Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
P
Congrats!!! You held up your end now hopefully she holds up hers. Your plan sounds great.

Keep the faith. PMA

S
S
Das ist ja wunderbar! Ich kann ganz einfach vorstellen dass du dieses Neues selbst nicht glauben kannst. Was fuer ein Tag! Herzlichen Glueckwuenschen!

T
T
Ich wuste nicht das Ihr auch Deutsche reden koennen!

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2
M 11y, A & ILYBNILWY 11/08
Walking away from a bad situation.

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
S
S
Congratulations PD, that is really great news, I'm very happy for you.

Me46 W45 T21/M17 S13, 12
ILYBINILWY06/08 WAW 10/08
http://tinyurl.com/cqzew6
http://tinyurl.com/c4pv22
http://tinyurl.com/dyfw3n]
S
S
Selten ist Mann nur ein Person, nicht wahr? Vie zum beispiel, guck' mal PortlandDad. Der ist Portlander; der is Vater; der ist auch (hoffentlich!) DB-Meister!

J
J
No one said I would need a German-English translator.

S
S
Apparently PortlandDad doesn't! Rock on, dude! Give us some updates -- what's the haps?

B
B
Hey, I want an update! I really hope that everythings going great for you PD!

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
J
J
Shout out to PD!

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks folks,

Ja, Ich kann genug Deutsch sprechen und lesen. Ich konnte bestimmt immer besser sein!

Just to update folks (especially you, blue smile )

Not a whole lot is happening right at the moment here. I have been speaking to the W every couple of days and taking her temperature as gingerly as I can. She is having both good and bad days dealing with the impending return. She has said that she has sold or given away a lot of her personal stuff. She also says that she is going to be sending a few boxes either this week or next so that they are here when she returns.

Our S17 was supposed to have already been there, but I was a little late getting him to the airport last Monday (when they say be there 2 hours before the flight, they mean it!) So he missed the plane and the earliest flight that we could reschedule him for was this Monday. That was an awkward conversation having to call the W and tell her that S17 had missed the flight because I didn't get him to the airport on time.

She was angry about that, of course, but she was partially to blame since she had been talking to me on the phone just prior to us walking out the door and our conversation was about an hour long.

Despite the apparent success and impending return, not everything is rosy in PD's life. A few snarls have developed to cloud things up a bit. The first snarl is that she has returned to her indecisive tone when she talks about the future. A few weeks ago it was "us" and "we" when talking about the family. Lately it has returned to "you" and "you and the kids". I don't know how to interpret that, but I'm trying not to think about it.

The next cloud is that our S17 tells me that the W told him that she wanted to talk to him about something important once he was in Germany, and it wasn't something that she wanted to talk to him over the phone about. He told me about the comment and I asked him what he thought it meant. He said that he believes that the W will ask him to stay in Germany with him and that this homecoming is just a front for trying to get him over there. When I checked the flight confirmation #s the W gave me, I did see that my S17s ticket was non-refundable or transferable, but my Ws ticket is. Again, doesn't mean anything right now, but it was an anomaly.

The whole citizenship issue also came to a head. She claims that she never was asked to renounce her american citizenship when she applied for her german citizenship back. She even says that she now has both passports and used her american one to visit back in Feb, so she says that it is good. I'm no immigration or citizenship lawyer, so all I can say is I hope she knows what she is doing, because this has the potential to be a big issue if she screws something up.

I guess for now I'm just going to enjoy the gorgeous weather here, go and root for my D at her cheerleader tryouts, and make sure my S is at the airport early enough on Monday that he doesn't miss his flight. If my W is trying something sneaky or underhanded, he will find out and let me know about it.

Well, that's about all from sunny Portland. Hope everyone else is having a schoenes Wochende!

Me40
WAW37
M18 T20
S18,14 D13
EA Bomb 6/08
Sep 11/20/08
Ret 08/09
Sep/Filed 11/09

first
latest
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis