her horses. It was hard to listen to her talk about how ow talks about my H. ow obviously is not done trying to dig her fangs into my H, so I give my H extra credit for 'finding his way back' while she is still luring him. Such a reminder not to get complacement!

My night ended with a huge hug - from the lady that wants help!

WCW #2104603 11/11/10 04:21 PM
K
K
Just checking in. smile Hope things are still moving forward.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well, the good news is we have a new puppy!
The bad news is, we have a new puppy.
It is bad news because it may have been the last straw for a M of some family/friends. I hope they work it out.

Working on getting along with a new person at work, it's hard to always drop what I am doing when a demand is made.

H is the good part of my life at this point, about time!

One more show to wrap up the season, I think I'll spend the winter months being lazy after the season is done!

WCW #2106805 11/18/10 11:43 AM
S
S
WCW,

Congrats on the new puppy! It doesn't sound like you'll get to be lazy after show season. You'll be housebreaking the puppy!

I am so happy to hear that it's all finally coming together for you and your H. Your patience, and understanding have been rewarded. I hope your H realizes how lucky he is.

All the best to you both!

WCW #2106808 11/18/10 11:51 AM
N
N
Originally Posted By: WCW

H is the good part of my life at this point, about time!

Wow, I am very happy to read that and very happy for you! smile

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard