Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
OP Offline
D
What would you prefer in bed?

An alpha male...or an "oh please please give me some sex as I have no control over the sex in this relationship" type of male?

A man who will ravage you and leave you breathless?

Or a man who is not sure enough of his own prowess to cause your knees to quiver?

A man who will slam you up against a wall and pull your hair once in awhile?

Or a man who would never "dare" to "handle" you in anyway other than with kit gloves?

Just wondering what you might have to add to this....

DQ

Last edited by DanceQueen; 02/24/10 02:43 AM.
H
H
is this a trick question?

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
D
OP Offline
D
No...it was prompted by a comment ssmguy made on my "wedding" thread. He basically challenged that "most" women aren't after alpha male behaviors in the bedroom. I countered that I'd like to hear some other women's opinions, as I know I'm not the only one. There have been dozens of books on this subject and literally hundreds of threads in this forum on this subject...but instead of digging all that out, I thought I'd just see what women around here said.

DQ

H
H
sorry--I was being a smart-@ss.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
D
D
Originally Posted By: DanceQueen
No...it was prompted by a comment ssmguy made on my "wedding" thread. He basically challenged that "most" women aren't after alpha male behaviors in the bedroom.

I think you misread DQ.

Originally Posted By: ssmguy
Most women might want what DQ describes as the alpha male, but not all. My wife was always turned off by what she describes as alpha male behavior. She's head of a department at work.

Yeah, I'm in the prefer alpha male in bed club. I DON'T prefer it at work though. Totally different situation.

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
C
C
I find most of what ssmguy has to say about women to be misogynistic, misguided (who takes Jay Leno's jokes as "evidence?"), embarrassingly juvenile, or based on self-servingly skewed perceptions.

I find there's nothing like a sensitive guy asking, "What would you like me to do...?" to kill my desire for sex in one second flat.... The alpha male, on, the other hand, is HOT.

K
K
Yeah, I'm with Dudess. Give me an Alpha in the sack, and a partner everywhere else.

Which is not to say that *every time* has to be all hair-pully and bodice-rippy. But there is definitely something missing if that's *never* there.

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
D
OP Offline
D
sorry hoosier...I didn't catch your smartassy-ness...my bad. :0)

Thanks for the input, gals.

DQ

G
G
Dudess,

This is a very interesting thread.

Originally Posted By: Dudess
Originally Posted By: ssmguy

Most women might want what DQ describes as the alpha male, but not all. My wife was always turned off by what she describes as alpha male behavior. She's head of a department at work.

Yeah, I'm in the prefer alpha male in bed club. I DON'T prefer it at work though. Totally different situation.

I understand that working for an alpha male is not something you would prefer.

Let's say however, for whatever reason you found yourself (not through choice) working for a tall, strapping, swaggering and competent alpha with a naughty grin on his face and slightly squinted eyes...

Would you, as a woman think of him in a sexual way anyway?

Would that happen whether you wanted it to or not, i.e. would you really have any choice in the matter?

I understand this may sound like a dumb question but as a man, I have no idea what it's like to live inside a woman's body. I would probably learn a thing or two if I could for a while!

best,
GH31

Me: 46
W: 46
T: 23
M: 20
DS12
DD11
DS5

W left: 01/28/08
Discovered OM: 02/26/08
W back for 9 days: 04/08
W returned 05/21/08
EA/PA - 01/08-07/09
W's MLC 2008-2014 (realised this much later)
D
OP Offline
D
"Would you, as a woman think of him in a sexual way anyway?"

Before I met my husband, the answer would have been yes.

"Would that happen whether you wanted it to or not, i.e. would you really have any choice in the matter?"

Again, the answer would have been, yes.

But since my husband IS that man, and he is in my house every day with that glint in his eye and that swagger in his step, I no longer have sexual thoughts about other males like him.

DQ

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard