Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 44 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 43 44
M
OP Offline
M
I have tomorrow off, so maybe I'll drive by and see if I can take care of that. That would be so sweet if I could!

On another note, I've got a friend talked into doing a 5k with me on January 3rd! She can't run, but she'll jog/walk it and we'll meet up afterwards. She's been pretty good about walking, but this'll give her a goal to boost her distance and possibly her speed a little!

And it'll keep me out running through the crappy weather lol. Although I'm also doing a 5k Thanksgiving morning. smile

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
Great job on the 5k!!!! In the cruddy January weather it should be extra nasty!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
Have you contacted your DMV to see what you can do about a title transfer?

M
OP Offline
M
We, as in both of us, have to sell the car to him. Which requires the pink slip, which he has, and both our signatures, and money (since you pay taxes on it).

That is unfortunately something I absolutely cannot do by myself.

So, since he doesn't appear to be motivated to take care of it, I have to figure out a creative way to at least limit my liability.

Of course, the interesting and possibly entertaining part will be when he tries to sell the car. He'll need my signature. grin

J
JCJ Offline
J
Probably an obvious question but have you pointed that out to him?

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
K
K
What our DMV told me as far as getting ex off of my old car's title was that because it is titled and/or, all I have to do is take the title to the DMV, sign it over to myself and pay like $20 for the change on the title.

They will then issue to the title just in my name. I am wondering if I shouldn't put it just in son's name since he will be the primary driver.

I don't know why they would charge sales tax again...oh wait, California is broke. wink

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
OP Offline
M
California doesn't do and/or as far as I know. When I sold his old car when he was deployed I had to have a power of attorney to do so.

And you pay taxes on any sale, always have. California doesn't do changes on the titles. It's a new sale. So you have to pay taxes. The way to get around that is to sell the car to him for $1.

Plus I don't have the title (aka pink slip), he does.

Julia - I tried making it easier in the future as a tactic to get him to cooperate. He just said we don't have to deal with that til it comes. He obviously thinks I will just drop everything to sign the stupid title when he needs it done. Now if only that worked the other way around!

M
M
Well, when we bought my xh car, at the DMV we had them check "or" instead of "and". Meaning we didn't need the others signature to sell it. I could have been areal b*tch & sold his car without him knowing it - really. LOL smile In the end I would have paid one way or the other, anyway.

Me39, XH45
Kids 3 dogs, 2 cats
Divorced 6/4/09
Tricky thing is not how you live, but how you live with yourself. (POTC)
M
OP Offline
M
I dunno. I know I CAN get the info from the DMV, I just have to go in person, stand in line, and pay money. None of which I want to do. Especially since I have to take time off work to do so.

Inspection on the house went well. Had a great inspector, very thorough, and funny too. smile There are a few things that went on the repair request. The big one that we already knew about is that the stove and dishwasher still need to be installed (since it's a gov backed loan it's not "habitable" without a stove). The big two we didn't know about are that the furnace wouldn't start and the tile was laid in the bathroom with no backer-board (that's the waterproof layer between the tile and the original wood floors - super important to prevent water leakage and water damage).

Got the termite inspection report today. They have a little work to do, but nothing major.

So far, everything is moving forward.

No word from XH of course. I don't recall if I mentioned I sent him a text asking for a copy of the new title (this serves two purposes, it proves my name isn't on it like he claims, and it gives me the VIN so I can do the release of liability). He didn't deign to respond to that one, not that I'm surprised. I probably called his bluff on the title thing, and he won't send it to me cuz my name IS still on it. At least til he fixes that. In like 2 months.

L
L
Amazes me how they wanted this so much, and yet drag their feet????

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

Page 37 of 44 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 43 44

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard