Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30
M
M
Very cool ((Julia))!! Doesn't the attention & connection from a gorgeous guy just give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. wink

Two times, I met nice looking men when I was doing yard work - how's that for presentable - not!

Me39, XH45
Kids 3 dogs, 2 cats
Divorced 6/4/09
Tricky thing is not how you live, but how you live with yourself. (POTC)
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well, stbx's friend, who had invited me to stay went to stbx's house warming party at the weekend. Which is fine, but he was texting me about what he was up to at the weekend and just didn't mention it. Of course he doesn't have to but now he and ow are friends on FB and I just don't want to be involved in anything to do with stbx and ow life anymore. And that situation feels very weird to me and I do not want the drama or the feelings to do with anything like that anymore so I think I will cancel my trip and cancel him. It isn't something I want or need in my life at the moment and doesn't help with the moving forward.

Of course no email from stbx in reply to mine. It's fine, closing a chapter and moving on.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Plus, he was annoying me anyway, far too needy and wet and way, way, way too keen with the texts!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
B
B
I think you're making the right decision on this. Seemed to me too many red flags were going up.

S4H

M
M
Ditto on the red flags. He seems like he's getting FAR too attached to what is a casual friendship. ICK!

The flirty guy from singing sounds like fun! You'll have to really knock his socks off this week in some really hot jeans, boots, and a blouse that shows off some assets (KWIM?) grin

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks s4h and Mishka, yeah there were red flags for me too. He seemed cool with it but asked me if there was anything that prompted my decision. I think I'll just not answer that one. No need to get into reasons imo.

I hope singing guy's socks are knocked off next week but we'll have to wait and see! smile

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Sometimes I feel like I am so used to LRT, that I do not know how to react to new situations now. I.e I am so used to masking my feelings, not giving anything away, not pursuing etc that I feel like I have to unlearn those things to start a new relationship.

Just some thoughts but it has been bugging me a little. I guess it is time to reframe!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
L
L
I think we all go through that. You learn the self preservation so well that when it comes time to let someone in, it is really hard.

I don't think it is so much about unlearning, but taking your time. Even going into a new relationship is going to require time and effort, so take things slow. Anyone who has ever been through this crapola will definitely understand.

You are doing fab!!!

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
'Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree.

Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just take the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy.......

The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality,they're amazing.

They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.'

Can you tell I am bored at work today smile someone sent me this which I thought was quite nice.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Lola. I am thinking I really need to get out of the mindset that there is something wrong with me and setting such high expectations on myself!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard