Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1833568 09/07/09 08:03 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Hello to all. Some of you may remember me from a year ago. I see we still have all heterosexual couples here but I just thought I'd check in.

Before my story - does anyone know what happened to "Transformer?" I was reading her posts daily/weekly like the updates on a soap opera. I sure miss it.

My story (it's in the archives I guess) is my girlfriend & I had a two year relationship. Argued a lot. She finally left me for good in Nov 2007. Told me she thought it wrong religiously in addition to "we just don't get along." I find out 6 months later that she started dating a high school friend and obviously they "hit it off" and quickly because she had sold her house by late Feb and they co-signed on a mortgage for a house in Mar in "high school friend's" hometown 6 hours away from "here."

I was devastated to lose her but even more upset when I found out she was with someone else instead of battling religion and being gay. Haven't heard from her since. Haven't seen any of her friends or relatives. I do know that she's still working "up there" so they're obviously still together.

Just thought I'd update anyone who's interested that I've survived. I feel "back to normal". I'm happy and stay busy with my family and friends. I work all week and go out with friends on the weekend. I have two friends who are like sisters and we walk every night and gossip, talk about the day's happenings, etc. I had a great summer - nephews' ball games, trip to the beach, canoeing, swimming, lots of wining/dining, etc.

I've tried several of the internet dating sites - no luck. I had friends set me up on two dates - no luck. I'm very specific in the kind of person I will date and unfortunately, there are no options in the area where I live or on the internet. So - I'm just sort of "giving up" for now. God will provide one of these days.

I am totally open to a new person but, of course, I will always hope that my ex (M) will return to me. I just pray for my soul mate. I have faith that she will turn up.

Advice, anyone? Good luck to you all.

K

K
K
Hey hi!
T is not posting much, I dont even know if her last thread is still open. She was in "separated". She is busy with her music and friends. She posts to me and on some other persons from time to time...

Advice? I dont know. You sound like you are doing well. I hope you do find someone to connect and feel in love again. One person should NOT be able to make lour life lonely. And I think, that we have more than one soulmates out there in the world. So, dont give up!! Life is full of surprises!!
xxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Kalni #1833648 09/07/09 11:36 PM
K
OP Offline
K
Hey Kalni. Thanks for your response.

I hope you're right about there being more than one soul mate for each person. I'm not giving up! And I am looking forward to a great big beautiful surprise one of these days.

I haven't read your threads lately but according to your brief list above, it appears you're "done." I'm sorry. Especially since your children are so young. Maybe someone will come along soon and "surprise" you. We all deserve happiness and companionship.

K
OP Offline
K
Hey - regarding my "ex", would there ever be a time that I should reach out to her by calling? Last time I talked to her in June 2008 she said "stop calling me." I have a feeling that if she is not happy with "new person" and wants to reach out to me, she will not from pride. She will think that I am extremely angry with her, etc. I would just like to talk to her, find out how she is, how family is, re-establish a connection (possible friends), etc. Would that ever be possible? Thanks.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard