Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
V
V
(((((Ali)))))

That's great news! OK, here's the word of warning......

Assuming he is a decent guy (and since you have waited so long for him that seems a safe assumption!) he might not be really fast about breaking it off. He is probably going to try not to hurt her. I have a feeling the next few weeks may really test your patience!

B
B
Interesting thought Jeff, that I'm going to take for my own sitch.

K
K
Jeff,
he has been talking about it for a while and I think that's the reason it is taking him so long. You are right.

I really want to know what J has to say. Did she respond to your TM?
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Jeff..thats an astute point, I didnt even think of that! Yes, I know it may not seem like it, but he is a decent guy and he wont want to hurt her unnecessarily and will probably try and let her down gently. I can wait!

Hi K - No! She still didnt, grr! But my feeling is, if he has talked to G he has also talked to oldest BMF, probably Friday, after our night out Thursday, that was my intuition. He would have told him what a great night out we had (we did!) and BMF would have told his wife, J, so I reckon thats why she phoned me and sounded pleased. They and Cher and G are all so excited that we may be getting back together..

I'm still dreaming of that wedding by the sea, with all our friends, 2010? So... back to waiting hey!!

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
G
G
When/if this happens...

What is your plan? Apart from jumping his bones????!!!

It can't just happen without some kind of meltdown....you need closure...

Best -Sx

Last edited by GFI2; 04/26/09 10:28 PM.
A
OP Offline
A
Hey Simn! Ohh...I wasnt going to do that first! I was going to wait, make him wait, make it special. Also, I am forgiving and easy going, but I am a BIT sensitive he has been sh*gging someone else for 7/8 months!!! So the plan is to just spend time together, hugs, hope he talks to me and take it from there?

Ok.. so... I want to say, I feel bad for her, I do.. I know what she's got coming (she might not?), but then it also is for the best, this will free her up to be with someone who will love her, as he doesnt.

Anyway, K, you are right... he has been talking about this since January, so alot of his slowness has already been going on behind the scenes. Now he has talked to friends, told them, taken me out with 5 MF's down here and 5 MFs back home (including his brother both times) and I have seen MIL and SIL also and got the thumbs up there.. well, he has prepared the ground for reconciliation and perhaps NOW he will act.

Lastly, I want to post these, which I did for myself a while ago, before we head into this big Pluto week.

Wow, 43 threads. It won't be much longer...

Walked out after 9 years
Is this is?? 1
Is this it?? 2
MLC or just IDLYA?
Shows no regret, MLC
Now we're friends??
Friends is a start?
Four months on
Depression confirmed!
Will he reconnect?
Probably over?
Freaky friendship now
Backing off again?
Now I have NFC!
6 months on
Stuck in Stage 2!
A flicker of life?
Are we dating now?
Still stuck Stage 2
Wants to be on his own
Still depressed.. me too
Depressed and angry now
No expectations
Yep, still depressed
Looks the end is nigh
He gone back to NC?
Not sure what's happened
A year since we separated
Wondering when NC ends / EA/PA?
He's been kidnapped!!
This is the week that was / Pluto and the MLC
A year ago nearly
Out of NC again!
Writing a novel!
A year ago today
Change is on its way
Now what?
He's 'confused' now
Eclipses coming up!
Says he just had an MLC!
Wants to finish with ow
A Tale of Two Ex's
Over with ow yet or not?

A
OP Offline
A
Missed one! number 41 I finally detached

...wow, its sad, when I reread the first ever post, before I moved to the MLC board.. I talk about a girl he was working with, that he had phoned her on his mobile, but swore at the bombs he wasnt interested in her. Wow, I havent read that post since I wrote it...you can hear how he has convinced me and I genuinely believed she was nothing. Right up until the day Cher told me a year later, in September 08 that he was seeing someone.. and I said, let me guess, Helen?

K
K
I haven't read all of your posts but I think you should really look at where you are now and how far you have come. That is the most important thing. You seem to be feeling pretty good and things seem to be turning in your relationship with ex. Keep on trucking lady and have fun in the process.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
HI Ali, I went and had a very quick look at first post.
I see he withdrew in June 07, but didn't leave til the Christmas,or had he left and came back when he broke his wrist?
Just looking at this from the pov of how long it took him to actually leave you from when he first said he was unhappy, so it might give a similiar timescale for him leaving Helen.
Any comparrisons do you think?

A
OP Offline
A
Yes Naej.. he was unhappy in the June, but I was just worried about him, I knew he was heading into a depression, but he didnt resolve to leave me until we were S for a week in early September (then he broke his wrist and came home).. so it was about 8 weeks before he actually ended it and left.

His last gf...he told me he was unhappy in the October 98, said he was going to end it around the following Easter, but didnt actually leave her until end May.. so 8 weeks?

Helen, he told people in December he wasnt happy with her, told G at the beginning of March he was going to end it when the contract was up, which was about 8 weeks ago now.

If he is ever unhappy in the future, I know I will have 8 weeks to turn it around!! Haha (ok, not funny).

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard