Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 36 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 35 36
W
W
Originally Posted By: bluerain
I made out like a bandit, wine, dinner, flowers... and a dead otter.

LOL this is great! the dead otter is the best part

sounds like you are doing very well! I hope I can get into this stage someday soon.

W28/M29
D8
D6
S3
F
F
It seems that your acquaintance would need to stuff sweet peas in the poor little otter's lifeless jaws before you would perceive it as a romantic offering.... you are hilarious.

I am so glad you have local choices. Maybe the guys in your dating pool come packaged differently than on E-Harmony, but it seems they have more to offer. Please consider noticing this guy.

I did find your article in the ADN. I read that on-line because I have family in Wasilla. I searched 'sea otters' and up you and your article popped. I hope you keep offering them up. That Homer paper is fun to read, too. The guy that does most of the writing makes me laugh and right now that is helpful!!

O
O
Go Girl!

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
B
OP Offline
B
My dog ate my flowers! I was married for 5 years, spent 8 years with my H and I have only gotten flowers 6 or 7 times. She ate them all too. Shes kind of a pain like that. They were so pretty. frown Oh well.

I went out to a friends birthday party tonight, it was a lot of fun. I even met a few new people!

I think that I will pay more attention to him if he calls again, right now Im thinking that it was just a sweet gesture on his part. He has my number wink

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
B
OP Offline
B
So I have been thinking about just how mad I am at H. What a creep to sleep in my bed and with me for 5 days to notify me on the 6th day that he wasnt interested! I used to really respect him, I thought that he was a good man, solid, honest, reliable, but hes not. Not anymore at least. What a lousy sleazeball thing to do.

I wouldnt have allowed him to stay here if I had realized that, I certainly wouldnt have slept with him. And I dont beleive for a second that he thought that there was a chance that he might want to try but wasnt sure until the last day. Maybe I could beleive 2 or 3 days. But I was just a flophouse and a warm bed for him.

Maybe thats why Im not sad. Creep. I told him that he mislead me, big time and he said that he was sorry, he never intended to. I also told him that I thought that it was thoughtless for him to keep up communications with the XOW while he was claiming to want to be my friend, the woman ruined my marriage! I cant imagine that he would have been stupid enough to beleive that I wouldnt mind. She can have him, I dont want friends like that. Part of me wonders if the failure of this trip didnt have to do with him still holding a candle for her.

I suppose that Im thankful to finally know where I stand so that I can just move on! Being on pause has gotten old after a year and a half!

K, sorry, you all had to know that that rant was coming... smile Ill drop it now!

B
OP Offline
B
Ok, this is a big deal to me, there are some gold buyers in town and I have packed up all the jewelry that H gave me, a total of 4 rings and a necklace (geeze, in 8 years seems like there should have been more!), including his wedding band and my engagement ring, and Im going to go sell them! Maybe, if theyll offer me enough for the engagement ring, its worth about 3k. I dont care what they want to give me for the gold, Ill probably take it, but that one I want to make sure that I get what its worth.

Im excited, this will just be mad money, hopefully Ill get enough to get some snow tires for my car! Is that exciting, or what? Well, really I hope that Ill be able to get tires and do something nice for myself.

For some reason, I am just ready to get rid of it today. Itll be nice to not have it around anymore.

S
S
You picked a good day gold is over $1,000. per ounce.

H
H
just FYI--the gold buyers will only give you what the gold is worth--any stones are disregarded, so you might need to find a different place to sell your engagement ring. I did the same thing--voice of experience.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
B
OP Offline
B
They took the stones out and I only got $150. They told me that they could only give me $96 for my $3000 engagement ring. But they said that the platinum and the diamond were both high end, so I should get it appraised and sell it on ebay.

The other stuff I wasnt concerned about getting that much for. I had really hoped to be able to buy tires, but I guess Ill have to come up with another plan for that!

I think that its sort of fitting that the rings that represented the unending committment of my marriage were worth almost nothing!

hoosiermama, I had to keep that in mind, really I was surprised at how little they were worth!

O
O
What a deal! I got similar pocket change for my wedding ring selling it to a jeweler for scrap gold value.

Worth little emotionally or financially. I just wanted it gone.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
Page 26 of 36 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 35 36

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard