Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Breathe!...breathe again
With every breath you are alive

what the survivors of the Andes told each other when they were about to give up

And life goes on, I signed the D paperwork, he took it to his L on Friday and I guess it will be official sometime in April, I could care less, his cheating/lying/deceiving was the worst, signing those pieces of paper was nothing. What hurts is seeing my d6 sob hard each time she has to go, we went to the C last week and I thought it'd go better but nope, she sobbed harder as I drove off...If I don't see improvement in the next month I will do all I can to have have with me longer, at least until she is 7, if I have to get a guardian at litem, so be it.

I took down my profile at the dating site, I dont' want to waste people times as I dont' want a serious R. Otherwise kids and I are doing great, we go out, do things, have a ball, my house looks better, love my zumba workouts. God has given me peace and lightens my heart when it gets burdened.

Weird thing, as I cleaned up a shed stbx used to use, I found camping stuff, sometime after our breakup in Jan. 08, he was *living* there for a while! he is more of a looser and liar than I thought. Found some other then-ow paintings he made of her... I thought peptobismol all over them would give them a rosy tone, ha ha. The nerve, still storing crap there about her (he will take the rest of his stuff these coming months).

I was very moved to post part of this book about the survivors of the 70's plane crash in the Andes I just read. While all who were rescued picked up their lives where they left off, this survivor had lost his mom and sister--his life would never be the same again...but after all he went through he figured this out:

"...my father told me 'you will have a future, you will live a life'...

I was thinking of the disaster as a horrible mistake, as an unscripted deviation from the happy story of the life I had been promised.
But now I began to understand that my ordeal ..was not an interruption of my real destiny, or a pervertion of what my life was supposed to be.

It simply was my life.

And the future that lay ahead was the only future available to me. To hide from this fact or to live in bitterness and anger would only keep me from living any genuine life at all.

...It was not the life I wanted or expected but I understood that it was my duty now to live that life as richly and as hopefully as I could. I would live with passion and curiosity, I would open myself to the posibilities of life, I would savor every moment."

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
I
I
Breathe!...breathe again
With every breath you are alive

That's really cool, all life is breath, moment-to-moment, and anyone can get through moment-to-moment, anything can be gotten through moment-to-moment. God, I remember the worst of the times I had during this ordeal--I remember going through all the good things in my life, the people who love me, like a mantra, just so I could fall asleep/make it through the night.

Cat, I wouldn't have just Pepto Bismoled those paintings, I would have incinerated them. Really, I think you showed some restraint. ;\)

It is in the shelter of each other that people live.--Irish proverb

Current
N
N
((((Cat))))

Love the quotes. Very inspiring.

You'll make it.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
G
G
Hey Ms. Cat...

"...my father told me 'you will have a future, you will live a life'...

I was thinking of the disaster as a horrible mistake, as an unscripted deviation from the happy story of the life I had been promised.
But now I began to understand that my ordeal ..was not an interruption of my real destiny, or a pervertion of what my life was supposed to be.

It simply was my life.

And the future that lay ahead was the only future available to me. To hide from this fact or to live in bitterness and anger would only keep me from living any genuine life at all.

...It was not the life I wanted or expected but I understood that it was my duty now to live that life as richly and as hopefully as I could. I would live with passion and curiosity, I would open myself to the posibilities of life, I would savor every moment."

I loooooooooooooooooove that quote!!!!

It's wonderful to hear how you're staying active and involved with the children and in your own life. Having God by your side is always a good one!

Isn't odd when the divorce becomes paper rather than emotion and angst? That it all becomes surreal?

Ex had years to contemplate his departure and moved on well before he moved out. It's not about what the wayward spouse or ex does, it's about how you, I, anyone chooses to spend your, mine, their lives.

Welcome to the life you're meant to have... in all the good and radiant ways!

*hugs*

C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hey friends))))))) glad to see you \:\)

By God's grace I have achieved a new level of peace, the bad thoughts are easier to overcome, the mullings shorter, the silly "what-ifs" die pretty quick. God is sooo good, I pray for everyone here nightly, that the scars go away...
Little d6 doing a bit better, the C helps me to handle the situation better.

Out of sheer curiosity I went to a Divorce Care meeting, and was amazing to see other's going through the same ordeal I went through last year, their pain was so raw. A new DC meeting in spanish will begin next week, I will go to see if if some way I can help as the leader is translating it all from the DC workbooks.

Have a great weekend my friends...even better, choose to have a great weekend!)))))

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
R
R
Good for you going to divorce care meetings!!! Many of my friends go to those meetings. I've heard they are very good.

But tell me, what's a Zumba workout? I have my gym clothes on, and I'm ready to go to the gym (but I keep procrastinating!)... I'm all ready to go on the darn treadmill, but this Zumba sounds much more interesting!!! What is it?

There is no arriving, ever. It is all a continual becoming.
A
A
Hey Darlin'--you sound FABULOUS! I am so proud of you. I hope your weekend is beyond great! \:\)

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
root!_))))))))))) hey babes! you have GOT to try it! do it as a personal favor to me, ha ha, it's a dance workout to exotic music like samba, cumbia, reggeaton, it's awesome! youtube'it. You can't feel the time go by because it's so much fun.
Audy girl!))))))))))) so good to see you, I'm doing great by God's grace, had a good time with my single parents meetup group campout yesterday, I pray that you are doing great as well, there is so much ahead of us and we have been and will be blessed \:\) we'll all stumble but just remember that God's hand is still holding yours, it's ok to have a cry here and there, let it out, knowing that you are in His loving hands no matter what.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
R
R
Well Catkins, I just checked out the Zumba and it looks great!!! One of my friends is Brazillian and she teaches Brazillian dancing, and I had been thinking of signing up for one of her classes, but Zumba looks really good. I'll have to see if my L.A. Fitness has Zumba (or badger them into getting one going). I LOVE to dance so that would be fun. Soooo much better then spinning (Ugh!) or those dull yogalates.

Keep up the PMA!!! I'm sure Zumba and faith help a lot.

There is no arriving, ever. It is all a continual becoming.
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
they sure help. Brazillian is awesome! next best thing to zumba, so if you dont' find a class go ahead and sign up with your friend, tell me how you like it .

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard