Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 56 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 55 56
H
hhh Offline
H
Hi Friends, I know, we're all in this together...I'm going to post to my thread again in a few minutes...it just sucks to get this right before Xmas. Everytime someone says Merry Xmas to me I just want to cry. Faith, we need to keep the faith..blessings to you all!

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello hhh.

Thank you for your positive strokes. They are nice to hear, especially considering the fact that I only hear from her, and right now the kids, how awful I am. I know exactly what you mean...it's peaks and valleys. Yes, we all backtrack at times. Dust yourself off, and get back to doing the right thing. That's what I do. I'm glad you're here, BUT I'm sorry for the reason that you're here.

I wish for hope, healing, and peace for you.
- antlers

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: pitinmygut
I am hoping that, some day, when I am fully healed and LOVE myself, that I will once again find love in my life.

That's the way to get there! There's a book by Steven Stosny called Love Without Hurt, and I know you would benefit from reading part 2 called Reclaiming the Self...it contains 3 chapters. It will open your eyes to a new perspective that you've probably never thought about before.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
P
P
Thanks antlers. I will try to get myself a copy.

Me 44/W 32
S1
M8
Bomb 9/25/09
Separate houses (about 1 hour apart)
I
I
Hey Ant, hope today finds you well!

Keep moving forward on and for yourself, you offer great insights into others sitch's and have worked hard on yourself. Do not loose sight of that, and that you will find happiness no matter where you are, or what your doing.

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks my man! I'm still workin' at it. Hard to imagine, right now, that I'll ever be happy. But that's cognitive distortion at work...irrational and exxagerated thoughts!

Have a good day yourself iwantittowork.

G
G
Originally Posted By: antlers
Thanks my man! I'm still workin' at it. Hard to imagine, right now, that I'll ever be happy. But that's cognitive distortion at work...irrational and exxagerated thoughts!

Have a goood day yourself iwantittowork.

THIS is good. VERY good. Keep your head up man.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
You know how it is GIMA. Sometimes you do good, and other times you do not so good. Why does it hurt me to think about her dating and having relationships with others? Why do we internalize that?

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Sent her a card today that said...

"Hi wife.
Let's cooperate as co-parents for our children's welfare. They need to love and respect both of us and we shouldn't do anything that would interfere with that need or divide the loyalties of our children. We can discuss issues with respect. And when we disagree, let's try to stay focused and agree on the best solutions for our kids.
I know that you have much healing to do in your new life. And I truly wish you hope, healing, and peace.
Merry Christmas wife.

Sincerily,
antlers

Right or wrong, good or bad...I was motivated to send it. It made me feel better too.
I would like to hear from you folks about it though. Thanks.

S
S
I think it was really nice.

Do what makes you feel good. It's key!

And you WILL be happy again. smile

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
Page 51 of 56 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 55 56

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard