Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1739350 03/24/09 02:37 PM
D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Been away for awhile, said to myself that I would come back and give some encouragement to others, to help out a little, as so many helped me in the last few months.

Wife and I are doing great, I let her intiate sex now, which now happens 2 to 3 times a week. Gotta be happy with that. She is much more affectionae to me now outside the bedroom. More so than in the last 2 years combined. Hugs, pats, kisses, and impromptu massages.

She says she has enjoyed the last few weeks with me more than the last 3 years. The changes in myself have certainly worked for me.

She invited me in to her IC to start MC just yesterday. I believe this IC has helped her tremendously, I think she has seen my side, and he has allowed her to see my changes more easily. He gave us 3 choices where we can go, stay the same and be miserable, divorce, or have a superior marriage. I was happy that she picked number 3, lol, because just about 60 days or so she was picking #2.

We are having a great time and she is having fun again. It is so great to see her happy, and that makes me happy.

I am still dbing, although I don't consider it very much, I have truly changed. I don't drink 7 or 8 beers a night, but the occassional 1 or 2. I still make the bed, do dishes when I see them in the sink, and generally help out more, I do not pressure her for sexual favors nor do I grope or grab her anymore, all my touches are in a loving maner and not sexual (she has told me she is finally getting use to my touch not being sexual), going out once or twice a week with my friends for a couple of hours at a time (not running with them all night long lol), and excercising (I have gone from total inactivity to running my first ever 5k this weekend).

Thought I would stop by, and if you have anything for me, let me have it.

THanks to all that have helped me!

Burt

S
S
Proud of you man. Sounds like you really took it to heart and "got it". Always remember that life is a journey, and there is always room for refinement and improvement, you just have be willing to keep exploring new ideas and pushing outside your comfort zone.

Please do stop by and let us know how it's going from time to time.

SF

Spellfire aka Mike

"Women do not like controlling men. They respect and are attracted to men who control themselves. They ultimately are repelled by men who allow themselves to be controlled." -S&A
D
D
Quote:
I have truly changed.

\:\)
Quote:
The changes in myself have certainly worked for me.

\:\)
Thumbs up.
You sound great.
Ali

D
D
If you don't mind my asking?
Did the drinking ever interfere w/ sex life?

D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Don't mind at all,

I use to drink a couple of extra when I was due to get serviced to make it last longer, which she did not like at all. So, in your sense of the question, no I could always "get it up" for sex, I would just have her service me longer, and she hated it. And this was a major cause for where we got to in January. She would always do it, because she said it was easier than me being "bitchy" the next day. She said she would do it and think to herself, "this is just going to make me hate you more." How is that for an unhealthy sexlife.

Whew, I am glad all that is behind us.

Burt

D
D
Thanks for your response.
I didn't just mean getting it up issues though. ;\)
You are funny.But you still answered my question,
thanks and I am so glad that is all behind you too.
God bless,
Delil@h

D
dburt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you Ali for your kind words, let me know if I can give you anymore information, I am sure I would be a great study for a thesis or something.

Burt

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard