Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27
S
S
and your just handshaking?

tsk tsk....... she's going to think you don't like her....

You forgot to tell us about the 3rd and 4th date!

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The 3rd date was a dinner on Saturday night.
4th date was hiking with her dog (and herself) on Sunday.

We do email a lot and there seems to be mutual interest and things in common (including first names!). But I should get over my natural shyness and express myself a bit more on the physical level.

We both have some temp health problems this week. I have developed gout in the joint that connects my big toe. I went to the clinic today and gave some blood at the lab. And they gave me some Prednisone and Vicodin so I am feeling pretty good right now. I have a physical (turning 50 soon) next Monday with a new physician who is going to talk to me up about getting my first colonoscopy. I am thinking the "cleansing" stuff I have to drink before the colonoscopy will not be as fun as the Prednisone and Vicodin I am taking now. I also need to watch my diet from now on so as to not get gout again. That gout hurts quite a bit and makes it tough for me to get my outside spring chores done.

S
S
OMG~ it is so painful! Sorry to hear about that one. Stop being so shy. You have a wonderful wit about you.

Have fun with the other thing.... procedure is not suppose to be bad at all.

Last edited by sandycay; 04/27/10 10:51 PM.

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I get the clue from Mary Chapin Carpenter.

L
L
You have GOUT!? Isn't that what bankers used to get from eating diets too rich in fats and alcohol? you don't work for Goldman Sachs, do you?

Maybe you could cure your gout from home

Last edited by lodo; 04/28/10 04:19 AM.

Divorced: 10/26/08
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Funny Lodo - that is what old man Ed mentioned the other day when he asked me how I was doing at the kids school auction.

However, I am not a corrupt banker and I dont drink alcohol. I take vitamins and fish oil every day. I try to work out and be active whenever I can.

I had this gout once before about 4-5 years ago. It is most likely something in my diet, as the list below has many things I like (asparagus, red meat, turkey, sardines, caffeine). I did eat a bunch of easter eggs soaked in vinegar during the last month. I am going to stop taking an aspirin each morning. And I am giving up drinking a Monster energy drink to start the day.

Quote:
All of the foods below can be responsible for excessive uric acid production. Even though some do not contain purines, they can still cause the system to naturally produce uric acid.

They are as follows: alcohol, anchovies, asparagus, cauliflower, mushrooms, consommé, herring, meat gravies, broth, bouillon, mussels, sardines, red meats, organ meats, processed meats (hot dogs, lunch meats, etc.), fried foods, roasted nuts, any food cooked in oil (heated oil destroys vitamin E), rich foods (cakes, sugar products, white flour products), dark greens vegetables, dried fruits, fish, caffeine, beans, lentils, eggs, oatmeal, peas, poultry, yeast products, acetaminophen, and low doses of aspirin.

While under a Gout Attack all of the above foods should be completely avoided as well as the following...

Extremely Acid Forming Foods - with a pH of 5.0 to 5.5
Artificial sweeteners, HFCS, Carbonated soft drinks & fizzy drinks , Cigarettes , Flour (white wheat), Goat, Lamb, Pastries & cakes from white flour, Pork, Sugar, Beer, Brown sugar, Deer, Chocolate, Coffee , Custard with white sugar, Jams, Jellies, Liquor , Pasta, Rabbit, Semolina, Table salt refined & iodized, Tea black, Turkey, Breads White / Wheat, White rice, commercial vinegar.

So today I ate a bunch of bananas and blueberries for breakfast. Trader Joes Jaipur Veges for lunch. Salmon, sweet potato and sweet peppers for dinner.

The gout seems gone tonight - probably the prednisone steroid. But I am going to discuss next monday during my physical with my new doctor some ideas about medicine and change in diet so I dont ever get gout flair up again. Also, I found out this evening that my new doctor is also my XW's doctor. She got her medical degree from China.

G
G
KK,
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I get the clue from Mary Chapin Carpenter.
Excellent clue. And song (of course). Going to see her July 2nd. New album came out yesterday. I didn't get it yet.
No one, however who's in a DB sitch should listen to any song on "The Calling" (unless you're into weeping crazy frown . )
Sorry. We return now to our regularly scheduled thread.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

L
L
Hmm ... I like alcohol, asparagus, mushrooms, meat gravies, broth, mussels, sardines, red meats, roasted nuts, foods cooked in oil (olive), dark green vegies (kale), fish, caffeine, beans, lentils, eggs, oatmeal, peas, poultry, dense bread (yeast), beer (more yeast), and aspirin (when I've had too much beer). That's most of the things on your list. I always thought I was pretty healthy but now you've struck the fear of god in me.

My dentist and my eye doctor are also my XW's dentist and eye doctor. I've always found it be a bit awkward. Especially after they figured out we weren't together anymore.

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Gardener -

The Chapin albums I listened to a lot are "Shooting Straight in the Dark", "Come On Come On" and "Stones in the Road". An interesting album to listen to the lyrics is Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks. He did that album during the collapse of his marriage.

This is a diagram of where my gout is...

http://www.beliefnet.com/healthandhealing/images/si55551206.jpg

For me, it is just a small amount of swelling, but it sure did hurt a lot. Human joints dont like have fiberglass like material built up in them.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: lodo
That's most of the things on your list. I always thought I was pretty healthy but now you've struck the fear of god in me.

Dont worry too much - gout is also related to how well the kidneys process uric acid. That may be heriditary as my brother also had a case of gout a couple years ago.

Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard