Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1831399 09/03/09 02:35 PM
35ake Offline OP
OP Offline
I am a newcomer to this site. Does anyone have experience going through emotional abuse in marriage? I have done a lot of research on the topic and I think I am going through that in mine. Any comments or more info would be appreciated.

G

35ake #1831699 09/03/09 07:58 PM
E
E
What kind of emotional abuse? Can you tell us more?

I think we all feel like we are being abused to some degree.

Details will help and bring more responses.

So...what's your story?

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
B
B
Oh boy am I going through it. You'll find a lot of support here. Give us details.

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
B
B
PS if you read my thread, you might see some similarities?
"I'm new and wondering if this works..."

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
35ake Offline OP
OP Offline
I think the marriage has gotten very controlling. For the past year I have been taking care of our son quite a bit. I have been a substitute teacher, so I had a lot of time to spend with him. Yet, it seemed like I wasn't allowed to have a life of my own. If I wanted to spend time with my best guy friend, she'd wonder why or check up on me and wondered if I was cheating. She'd always get upset when my parents or sister would come to visit, even though they live in a different state and visit maybe 2-3 times a year. But, she was always allowed to stay out late with her friends or go anywhere she wanted. Eventually, she told me that I couldn't use the money in our bank account anymore and had to "pay for myself." Then, another "ultimatum" in my mind. Choose her or choose my family. I'm sorry but that is controlling and emotional abuse (at least that is what I have found in my research of it). So there is a part of the story.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard