Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I know that this is not related to this board but I just have to say how sad it is when someone with so much promise dies. It always gets me. Life is so fragile, it could be gone in an instant no matter how careful we are. Just a reminder to get our ducks in a row.

Be careful everyone, love ya.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Q
Q
Originally Posted By: kat727
I just have to say how sad it is when someone with so much promise dies. It always gets me. Life is so fragile.

kat

Hey Kat,

The quote lady sent this today and I thought I would post it to you in response to your thoughts. We all have a lot that brings us down but we all have more to be happy about too \:\)

Every morning when you awake you have been given the gift of a sunrise and twenty-four hours to live.
This is a precious gift.

You have the wonderful opportunity to take this day and live joyously, with appreciation for everything that you encounter.

Take a deep breath and be grateful for this exhilarating experience of breathing in life and love.

Similarly, end your day with an expression of love and a repetition of the word for peace, Shalom.

SW

Me-33
H-36
D-5
EA/PA-Late 2007-?
H moved out April 2008
Legal Separation signed Dec 2008
V
V
If only more people took that to heart QuietTime...

S
S
Originally Posted By: kat727
Well, if he was actually trying to work on his relationship with just the kids, fine but he is working on forcing a family. He really is a heartless POS after all.
kat

He is trying desparately to make this all "ok" for himself. If he can give the illusion of a "happy family" then he will be able to justify his actions to himself. I love that your DS said, "That'll never happen." Its a much needed does of reality.

You are a good and kind hearted person, but your are nobodys fool either. If the more parenting time works for you and it actually means more "parenting" on his part, ok so be it. If it is to simply further his "justification" agenda then I'd say forget it.

I also liked the thing about quiet time. ((((hugs)))))

M:39
H:39
K:S14;D8
T:22yr
M:15yrs
S:12/28/07 EA/PA
3/14/08 OW preg
11/17/08 born
12/12/08 his
~~~~~~~
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option

W
W
I spent time with my 104 year old grandma today. She knows a full life. She knows what's important, and she made me see it today as well. Her eyes told it all. Talking to family, connecting to family, having a relationship with God, and having your basic needs met(food, shelter, etc.). That's all she needs. I've never been hugged so tightly or felt so bad leaving before. Get your ducks in a row is right...priorities....God, family, basics of life.

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am the crazy kid that loves movies and truly feels terrible when an actor/actress that I am fond of dies. Even Bob Hope and George Burns who were older. Natasha Richardson was just like 14 months older than me and that just breaks my heart. Ex never got it. You don't know these people, what do they mean to you.

I would try to explain but like I said he didn't understand. I don't expect all of you to either. Really though, a mom with 2 teens and a lovely marriage. Just heartbreaking. Okay, I am a sap we can leave it at that.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
I've been sad too about that. I think she was someone lots could identify with, except for the famous part and the money part and the being married to Liam Neeson part. Never mind! Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well some people I know didn't know who she was!! Since I had just taken S16 to "Taken" last Friday he could kind of get it. Money, Fame and happiness don't save you from tragedy though, so yes someone we can all relate to!

Thanks, Karen

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I actually took heed from my horoscope that said to do things with your family besides chores. I took the kids to Red Robin for lunch and then to "Bedtime Stories". It was a cute movie and they had fun. Now we will watch basketball and "Twilight" tonight. I am not really thinking the movie will be any better than when I saw it November but at least there won't be a bunch of screaming girls!

The day turned out to be nice even though we were supposed to have storms. I let the girls sleep with me last night and I didn't sleep well. They toss and turn a lot!! Everyone wants my bed but it is mine! lol

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
That sounds like a good idea. We always seem to be doing chores or hsing or errands or something. Something to work on for sure. Which do you think is better: reading Twilight or watching it as a movie?

Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard