Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
spark Offline OP
OP Offline
S
hey guys: it's maryangela. I haven't been on for quite some time. I'm back in the city, getting re-married and having a baby! ex agreed to early divorce and as you might remember, we had a horrible custody battle last year and I won.

Well, here we are again. the teacher at her school (kindergarten) placed a call with social services because my daughter said she didn't have breakfast, but for some reason failed to mention that she had a huge bagel that morning (or daily ritual when i take her to school we go to the bagel shop). Then there was an issue where my daughter wanted to where thick athletic type pants -- it was cold that morning and became warm in the afternoon.

so, this teacher, instead of calling me regarding these issues, calls social services. the social worker came, spoke to her school and daycare, interviewed her, saw our home and THAT WAS IT -- she closed the case and DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO CONTACT EX AS EVERYTHING WAS FINE AND SHE DIDN'T SEE AN ISSUE AT ALL!!

Well, as we were moving back to the city, my ocd ex called her school for her records for some f'ing reason and it was listed on there (along with her academics and everything, like ALL the students) that social services interviewed them (by the way, it was the teacher who called).

So THAT's how he found out the situation. This was Monday.

So now he's decided he's going for custody again. my attorney assured me that he won't win (I have also talked to about 5 other attorneys just to get other opinions and they all said the same thing). In other words, the charges are UNFOUNDED, therefore, no issue.

Well, he's scaring the [censored] out of me and I can't go through this again. I can understand his "concern", but believe me, I don't want to bore you with all the issues that have come up (her feeling sad that we aren't together, not wanting to go to his house, too many to list"), where I BEGGED him to talk to me about this and possibly go to co-parenting sessions where he ALWAYS refuses, in fact, usually hangs up on me and says I'm being "too emotional".

I'm really scared here even though my lawyer said to overturn a custody agreement that is already in place is VERY hard and VERY costly.

I need help here.

S
S
Hi MaryAngela,

That ex of yours likes to scare you. Stick with your same lawyer. It will be alright. No case is no case. Just keep moving forward in your life, not backwards. when he calls to scare you, tell him to talk to your attorney.

Congratulations on your new marriage and baby. I'm sure that any judge will see that you and your new husband are a good home for your daughter.

S
spark Offline OP
OP Offline
S
thank you for your reply, sara. I'm just so scared because he put me through H*LL last year, from the affair, leaving, playing games, custody battle, stealing my car, on and on. He's a pathological liar and i have had not one but ThREE psychologists tell me just by his actions alone that he displayes signs of sociopathy. he has never shown one ounce of guilt or anything regarding what he did to me -- to this day.

Now, I've come to accept that and really don't care what he does with his life now, I have personally moved on, but, it's VERY difficult having joint custody (I have primary residence) with someone like this. There is always some issue, he never wants to deal with our daughter's feelings, he's a disney dad with her all the way.

I have had to become a child therapist, tutor and basically everything because he just want to "have fun" with her and that's it.

I have tried to do everthing right because he has major control issues and I didn't want something like this to happen. Well, here it is.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard