Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Teddy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
First off, it has been two and a half years since my ex. experienced her MLC and walked out. So, with that in mind. Way past the rebound possibilities, etc.

I am very interested in a lady, also divorced, that manages the Starbucks by my home. Some days she seems really interested, other days not so much.

Question is: What's the best way to ask her out? I am clueless about dating, asking somebody out, etc.

Last edited by Teddy; 07/25/09 02:56 AM.

Me: 47
Pet: Kind labrador, 12 years old. Best Friend anybody could have.

Divorce final 12/07/07
No Kids

It is no longer about the divorce or about her. It's all about how I live my life now.
G
G
Hey Teddy..

Time to belly up to the bar and learn more skills.

Have you looked at any flirting books, 'how to date' things? A friend pointed me toward a book on flirting.. and lo and behold both sexes all send signals subconsciously. A man who's interested in a woman scans her from the feet up, a woman scans a man from the head down.

Be aware that the eyes show the level of interest. Direct eye contact while talking, briefly glancing at the lips (imagining a kiss), followed by eye contact. The greater the interest, the lower the gaze/glances will wander. But.. the eyes come first. That's where the connection starts. Oh yes, and both sexes follow the same pattern.

Approach her with 'no expectations, no intentions' and a smile.
Think about her, don't worry about you.

Read, read, read. We're all pretty rusty here on the dating scene.. ..creak... creak..!

*hugs*

K
K
I just got one of those Dating for Dummies books. I'll have to tell you if it's any good or not. I've only read the first chapter, but plan to have it finished by my D. I've been going through S and D now for almost 2 years, so I'm ready, well almost.

I see you have a Lab! I have a Lab mix/he looks like a black Lab (about 80 pounds) but has some schnauzer mix too. He's such a sweetie and follows me around everywhere I go, even if I just run into a room for a second. I take him with me a lot too. He loves to ride and go places. smile Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
L
L
just ask her if she'd like to do something you're interested in, whether that's dinner, coffee, a walk, whatever. Be confident in who you are and what you have to offer, even though that may not be what some people want. If she says no, so be it. She may be interested, maybe she isn't, maybe she's having a great day, maybe a bad - you never know. But if you're interested, than pursue that interest. Otherwise it's just a lost opportunity.

Divorced: 10/26/08
T
Teddy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Ok. Lots of great advice. Thanks people! Guess I will just have to grow some courage.

Divorce final 12/07/07
No Kids

It is no longer about the divorce or about her. It's all about how I live my life now.
L
L
well, teddy ... you had to have needed a cup of coffee by now. what's the news?

Divorced: 10/26/08
T
Teddy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Been on vacation ever since. Go back on Tuesday morning. Will share then. Thanks for asking!

Divorce final 12/07/07
No Kids

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard