Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
K
K
Your dh going to church and spending family time is huge!!! Praise be to God indeed.I am grinning from ear to ear.

Can't keep a good woman down
kara #1869546 11/07/09 02:21 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I posted this on another thread, but thought that others might be interested to know what is going on, too.
Quote:

You nut!!

I have been around, but not here much. I drop in every now and again for perspective, but I don't feel like I have a bunch to offer anyone. DH still drifts in and out of our lives. He is here everyday from after work until bedtime, all day on the weekends. He is usually waiting in the driveway when we get home from church on Sundays. He has still not given back the house key from when I went to NY and I have not asked for it. He does not use it.

The night before Halloween, we all went ghost hunting at a VERY OLD Army base that is reputed to be haunted. We snuck into an offlimits closed barracks and tried to record an EVP. All we recorded was S3 whispering but it was sooo much fun. We went Christmas shopping Hallowween morning and took the kids trick or treating together. He was here all day that day.

He is, as far as I know, still involved with the OW. She must be incredibly desperate to put up with this next to nothing relationship they have. I suspect she will be drifting into town next weekend, since he has duty Thanksgiving Day and told the kids he would be here that weekend. He was included in an invitation to a birthday party that D6 is going to next weekend and says he can't attend.

He also has duty Christmas Eve, but is coming straight here when the duty section secures Christmas morning. I am cooking Christmas dinner for the entire family--both sides. The girls, my family, my church friends, and I are praying for a Christmas miracle.

My mom says she sees a difference in him--less distance--from time to time. He is going to a church event for the kids on Sunday with us.

Most days are very good--I am calm, in control, loving, and attentive without smothering. I do my own thing when he is here and he seeks me out on occasion. I listen to what he has to say and offer opinions if asked. I pack him lunch for the next day with the dinner leftovers and he does thank me. He complimented my cooking the other night and we had a shared laugh about one of his past cooking adventures.

I am married without the fringe benefits--hugs, kissing, affection, SEX.

The ship has a Christmas Party Dec. 4th that he hs not mentioned to me, but I am thinking he does not plan to attend, no matter how politically expedient it would be. He won't take me and can't take her.

I came up with a Christmas present for him and it has been approved by sandycay, ST, KellyJo and Racefan as being perfect. My FIL is helping me with it.

The kids are excited about the holidays and have alreasdy put the Christmas music station on the TV. I was doing really well, until I'll Be Home For Christmas came on. God, I pray it is so!!

Gos is still telling me to stand and sends me consistent affirmations that He is working things out. All things in His time.

So that is how stuff is in my neck of the woods. Give your beautiful wife hug for me.

Living God's blessings with grace and dignity~
SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

B
B
SMW - It is good to see you post and read your update. I have wondered often how you are doing. You sound strong AND patient. Take care of yourself. All the best!

S4H

S
S
glad for you to post that smw

and although I don't know God's timing, I know it will be soon... your hubby's a stubborn one, lol, but you will make it easier. you are making it easier for him to come home. it's not easy what you are doing, in fact it is almost impossible in some people's eyes, but you will prove to many how wonderful a relationship a husband and wife can have because YOU chose to follow God's word and Jesus' example to forgive. You have humbled yourself and God will raise you up.

you are a great inspiration to many. your struggles are not without meaning.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: searching4help
SMW - It is good to see you post and read your update. I have wondered often how you are doing. You sound strong AND patient. Take care of yourself. All the best!

S4H
I am doing well--better than most expect most days, but I do have bad ones. The trick is, DH never sees them. If you ever feel you need me and I am not here, you know where to find me.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: S.T. _I Made It!
glad for you to post that smw

and although I don't know God's timing, I know it will be soon... your hubby's a stubborn one, lol, but you will make it easier. you are making it easier for him to come home. it's not easy what you are doing, in fact it is almost impossible in some people's eyes, but you will prove to many how wonderful a relationship a husband and wife can have because YOU chose to follow God's word and Jesus' example to forgive. You have humbled yourself and God will raise you up.

you are a great inspiration to many. your struggles are not without meaning.

Crissy--

Why is it I cry so often when reading your posts? I think it is cause you see in me the woman I want to be but I don't feel I have found yet.

You know, from our convos, how much I love my husband, how much I bite my tongue, and so much more about my life than even members of my own family. Thank you for being at the other end of the phone. I would not trade you, KellyJo, or sandycay for anything! Rest assured, you will be included in the mass text when Dh DOES come home!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
thank you SMW. I know it's hard to see, but many of us here do!

and I can't wait to get that text!!!

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

S
S
hey, perhaps it's time to give an update for everyone?

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

G
G
Yeah, SMW...update!
Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard