Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
P
OP Offline
P
Sent email response this morning asking what day and made a reference to our old favorite breakfast place. xBF replied almost immediately making a joke and said needs to be Sunday because he will probably have to work tomorrow and hasn't made changes to settlement doc yet. I wrote back that Sunday is Easter so there may be a long wait at the restaurant.

I think the light bantering was good. I definitely prefer it to the cold, businesslike communication we have been having. Even if the conversation is to end the R once and for all, at least there's less tension in the air.

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
T
T
Yeah {{{Pearl}}} yes light banter is ALWAYS better than the alternative!!! \:\)

Tawnya

Me:39
H:40
D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

P
OP Offline
P
Ok, so maybe he is going to tell me that he's willing to work at this.

He texted around 8:15 asking if I have plans tonight. I probably shouldn't have responded right away but was curious what was going on. So I asked why he was asking. He invited me to a comedy club show at 10:15. I replied that I'm going to a midnight movie. He asked if I wanted company.

Now here is where I was a little conflicted. I could say yes and be spontaneous. It's a funny movie, no chance for R talk. OTOH it sends the message that I'm available without prior planning. More importantly, we haven't had the talk about what's going on with us and I did say that I wanted to have the financial settlement finished first.

Ended up responding, "Already have company but thanks for the offer"

So Sunday is shaping up to be interesting.

K
K
Hi Pearl,

Hope all goes well. Disney was a blast. Sitting in a hotel in South Carolina on the way home. Looks like you had an interesting week?????

my second thread
S
S
Pearl,

Our minds as LBS always wander to the most negative thoughts. I know mine do and it sounds like yours did too. The fact that he wanted to spend time with you knowing there wasn't going to be and R talk (movie time) to me means that he's certainly not completely "over" you. He wanted to have some fun and your company. I'm certainly not defending his bahavior over the past weeks/months, but to me this seemed like an honest, spontaneous offer from him, also the comedy club thing.

I guess what I wanted to say is: don't jump to the most negative conclusion you can think of, don't get your hopes up completely either. Just go into this meeting with a neutral mind, it could go one way or another.

Me:37/W:38
T11/M8
S12 S4 S4
Bomb 10/07
Sep 7/08-

1st Thread
2nd Thread
Current Thread
K
K
Originally Posted By: pearlharbr
Since you're a man I'm going to assume that you're not a big phone chatter. \:\)

Now that isn't stereotyping LOL!!!!!!!

my second thread
P
OP Offline
P
I prefer to call it a generalization based on personal experience! \:D

Hey, I'd love it if my guy friends wanted to talk on the phone as much as my girlfriends. I do have one guy friend who has been great about talking to me during all this. We've always had great, interesting conversations so it's been very nice to reconnect with him and chat into the wee hours.

The rest of my male friends are still great to talk to, they just prefer to do so in person. And that's not possible for me since they live all over the country. So when I need someone to talk to immediately I have to pick up the phone.

Last edited by pearlharbr; 04/13/09 02:34 AM.

T
T
I have one guy friend I can think of that I've talked to for long lengths of time on the phone, but, otherwise, I think you are right, they are more "in person" chatters by nature eh..probably something to do with "men like the highlights and women like the whole in depth story" thing eh? \:\)

Tawnya

Me:39
H:40
D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

K
K
Okay.... I'll be totally honest....I'm in a confused state LOL!

If I really look back at life I would say that I am one of those guys that would get on the phone state my business and then get off the phone.......

Then last two weeks I have started talking to a friend from college. I talked to her and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much that when I looked at the clock 2 hours had passed. Then she emailed me two days later and I called her and talked for another hour. I actually had to increase my minutes because of two phone calls \:\)

Starved for female interaction, immensely interested and intrigued by this woman and her life, starved for any adult interaction OR is my feminine X chromosome taking over? Please don't tell me I am turning into a woman! Nothing against my female friends I just don't have the body for it. LOL!!!!

my second thread
J
J
I actually can talk on the phone for 4 hours, and not blink an eye.

I'm just secure enough in my masculinity to reach out to my feminine side.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard