Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
B
OP Offline
B
Our counselor looked them over, she claimed extensive experience. I think that Im getting to a point where I just want out! Im tired of this junk, and its time to MOVE ON! I wondered if I could actually ask him to pay the fees. I emailed a few attys, one of them is a woman up there in A town. Waiting for responses right now.

I need to check on it again, but there is a way that through the military I can get a consultation with a lawyer that they pay for, but I think that they get to pick who it is.

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
D
D
The desire to move on is healthy and is a powerful motivator. Even if you work to save your M in the future, I think it puts you on more solid ground emotionally.

At least I like how I feel.

Hang in there.

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."
K
K
I would hope, since with your H's actions, that he would have to pay most or all of your legal fees. I know it sounds like his income is much better than yours, so I would hope so.

DC-so good to see you! Hope you are going to post another update sometime soon? Hope you and D1 are doing well....Sorry for the hijack, Blue!

Me 53
D18, S24
D
D
Hey Karen. I'm doing well. A few bumps in the road, but still approaching trial in about a month. I was able to take D1 to visit my family but not without some legal maneuvering. I'm checking in each day, but I just haven't updated recently. I'll try to update in a bit.

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Guys, DC, nice to see you! I had my company Christmas party the other night, it was a blast! They sent a limo for us! I went with a girlfriend, we stayed out too late, drank too much wine, ate too much good food, it was a fabulous night! Now, I have a terrible, terrible cold frown

I have one more final exam tomorrow, and I am done for a few weeks! And within the next few days, I expect to hear about my Pell grant, so cross your fingers for me!

Karen, I really do think that I will be able to get him to pay the legal fees, but so far none of the lawyers that I have contacted have gotten back to me, I called and emailed last friday, so I expected to have gotten a reply by now. I was furious when I saw just how much he is making. A bunch of that is what are called "entitlements" And a big part of the entitlements are specifically designated for him to support his dependents, so hes able to pad his saving acct every month when that direct deposit comes through. Im also hoping that I can get him to buy me some health insurance, but I dont really know anything about that yet. Boy, I wish that the lawyers would call me back!

B
OP Offline
B
I wish that I could claim to have gotten all kinds of things done with all of my free time since I am done with school for a few weeks, but I havent! I did apply for a handful of other jobs, one of them is the mail lady on the Army base, that would be a fun one... probably the one that I am most hopeful for out of the applications that Ive turned in. This brings me up to 42 jobs Ive applied for- hopefully its my lucky number! crazy

I guess that its time to drag my faded butt out of bed and clean up the house, with the weekend coming, Ill have to go back to work and I know that being sick, coming home to a dirty nasty house will be especially unpleasant!

K
K
Originally Posted By: bluerain
This brings me up to 42 jobs Ive applied for- hopefully its my lucky number! crazy

Sorry to hear you're sick blue!!! Hope you feel better soon. Rest and lots of juice! And don't forget the chicken soup too... frown

Ok, I think I got to about 130 jobs!!! So shoot, 42, that's nothing. wink Even though I applied to that many, I think all of them I could like a bit and get excited about. Some more than others of course. smile

Me 53
D18, S24
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Karen, theres another one that I would really like, in the physical rehab dept of the Army hospital, but that one has been open since may, and isnt closing until the end of this month, so Im not holding my breath!

Thera flu and Alka Seltzer are my friends right now!

I got an email from one of the lawyers that I talked to, I guess that its good news and bad news, she wants $200 an hour. I wonder if I can pay them with a credit card? I had paid it down to use for a move, but I guess that this is worthy. I expect that Ill have to pay for the initial consult, even if I can make him pay for the rest of it.

$200 an hour seems reasonable- well not reasonable, but not that much of a surprise, at least... I am thinking that this is one of those times when you get what you pay for. But, I really havent had too many lawyer experiences, so I dont know what to expect!

O
O
Hi Bluerain,

I wonder if you can get any special programs or reductions given your student status? Check with your Univ or try the AK Bar Assoc.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
F
F
Greetings, 'Rainy'!

What I was wondering about was whether you might need to sort out your house/dog sitch before you gun for a civilian A/F job. Do that. I think you would thrive in Squarebanks... but would miss your family and your house. Maybe you have focused on Anchorage but I think Fairbanks is better. Their program is beautiful. You would be an excellent fish swimming with other smart and brawny fish. Consider upping your ante.

I think your relationship with your house is what you need to reconsider...

You are a tad comfortable. Keep the haus for an investment... but jump far. You have such good vitality. Keep imagining yourself guest lecturing with a doctorate in front of that lazy sea lion, in Seward. He is precious.

You too. I meant, you are precious too. Keep working hard and try Nyquil. It is the only legal high worth having.

Sincerely,
Friend Flicka

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard