Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
J
Hey Fit,

Just checking in with you...

T
T
it was cool that you posted jag so as to recirculate FC's thread which then brought to my mind that I need to be praying for her and the others while she is over in Afghanistan fightingand supporting the fight for mine and your freedom.

T

debut thread
T
T
it would appear she headed over to the region rife with unrest and war just a little bit ago.

May the Lord keep her heart, mind, and body growing, healthy and alive above all else.

T

debut thread
F
FitChik Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hey Jag and T,

I'm still here! My time was extending was another 2 weeks.

Ironically my H returns home from Iraq this week. We lived in diff't states - so he has no plans to see me. However I might push the issue as I will deploy for 12 months also. I haven't seen my H since November and we have NEVER talked about the D in person. It's been very difficult. I know seeing him will help me make everything real and have closure.

Otherwise I'm just trying to be strong and hold firm with my faith. Our engagement date was this past weekend - so it was very emotional for me. As of now, we have a courtdate in the middle of August. I am finishing up my end of the paperwork. It seems surreal that a M of less than a year could be over so soon. It realy breaks my heart. I feel like I'm healing in some ways but my wounds are still wide open.

My church has a neat program. They made dog tags for all of the soldiers deployed/deploying and gave them to prayer partners to pray for them while they're away. I got my H's dog tags and will probably give them to a godly man who can pray for him while he's away. I think it's such a great concept.

I would appreciate prayers for our M and for both of our deployments. I am excited but nervous to deploy. It's going to be a crazy year - let alone dealing with a D on top of everything. I am so thankful for my faith as I do not know how I would still be here and standing strong.

Me:28, first M
H: 33, second M
Married: 08/08
Bomb: 10/08
H filed D and deployed: 12/08
Served: 04/09
I deploy: 07/09
Hearing date: 08/09

T
T
good the MC (of the non DB sort ..haha) has made her appearance.

so nice to "see" ya.

crazy year or not. I am sure you will be ready for it. I will be praying for you as you continue to serve our country with courage and professionalism.

The Lord is our rock, refuge and constant source of all essential things good. In that I have confidence.

Ted

Last edited by Tomato; 07/07/09 12:35 PM.

debut thread
F
FitChik Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I have about one week left before deploying. I am fairly calm and peaceful but my emotions get the best of me when it comes to our M and my H.

My H is back in the states this week after being over in Iraq for 7 months. He will be here for 2 weeks. I have no idea where he is or who he is with. I have not seen him since November. He does not want to see me and "just wants me out of his life". I am trying to be strong but it is still hurtful and devastating to hear after all of these months away.

His emotions this past month from extreme anger & bitterness to friendly to crying his eyes out..... I honestly feel for him as he seems to have an inner struggle always going on and it creates many troubles and anxieties for him.

If the choice were up to me, I would see H while he is home. But he is not cooperative. He agreed to meet with me "for one hour" at the airport or at a restaurant close by and I would be the one flying from the west coast to the east coast to accomodate it (and paying for it). H is not willing to fly here to see me (even when I deploy next week). I am not sure any person it worth that much effort..... Shelling out over $500 and flying over 12 hrs to spend 1 hr with my H!!! Is he crazy?

I still long to have the chance to sit down with him and talk about our M in person, as we never have! He filed for D without ever talking about it with me in person. It has been hard for me to accept the reality of a D without having my H tell me in person. I think in the end it will give me closure that he didn't have enough courage and respect to do it... but it's frustrating now.

The really hard part for me now if we have a court date in August - which will be one of the hardest months of combat for us. I hope I will be able to solely focus on my job but I just don't know how I will react. I have never been in a combat situation and am still having a very, very hard time with our D. It scares me.

I am tempted to request an extension on our hearing date or postpone the D until I return.... but don't know what to do. I am having a very hard time deciding. I could let it go through in August but I am very uncertain about being able to cope with everything.

I am honestly very angry at my H for putting both of us in this position during deployment. It is incredibly selfish and dangerous to both of us. He is in a fairly stable area that sees few casualties. I am heading to an area that is extremely underdeveloped and very, very hostile right now. I am angry he would do this to me in such a challenging time.

T
T
deployment is on the horizon. just want to say what an honor it is for me to have you and your fellow soldiers serving our nation as you do. thanks for defending our freedoms against hostile vengeful America-haters.

I need to pray a bunch for you just so that things will settle down some and you'll get to have some peace within. I don't know the logistics of how it would be best for things to go with you and that conflicted H of your's.

Just keep trying ...try to continually excercise a pressure relief valve by continually stepping back from what seems like the many variables and permutations and decisions and what not. I don't think that our masterful and sovereign Lord wishes for you to be burdened by as much as you are thinking that you are burdened by. He is more than capable. He is more than a little loving. Use Him as the mighty resource that He wishes to be for you.

There will be stepped up prayers for you sister M.

Trust and obey and you will find your way.

Peace be in your heart.

Ted

debut thread
F
FitChik Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks to everyone on this board! This board has been a precious gift this past year in helping me understand and cope with the difficulties of M. Thanks for your continued support and advice along the way. A special thanks to John, Ted, Song, SMW, and Jag.

As of now, we have our hearing date in August. I am using a military act to delay the proceeding through the end of September to allow myself to deploy and adjust to life in Afghanistan - as it will be no treat :-). After that, I will remove the military act and allow the D proceedings to go forward.

I trust God will take care of things His way and in His timing. I have all the faith and hope that if our M is meant to be, God will heal and restore it in His timing. The hardest part is completely surrendering it to Him and trusting him for His outcome - but I know it is simply a big test of faith for me and I am up to the challenge. In the mean time, I will continue to pray for my H's salvation and his future and take care of myself.

Thanks again for everyone's support. I would appreciate your prayers for our deployment to Afghanistan as it will be a very difficult, challenging year. Please continue to pray for my H and our R as well.

Everyone here is in my prayers! I wish you a great year. For now, Adios my Amigos!!

Marie

T
T
that was a very graceful post there Marie ..it represents you well. My supportive prayers go on as you head overseas. Be safe and keep growing in the Lord. He has made you special and I thank Him for the privilege of getting to know you on here. May the Holy Ghost continue to serve as a shield during this time.

God bless you.

Ted

debut thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard