Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Flicka! Im glad that you had a good vacation! Yuck, accounting! I couldnt do it. Maybe we should all do practical things... but maybe we can be practical and in love with our lives? I think that we can. Biologists make way more than accountants! Lol. I will be at the marine science conference this spring in Anchorage... might be neat for your grand daughter to see, and its a great place to network, if she wants to get involved with marine science, a great way to do it is volunteer for the sea life center, and that kind of community service looks excellent on college and scholarship apps...

Have you been down to my neck of the woods? Its not very much like the valley at all, much more hippie and artsy, but also quite redneck, beleive it or not, the combo does exist! I think that its a very cool place.

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
F
F
Oh Kristen what good suggestions and thoughts you have. Your life seems very balanced. I love that you appreciate the wonder of where you live.

We all made it to Seward one summer, but not so far as Homer. I NEED to get there. Someday, soon....

I will plant the idea of volunteering at the Marine Center to Hanni. I will drop it with my son rather than mention it to my DIL who would naturally resist any redirection of her big plan. Your conference would be very interesting to them all, in any event. I really do value your work and your interests.

Your description of hippy red-neck-ness makes me laugh. I have been to those flea markets where the artsy types carry guns. This is very disconcerting to a Mid-Western hippy, like me. I think I have a foot in both camps, really. Alaska is confusing sometimes. My granddaughter is a little brainiac in love with a welder... Like Levi J. but adorable and sweet.

B.R. I hope you get an intermission now that the holiday liquor rush is over and your coursework is under control. You have an unbelievable work ethic. You are very like my DIL in that respect. Kick back for awhile. Have fun with your house... take photos for Ranger Rick!! Or Facebook. I found you there. You are so pretty! You do not look like the tough little soldier that I have imagined!!

B
OP Offline
B
Awww, thanks Flicka, send me a friend request, I have some pictures that I think you would like to see!

B
OP Offline
B
I spoke to a guy today who is interested in buying my house... I am not totally sure how I feel about it, but I am definately interested... I was just talking with a friend about how tempting the idea of just running away is... maybe thats whats happening here.

F
F
It is good to have a choice about whether to keep your house, but be careful. That house is very valuable and will appreciate in worth dramatically compared to any little savings account. Maybe you have 'equity' that you could use to afford the costs to runaway. Then it would be waiting for you when you felt like running back.

I am just personally insecure and house fixated. That colors my view. I am really supposing that you would make any decision work out alright.

It is wicked cold here, now. I suppose you are still frolicking in shorts and fur...

B
OP Offline
B
I agree totally Flicka. Its a big part of why I have been so committed to staying and keeping the house. Either way, it has spurred me to make a list of things that need to be fixed, mostly cosmetic stuff, but it will make my life here more comfortable, and help me in the event that I do choose to sell it, or have rent it.

One of the reasons that I dont want to sell it is that I dont want to share the $ with ex.

It has been pretty warm, even almost to the 40s around christmas! Now its below 20 again, lows in the -'s. Im just happy that it finally started snowing again! Everything was soooo icy. There have been some pretty gnarly winds though, I can handle cold, its the wind that makes your skin burn when it hits you that gets me!

W
W
Ya I know the feeling of wanting to just get away.. I would love to do that myself but with the kids Im all they have with WAW the way she is.

I would say if you can though get yourself a nice vacation away!

W28/M29
D8
D6
S3
F
F
Negotiate to own the house. Get that part sorted out...

I am uncertain about your {dis} agreement, but I am thinking he is still so guilt ridden that he will give you title to the house. Please run with that. Then consider how to flame your 'equity' into another year at school. Maybe you will become a guide... buy a boat... etc.

If my dear Hanni comes knocking at your facebook door, please let her in. I loved your photos. I want your life! I think my good girl would be happy too. We talked for a minute on the phone today. She agreed that Mammy and Daddy are trying to drive her into 'engineering'.

She told me that will never happen. Good.

B
OP Offline
B
I think that he is so guilt ridden that he will agree to whatever I ask. He has expressed concern over the idea of having renters in the house. He has told me that I can have the house, but Im worried about it. About making the payments, all of it, not necessarily enough to give it up, but certainly enough to have it be a concern.

And the idea of sort of rinsing him from my life is tempting...

That being said, I got almost my entire to do list done, including replacing my shower head, and filling the house with smoke while I was trying to make dinner, and watching a scary movie. Now I think that its time for bed, tomorrow starts my week of 10 hour days. I am looking forward to the paycheck, but not the work!

And Flicka, if I hear from her I will share whatever I can. I think that young women in science need all the support they can get!

B
OP Offline
B
Ahh, I got some great money news today. So nice to be able to kind of relax about my financial situation!

Last week was terrible, I even got some extra OT at the end of the week when someone showed up too drunk to work his shift... grrr. I wish I had the power to hire/fire!

I think that I am definately going to move to the city now. I dont have a job, but I do have enough in saving to be able to get up there and apply for jobs as an Anchorage resident and not worry about running out of $- I think that this was one of my main problems in the jobs that Ive applied for so far, they just dont beleive that Im actually going to move, so Im not taken seriously- totally their loss!

Classes have begun, and so far everything is going well. Now, if I can just resist the temptation to do some internet shopping! lol. I am definately buying a nice bottle of champagne for saturday night though!

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard