Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 65 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 64 65
I
I
Antlers, that's soooo nice to hear you got to spend time with D13 and you've been talking with D21 too. It's heart warming to see your dedication and love for your kids. See things will get better- sure there maybe some occasional blips but things will continue to improve. Believe it.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank You. I hope things will continue to improve...I would LOVE that!

My son and I seem to be pretty solid.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
I
I
Hey Ant,

I am glad you are getting to spend time with your kids, just keep doing the right thing, and I believe it will work out, as has been talked about in your sitch before.

I had this image in my head from your last post, of your kids having fun, and Ant watching them with a smile, and it makes me smile, even though I wasn't there, and don't even know what you all look like.

It sounds like it was a blessing for you, and hope that it stays in your heart, and you know now that you are doing the right thing..

smile

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
G
G
ant,
How wonderful to hear about you and your beloved daughters.
Small steps.
Right direction.
They're coming back. They'll be back.
Be open to letting them do so at their own pace and in their own way.
Great news.

Peace

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hey IWITW.

Thanks. My son has been pretty much living with me since last Spring. He and I have been, and are, doing real good. Got to see my 13 y/o daughter for about 6 hours last Sunday...1st time in 5 months! Took her on a pretty good motorcycle ride while she was over. Took her to see my side of the family too. She and I have texted a little since then.

I actually did have a smile while she was over. And I actually smile a lot with my son. He and I get along better now than at any other time in our lives. I think your image was pretty accurate.

I'm gonna continue doing what I have been. I hope it continues to get better. Having my son is a true blessing, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing my daughter. Still haven't seen my oldest daughter, but she and I have been texting some.

How are you doing?

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Gardener.

I hope you're right about them coming back. They have been small steps, and I do believe they've been in the right direction. I'm not gonna push anything either...I plan on doing it just as you say. And I hope it comes to pass that the girls and I can be close again.

Thanks G.

You doin' OK? Sounds like it from reading your thread...traveling to the mountains!

G
G
ant,
I'm good, thanks.
Home tomorrow night after a great week.
Recharged.

Peace,

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Still some texting going on between my daughters and myself. I'm taking it very slowly, and having no expectations. It appears they are moving into a new house with their mother.
My son and I are doing good. Busier now that school has started.
Haven't heard anything about any legal matters since before my son and I went on vacation.
I did a 100 mile bicycle ride in Wichita Falls yesterday. Tough ride, especially the last 40 miles...heat, wind, and rough roads. It was good for me in many ways...the doors to the spirit swing open with physical effort.

G
G
ant,
DB your daughters:
Say less than they do.
End exchanges pleasantly - before they do.
Be a Daughter Whisperer.
Be you!

Good news. Good baby steps. I'm so glad to hear this (can't wait until I'm able to report the same "ice-breaking" with beloved StepD & StepS someday.

Peace,

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

I
I
Antlers, I agree with GMan 100%...

100 miles! NICE! you must be in good shape smile STBXW did 100 miles not long ago...she was pretty stoked about it- I was underwhelmed of course grin

I went for a long bike ride today myself, the weather was awesome, my mp3 player blasting, lots of great scenery- I was in heaven. Until I almost face planted trying to show off whistle

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
Page 58 of 65 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 64 65

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard