Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
talking about helping, I was moved to tears this morn. There is this radio station where J Dobson has interviews, he put on an interview with this friend of his, Rev. Hutcherson, an ex football prayer who now preaches and has a church.
His greatest fear was cancer, he'd pray not to get it... and sure enough this year he was diagnosed with it. Long story short, he is in pain, his negative cell counts are horribly high and he actually should be dead right now, but isn't, that it had molded him and has been a turning point.

He said how he felt honored to suffer for the Lord, how his pain and the Lord working in him have turned him into the greatest testimony for anyone who meets him, specially at the hospital, they cannot believe how well he is. He said how there is no such thing as a bad circumstance, that each thing that happen to us shapes us to be like Jesus. There are things that happen to us that we dont' want nor choose, but that all things will work for the good. And if it leads to to Jesus, how can it be bad? That he wasn't afraid of dying, that it'd be an honor to die for Jesus.
please check it out:
http://listen.family.org/daily/A000001976.cfm

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Wow, just listened to the message, POWERFUL.

My pastors wife survived cancer so they get calls from others who find out they have cancer.

Two years ago another pastor needed a kidney donor and his wife was being tested for a match and they found an aggressive form of cancer in her. The second pastor called my pastor and at the end of the conversation he was told, "I would not wish this on anyone but I would not trade it for anything in the world."

This passion week, the pastor and his wife came to visit and share from the pulpit basically the same message my pastor shared with him two years ago. Additionally, the visiting pastor said the cancer changed EVERYTHING. He learned God wants our TOTAL dependence on Him. He added he could not believe all the years he wasted trying to do things on his own.

In the above message, I was especially moved to hear the pastor describe the GREAT privilege it is to be used by the Lord.

His explanation of his situation and saying that his life is a demonstration that All things work together for good… for God's glor... Hmmmm where have I heard that before? LOL!

Cat, for me it has been an AMAZING journey over the last 34 months since X left. I have witnessed God's 100% faithfulness during that time frame. 100%

From the outside, my life looks shattered (financially, relationally) compared to my X's life but things are not what they appear to be. I have joy unspeakable, a peace that surpasses all understanding AND a guarantee that all my needs will be met. I have oodles of really good brothers and sisters in Christ and a core group of others who are even closer friends.

I have stored up a lot of treasures in heaven BUT nothing compared to what the Lord has planned for me because of my willingness to say, yes Lord, here I am.

I am beyond blessed.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Committed2Him
but things are not what they appear to be.

if anyone who wouldn' know you would read your posts they'd think you are all set $$ and that all is perfect in your life, you have no space for selfpity nor whining, you are just overjoyed and it shows \:\) that's how He wants us to live, in his grace, in his joy , we'll still have our cross to carry, but, for Him, with Him, all is gain, there is no loosing \:\)

Muah!! more blessings your way friend

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
Quote:
that's how He wants us to live, in his grace, in his joy , we'll still have our cross to carry, but, for Him, with Him, all is gain, there is no losing

you said it!

Quote:
Muah!! more blessings your way friend

Gracias y Dios te bendiga muchisima!

Our missions pastor, who quit a secure teaching job in the public schools system to join the pastoral staff, has a very deep response when people ask him, "how are you doing?"

His response, "better than I deserve" applies to me as well and it is something i think about when i ponder my cirumstances.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
I
I
Hi Cat! I have no doubt that your D6 will be ok with a mama like you, and the support of your community. I read a lot here more than I post and cry a lot of tears for everyone that's hurting, especially the kids. But loss is part of living, and I have faith that the "DB kids" will be alright given that their parents are dealing with the loss in the best ways they can and working on being happy themselves.

My personal version of God is everything--the universe around us, in all of us. And love that we all show each other is part of that big love, it feeds off love and grows. And pain and loss is part of that love: it's the ending that begins a new beginning. D6's tears water the ground for her new life. Just thought of this, off the top of my head so sorry if it's stupid--maybe buying her a little plant she could water to symbolize that?

It is in the shelter of each other that people live.--Irish proverb

Current
yo cat, you got mail, I think.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I do? in the alternate universe? let me check C2H

thanks iam)))))) I know this is temporary and she is ok when she is there, it could be worse.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
K
K
It breaks my heart when I read about your sweet D6. She's so lucky to have a mom like you and her dad is such a fool.

(((HUGS)))

cat the email function may not be working. you have a post awaiting you zumba, lol!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
thanks K))) she is getting a bit better, my smart little girl, the sad part is that he is so out of touch with his kids he doesn't notice her much, I'd always had to tell him "xxx, the kids are talking to you" then he'd pay attention.

I won't go over the gory details, but I would like to nominate x for the biggest liar award. He lied about taking my son way too early out of school so he could go to the movies with him, and I mean he didnt' even get to have lunch at school. Long story short he told my son to keep it from me but I found out, as I talked to x he fired up lies one after the other not realizing he was contradicting himself. ARGHHH!! if he wants to be a lying scumbag good, but LEAVE my son out of it!! my son is a very noble sweet little guy who always tells me the truth. I hate it that x is making it so he keeps stuff from me.
I had a talk with son, told him that half truths and keeping the whole story is like lying, that he is a testimony to his dad and to think very well next time dad tells him to keep things from me.
That man is such a fool, thinking is no biggie to teach s11 to be deceiving.
To top things off I had to practically had an argument so he could take my d6 to the dr, he kept saying how broke he was, how he was paying me cs, etc etc. He did take her complaining, turns out she had strep, which he gave it to her since he had that last week... that was yesterday, the same day he went to the movies with son... he argued badly about how he didnt' have any money but sure had enough for the movies.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard