Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#1741755 03/27/09 02:45 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Well we actually had a very good C session. H got some good advice for his job situation. We were able to talk openly about his continued depression.

We made an appointment on Monday for h to see his Dr again and possibly try a new AD med. We want to see what his Dr recommends.

I was able to confront h about his continued blaming and anger issues and have some good verbiage to use when this starts happening.

H doesn't trust me as to my behavior and thinks I could fly off the handle at any moment. Ok so this is an area that I will work on.

We also discussed a possible workout schedule where h and I could try to invest some time into working out together.

We also discussed my drastic mood swings and what I could do to improve in this area.

We also set up 2 more sessions, so we can try to start going to C weekly. We had gotten off track with h out of town for the past weeks and we couldn't set up any appointments.

The C thought that we were doing good though, compared to where we have been. He mentioned how much time we were spending together, we seemed to enjoy each other, and h's depression seems to have gotten better. He did mention that it would take time for the anger issues and resentment and that we both needed to start letting go of that little by little. So that was all encouraging.

Today h will be here around 11am. I have a chiropractic appointment for my back. Feeling much better though.

I certainly didn't get to accomplish near what I wanted to on vacation, but oh well at least I did do some relaxing.

We will see how today goes!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
G
OP Offline
G
I am also thinking of detoxifying my body. I have been doing some reading on it. It sounds like a good idea to rid the body of toxins.

The program I am looking into is a 7 stage process. Day 1 liquids, Day 2 fruits and liquids, Day 3 add raw veggies, Day 4 add cooked veggies and brown rice, Day 5 add beans, lentils, nuts and seeds, Day 6 add grains and yogurt, Day 7 add fish.

This could last a week to 4 weeks depending on what an individual wants to do. I was thinkin of trying it for a week, but dates are coming up meaning birthdays (mine and h's), I am still on vacation and don't want to just have liquids right now.

I was thinking of doing this for 28 days, which means each stage would last 4 days then progress to the next stage. I have always been interested in trying something like this.

Would like to know if anyone else has tried anything like this and what results did you achieve if any. Obviously the liquid only stage would be the toughest.

Just looking to kickstart my continued weight loss and get my body ready for summer.

Anyone interested in trying this with me?

Last edited by glamgirl; 03/27/09 03:00 PM.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

P
P
Hey glam - that's wonderful news! I am really glad for you both that the C session went well. Looks like you guys really have a good plan and some good goals. Good job!

PH's Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks PH for the encouragment. I know that you have always been into wellness. Have you done any detoxifying of the body and if so how were the results?

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

P
P
Yes, I have and really pleased with it. I am not done yet as mine is a long process. I can't really go into it here. Let me know if you need more info and I can tell you via other means. ;\)

PH's Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks PH I will call you. I will try to reach you over the weekend or next week depending on how late h is over on the weekend. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

P
P
Sounds good, glam. Enjoy the rest of your vacation...

PH's Thread
P
P
GG
Glad you and H are back on track
counseling is helping
hang in
I have not done detox but im sure it is helpful
I try to eat well and do Yoga daily
it helps
peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
job Offline
Glam,
I'm very happy to read that the C session went well. It sounds like both of your are on the right road to recovery. You've got some areas to work on and so does he.

Take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
Hi glamgirl,

I am happy for you that your C sesson went well and the C was noticing progress. Things are improving a lot in your sitch and hopefully they will continue. Good luck.

Regarding detoxifying your body I once saw a TV programme where one group had to eat fruit and vegetable juices etc. for one week and the other group eat normal food. The result was that the detox diet did nothing more than the body does in any case. Aparently, the body does its own detoxifying and all detox diets don't do anything at all.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard