Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34
S
S
MEN!

There are way too many predators and losers (Leisure Suit Larry's) out there giving the rest of us a bad reputation.

I dont know about the guy profiles, but what is up with the women profiles that have pictures of them with their X? And there are some women profiles with bikini or laying on the bed pictures, but yet they go into lengthy detail informing all the guys wanting sex to not bother to wink or email.

Teeth? The first lady I ever french kissed (and more) was missing most of her front teeth. But she more than made up for it with her elegant drunken language. When my booze tranquilizer wore off, I bolted just like one of those wild animals that they set free from a trap.

J
J
BBJ,

I heard many horror stories from women that I met on-line. It was unbelievable...every woman had a few horror stories. You should be ok because you are in no hurry. Therefore, if someone is interested in you, he will continue to IM or e-mail you and eventually speak on the phone (private # always). Take your time...if you feel that something is wrong stop. Move on, regardless of how nice his teeth are.

K
K
Kerry!!! No front teeth!!! OMG!!! What were you on? LOL!!!

Bbj, all I can say, the minute someone shows genuine interest in you, Dan will look SOOOO much "smaller".

I am into cycling lately as well. Maybe we should start wearing tights as lodo does... smile
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yes, I need the tights with the padding in the butt as much cycling as I am doing these days... whistle

Have gotten two emails on match in the last two days. The only things either guy said was "You have my attention." Is that a pick up line now?? Granted, it is not so bad. Better than "Where are we going tonight?" But still...?

Annoyed at Dan again. More so annoyed at me than at him. He totally thinks I am still same old reliable BBJ.

Last night I took the kids over to play with their cousins, as SIL was in town for the weekend. I came back to pick them up and stayed an hour or so, my other SIL had come over too (both live out of town) so I had all my nieces (4) from H's side in one place.

My oldest niece was showing off her senior pictures, using H's laptop and internet connection to do so, which means he was right there. (beautiful, smart girl, I cannot believe she was three weeks old when Dan and I had our first date!!)

I didn't say anything to him, in fact I didn't really address him the whole time I was at the house, when I dropped the kids off or when I picked them up. Then he asked me how my time at the craft fair went (that's where I was while the kids played) so I had to talk to him briefly.

Anyway as we were leaving one SIL was leaving too, her D14 complained she was hungry. So MIL offered to go in town for dinner at a restaurant together. SIL said no and then my D started bawling to go to the restaurant. Well H pipes in from the next room that "we will go there after church tomorrow". So, it was my day on Sunday and he just invited himself for lunch??? smirk

I took the kids out to the car and he followed me to the car (I was kind of ignoring him I guess) to tell me he would see me for church.

Then this morning he texted that he was busy building a fence with his dad in the pasture, was not stopping for church. But he added that I should let him know if we are still going to lunch so he can meet us.

Grr! That just annoyed me b/c it is like, he can just go about his business and pop in for family time whenever he wants. I didn't even respond to the message.

I did call MIL and invite her, SIL and her girls out for lunch after church. Since we were going to the restaurant she suggested and my D wanted to see her cousin I thought it was ok. Well MIL said no she was baking a ham and planned on us coming out for lunch if we wanted to. I left it up to the kids. I told them we could go to the restaurant, but Sydney wanted to see her cousin (same age). So I took them out there after church. Dan popped in from the field to eat and then went out again. I pretty much didn't talk to him at all, just talked to the SIL and to my kids. We stayed about 2 hours and then I took the kids home.

Just annoyed today. I wasn't sure how to handle this weekend b/c it was my weekend to have the kids but it was his nieces (although I consider them 100% mine too) who were in town...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
G
G
Hi Bobbi,

I have an admission to make regarding meeting someone on Match., I met my H there 10 yrs ago when it was in it's infancy. I was on for a total of 6 days & he was my 1st & last date.

I also met NG on Match., after being a member a total of 3 days, 1st & only date.

They're both Gemini's (as is my xH), same all around appearance, height, etc.

I almost didn't go out with NG because I didn't want to repeat my pattern.

Anyway, I think it's a pretty good way to meet people & in some ways it can be safer than meeting someone say in the grocery store.

NG did tell me some pretty good Match. stories, like meeting a woman who posted some elses pictures & another that was a good 10 yrs older than she had in her profile. The lying about your age is pretty common I guess.

"Then I review the photos. Shirtless--no go. Holding a beer in every picture--no go. Bad teeth--no go. Sorry, but you have to be selective and if I am snobby so be it!"

In looking thru the profiles, I couldn't believe all the shirtless/flexing ones posted. Who does that appeal to?

You can be ruthlessly selective, that's the beauty of meeting someone that way.

There are also a huge amount of laughs to be had @ Match., which is a good thing when parts of our world are so serious & unfunny.

Take Care,

Sunny

Date of separation 4/23/07

DB under Warm&Sunny 4/07

married 9 yrs

sons 6yr & 17yr
M
M
So BBJ....you're not posting on your thread but you're on everyone else's? What gives chica? You got some splainin' to do.....! grin

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just sorting things out, Mish...

That night in the hotel last weekend I wrote 15 pages trying to get the crap out of my brain that was buzzing around...

It only worked for a couple days...

So today I was home with a bad sinus infection. I wrote a 3 page letter to Dan but I didn't send it... guess I think if I write it out it will go away.

It was his night tonight, he showed up to swim lessons unexpectedly (they go from 4:30-5:30 when he is usually at work). Said he took the afternoon off to work on his house.

I took the kids back to the house after lessons to get washed up and dressed. He met me there presumably to take them...Sydney said she wanted to go out to eat at HuHot. Only, she doesn't eat the Mongolian, she eats their chicken strips!

So Dan said that Nathan was already comfy on the couch and didn't want to go anywhere (although he didn't ask him...) so he would make Sydney chicken strips at home. He asked me--in front of kids--if it was ok if he bought some chicken if he could make it at my house. I just told him there was already some in the freezer and I went downstairs to check my email.

He yelled down to me a minute later to ask me if I wanted some chicken too (he knows I have been dieting). I said no thanks. And then I got up and I said bye and I left for a few hours until I was sure the kids would be in bed.

I told him last Thursday night what Nathan said about this not being a home b/c his dad isn't here...I told him in a very matter-of-fact email, just requesting that he re-affirm to Nathan that he does have a home, etc. So his way of helping was to keep the kids at my house Friday night and to tell Nathan he was staying "home" to watch movies. (Dan explained this to me after the fact, once again on Friday I left for a couple hours. He offered me dinner that night too but I went out instead.)

So I suppose tonight was him attempting to help Nathan feel at home?

Well he didn't get what I was saying then. True, Nathan said this wasn't his home b/c I told him home was where your family is and he said it wasn't his family without his dad. But, that didn't mean I wanted his dad to be over at my place all the time!! Guess he thinks that will make Nathan feel at home!?!?!

I just don't know how to be around him anymore now that I don't expect a reconciliation. So I kind of try to avoid him.

By the time I got home the kids were in bed. Dan was watching Star Wars on cable. I came in and started doing some things in the kitchen. He said he needed to get going back to his house to do some more work. And he said he was still interested in hearing about the 'snakes'--previous weekend reference when I went to the hotel to sort my head out--whenever I was ready to share. I just said ok thanks for the offer but you better go work on your house it is late.

Sigh.............................

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh and btw I am not having a pity party, promise! I have been on Match a little bit checking out profiles. Trying to imagine what the guy I am going to be kissing next will look like. Who will the lucky guy be??

Only dated 2 people in my life (!!!) so this should be fun!

[Kissing a handful of guys in college after fun times at the local bar doesn't count as dating, right?]

I had a high school boyfriend for 10 months. The day after I dumped him for cheating (was more an EA than PA but I didn't care I was pissed), Dan asked me out. So I have never had 'just a date'.......

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

L
L
Believe it or not, learning to date is a skill. You should develop it. And it's fun too!

A
A
Originally Posted By: Lotus
Believe it or not, learning to date is a skill. You should develop it. And it's fun too!

Learning to date is the easy part, figuring out what your really looking for is the more difficult challenge. Someone once said a picture is worth a thousand words, but they obviously hadn't been on a dating web site.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard