Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1729316 03/06/09 06:49 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Today is the two year anniversary of my D. Even now, I feel a myriad of different emotions.

I also have to admit the past week has been very hard. I also admit I miss the woman I loved. This is NOT my exW; rather, I miss the woman I thought she was.

Time marches along. All I can do is pray for everyone touched by divorce.The rest is in God's hands.

Take Care,

RMG

Last edited by RMG77739; 03/06/09 06:56 PM.

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

R
R
(((hugs))) back to you, RMG. It has been a little while, no? How is married-land? I hope that you are just going through more of the steps of healing (they tend to get skimmed over when a new love comes into your life quickly).

R
OP Offline
R
Donna,

It has been a while. Things are okay in married land.

I am feeling what my friend Teri calls "the waves." They come and go. It is really a part of.the process. This morning, for some reason, was very difficult. The day got much better as it went on.

How are things with you?

I appreciate you stopping by; I pray you find all God's best.

RMG

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

R
OP Offline
R
Donna,

It has been a while. Things are okay in married land.

I am feeling what my friend Teri calls "the waves." They come and go. It is really a part of.the process. This morning, for some reason, was very difficult. The day got much better as it went on.

How are things with you?

I appreciate you stopping by; I pray you find all God's best.

RMG

R
R
Things are pretty good, over all. I tried the dating thing a while back, got bored (poor bast@ards). Now I am finding contentment on my own.

I have never been a single adult before. Its not all terrible, I have to say. I think it has been very, very good for me to learn how to do this; I never even realized how much I could grow. I can now see the importance of living through this stage in human development.

The last time I was set off was when my X had to have spinal surgery. I bounced back within 2 days. It never goes as deep or lasts as long - it was a blip. I even had a phone convo with him today that, while a bit heated/strained, accomplished some real co-parenting things. So, good on me \:\) And look, ma, no spinning!! \:\) \:\)

I hope that your wife is someone who you can talk with when you are having difficulty, as well as someone outside of the sitch...
It is important to experience those waves; I think that many people who go into a new R end up burying those emotions, and they come out in much worse ways later on. You have a big challenge to get through the process while also having someone there to lean on (you would think it would be easier, huh? But it can become a crutch).

Keep growing...

R
OP Offline
R
Donna,

It is great to hear you are doing well on all fronts. How are the kids doing now?

As for your exH, I am glad to learn you are okay dealing with him now. I know how hard it was to deal with my exW. Honestly, I felt so cheated... She was such a selfish person... She put her feelings above her covenant she made with God and I... As Helen in Diary of a Mad Black Woman said, "You WILL reap what YOU sow."

My new W is a wonderful woman. However, I had to stop talking about exW totally. It was poisoning our M.I do not ever want her to feel she lives in the shadow of my exW.

Things are going very well at my new job. I am back doing Web Application Architecture at a Healthcare organization. My boss seems to really appreciate me thinking out of the box.My work over the past month will reduce the development time of our next big project by about 80%.How are things with your job?

I also started P90X this week. I really enjoy it. With everything going on in your life, have you had time to workout?

Take Care,

RMG

M
M
Hi RMG

I find it fascinating that you still seem to be "missing" your exw. Why is that do you think? Is it unfinished business? I don't understand it.

I'm still single. I would love to meet someone new. Someone to love but it just doesn't seem to be happening for me. Having said that I don't miss my exh.

Like I say I'm fascinated.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard