Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Not sure if I made a mistake. D7 had her spring program this afternoon. It was starting and my wife hadn't shown up yet so I texted her to see if she was coming. She forgot about it so she came late. She tells me after the program that she was napping when I texted her because she was out at the bar until 1:30 in the morning.

I think I should have let her fall on her face and let her deal with the fallout of D7 being upset with her not being there.

J
J
Your D being upset with her would have meant that your D was upset...and my experience tells me that the MLC does remember the kindnesses you present them with when they come out of it.

I think you did the right thing, for you and the guy you are and your daughter and the dad you are. For your wife? F her. : ) any good that comes out of it for her toward you is just incidental.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

J
J
PS - Drew; Florida State has a football team?

wink

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 05/14/10 10:14 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well Jack my daughter is the only reason I did it. I know she was happy that I was there but I also know how hurt she would have been if my wife hadn't been there. I can't very well tell a 7 year old that mommy is an f'n whack job right now.

M
M
D - you did the right thing...it was for your daughter. Also I can guarantee you that if she had missed it it would have been your fault for not waking her up....she would very likely blame you. Know from experience crazy

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
J
J
Oh...they know D...deep down they know.

E
E
D - I agree with Jack and Mila. I think you did the right thing. It is not your D fault and I'm sure that your D was happy that mommy attended. I have done this several times these past few months in my sitch. I do it for me and the kids.

FTR - it goes to show the class act that youy are.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
D
D
D,

How often does your W have to be reminded of upcoming activities that involve the kids?

The only thing that would scare me is if my spouse would arrive hungover or angry for being woken up to attend an activity.

Hope you all had fun, though.

Jack,

FSU finally plans to field a National Championship caliber football team this season after 7-8 years of Pop Warner type football squads. The anticipation for this season is sky high. We had 53,000 fans attend the spring game a month ago!

Drew

Me- 31 yrs old

Her- 33 yrs old

S- 3 yrs old

Bomb- 4/ 09

Moved out- 6/ 09
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
With an unproven head coach who was a mediocre offensive coordinator at best but I digress.

Another concert, another blowup. The chorus S12, FIL and BIL perform in had a concert last night. Things were fine until the very end...again. After the concert S12, BIL, and SIL were messing around in the lobby and my wife freaked out. I never saw her like that before. It was more rage than anger. All directed at S12.

I talked to her about it today and she said it was no big deal. I said that I was worried by what I saw and she said that she was fine and that she was more pissed at BIL and SIL. She says "Apparently no one thinks I can take care of myself because everyone is worried about me." I told her that means that people care about her and she says she's being treated like a child. I changed the subject.

M
M
Why was she more pissed at them rather than S12?

Positive Lifetime Attitude Award: http://tinyurl.com/2dssttf

H in MLC?: http://tinyurl.com/23fabv8

Infidelity: Expose or Not? http://tinyurl.com/26ksmfj
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard