Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
J
J
I will absolutely have one of those if necessary - I don't give a flip what W thinks about it - but my kids need at least ONE parent that can be an example of morality.

Luckily for me, I haven't had any jealousy, so it wouldn't come across like that.

Amy - I will post more later, I'm swamped, just tossing tidbits! \:\)

Thread #1 | Thread #2 | Thread #3 | Thread #5
P
P
I don't know your whole story, but I did see your last interaction. I'm sorry how that went down, and I'm sure it must have been a punch to the gut. I think for future reference that you should keep one thing in mind when you feel the urge to share something about yourself or make comments about "coming home". Remind yourself that he doesn't care about you. Do you have an ex-boyfriend that you don't like at all? What would you think if he started talking about what he learned about the relationship he had with you or talked about trying again? I don't know what he feels in reality, but I think it'll be softest on your heart to consider the worst.

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Dr. Wayne Dyer
A
Amy M Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Superstar and Jon!!! Hugs to you guys! I'm not sure what to do about the clause. I didn't think I needed one until today. And, our papers are so close to done that any additions at this point will delay the process and appear to be retalliation. I'll pray about it and call my attorney.

Phoenix!! Good to see you and hugs to you. I know you are right about his feelings about my personal discoveries. I really feel like I shared more for me than him. And, it did lead to honesty on his part...unfortunately, the reality of my sitch sucks just like so many others here! I don't feel the need to share more...and, I am sure at some point I won't feel the need even for myself!

Love to you guys!!
Amy

Me 39 H 36
S 7 S 4
T 15 M 12
H out 8/1/08
OW confirmed 8/6/08
D final on 6/12/09...I'm doing good!
S
S
Originally Posted By: Amy M
Superstar and Jon!!! Hugs to you guys! I'm not sure what to do about the clause. I didn't think I needed one until today. And, our papers are so close to done that any additions at this point will delay the process and appear to be retalliation. I'll pray about it and call my attorney.

Phoenix!! Good to see you and hugs to you. I know you are right about his feelings about my personal discoveries. I really feel like I shared more for me than him. And, it did lead to honesty on his part...unfortunately, the reality of my sitch sucks just like so many others here! I don't feel the need to share more...and, I am sure at some point I won't feel the need even for myself!

Love to you guys!!
Amy

It's never too late to change something.

After the ink dries, it gets expensive to do so, but it can still be changed.

If you want it added, do it ASAP.

H: 38
W: 36
S: 8
S: 5
M: 16
Bomb: 8/25/08
OM: 9/21/08
EA (Possible PA) with co-worker since 5/08 (at least...)
Sep: 9/21/08
D Filed 9/23/08
My Situation
A
Amy M Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well, I've asked the question of the attorney and not heard back yet. But, I've decided that I don't have the stomach to fight it really. So, if it's not standard to include it in the package, I won't try to add it at this time. I did ask her if I could go on record indicating my opposition to it...just for the purposes of the legal documents on file. We'll see what she says. I also considered that during our court appearance, I might just throw it out there..."Your Honor, it has come to my attention that my X-H is planning to cohabitate with his girlfriend as soon as you sign these papers. I am opposed to having my children exposed to the living arrangement and would propose that they not be allowed to visit him in her home. Can we add that?" At least then it will be clear and public how I feel about it. The judge might just laugh at me. But, H would be floored. And, there is a slight possibility that if I have the right judge and wear my new purple pumps (LOL), I might just get something added in!!!!

I'll just have to work doubly hard to make sure my kids learn right from wrong. I was already gonna have to do that to make up for the fact that their dad is teaching them that walking away when things get tough is the best choice! And, at some point in the near future, I'll also have to deal with the adultery issue.

A strange thing happened to me last night as I was going over in my head where I've been the last year or so. I don't know if it was what he said on Monday or the way he looked when he said it or just a combination of things going on inside Amy in the recent past, but for the first time, I realized that I have really begun to look forward to being divorced. I don't want to carry this burden of impending doom around any more. And, I noticed last night and all day today that the guilt over the divorce that’s been in my heart just isn't there right now. I'm sure it's not gone permanently, and it may come back to visit frequently, but, for now, it's not there.

I know God uses bad experiences for good, and I know that some good things have come already from my bad experiences...several things obvious to me are that I’ve reordered my priorities that have been out of whack for a while, that I've become more tolerant, and I've become a better friend. I can see those right now in my thought processes, and I can see how these things can be used by God in the future he has planned for me...whatever that might be!

I've learned so much over the past year...mostly about me and some of it from being here on the board and making friends here...that help me know I'm gonna have a great life. I wanted to capture just a few here...journaling, we call it!

I've learned...
That I’m okay;
That sometimes spouses of really terrific people are unfaithful;
That no matter how good I look, there will always be someone who looks better in a swimsuit;
That I don’t own his inadequacies;
That laugh lines are not bad;
That I have big eyes and lashes that other women envy;
That being an intelligent woman isn’t bad; it just means that the next man in my life will have to be sure of himself on his own;
That I don’t even want to weigh what I did when I started college;
That I deserve to have ice cream and Sunkist for breakfast sometimes;
That I can run 10 miles (maybe even more);
That I’m funny;
That I do need to work on being more patient;
That my tendency to procrastinate can get me in trouble and cause me to lose sleep;
That sometimes I’m right and sometimes I’m “absolutely” right;
That my friendly nature may be mistaken for flirtatious in the North…I’ll be careful in my travels;
That I prefer sitting in the sand on the beach to sitting on the deck of the boat;
That I only hate some of the aspects of my job not all of them, and that it’s not too late to change careers;
That the moon is just as beautiful to me as a sunset;
That I do sound like I’m from the South;
That my primary LL’s are physical touch and quality time;
That my talkative nature makes for more interesting conversations…especially if those conversations are with friends who talk as much as me;
That I can have fun even when I’m the only unaccompanied person in a room, at a party, at a table, etc. full of couples;
That I’m not too old for Facebook;
That you can't take back words said in anger;
That forgiveness is a process not an event;
That I can deeply care for folks I’ve never met in person;
That as much as I love babies, I wouldn’t want to have another one now;
That my co-workers genuinely care about me;
That I give my heart away easily and that I like that about me;
That there are incredible people all over this world; and
That you never know what hell a person may be living until they tell you.

The list is nowhere near complete, but the important thing is that I’m realizing who I am again. And, I’m remembering what’s important to me as a woman. I’m glad to be me! And, I’m thankful that God saw fit to allow this crisis into my life so He and I could really get to work on my future!

I’m gonna be so much better than okay that it ain’t even funny!!!

I love you guys much, and I hope that soon everyone here can find some peace in their sitch whether it’s the peace they thought they wanted or not!

Hugs!!!
Amy

Me 39 H 36
S 7 S 4
T 15 M 12
H out 8/1/08
OW confirmed 8/6/08
T
T
wow I love that list {{{{{{{{{{{{Amy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and I love you too my sweetie \:\)

Tawnya

Me:39
H:40
D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

A
Amy M Offline OP
OP Offline
A
And, that's just the short list! I can't tell you how relieved I feel at this moment in time. It's like a weight has been lifted, and I'm finally gonna get on with my life without looking back. It's not that I doubted that I'd get on with my life and be okay...I knew that a long time ago. I did doubt that I'd ever be able to get on with my life without having the D hang over my head. I also thought that the D would likely define me from here on out..."So and so, we'd like you to meet our divorced daughter, Amy," or, "you know, S3's mom, the divorced one," or, "I work with this divorced woman..." But, that won't be the case! Cause, after reflecting last night, I realize that I've learned enough not to let it define me!

((((Tawnya)))))...BTW, it's 76 and sunny here again today. I still haven't unmade your bed, so, come on back down! I can't afford to shop more, but, by Friday the sunburn should be healed and with enough sunscreen we could defintely go for another full day at the beach.

Love ya!

Me 39 H 36
S 7 S 4
T 15 M 12
H out 8/1/08
OW confirmed 8/6/08
J
J
I'll be there - I so desperately need a tan!

P
P
JD, do I need to give you the sunscreen/skin cancer lecture too?

Amy, what a fabulous list! And I really appreciate what you said about not letting D define you. I can't say I am/was worried about the "divorcee" label since we weren't married, but I did feel uncomfortable facing the stigma of being newly single. I think I'm getting over it.

I have a whole list of reasons why I'm looking forward to being single. Maybe I'll start writing them down to refer to in my down moments. \:\)

Nice purple pumps!

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
J
J
((((Amy)))))

What an amazing breath of fresh air - I could repeat so many of these. (except for the whole batty eyes and lashes) \:\)

I'm so ready to be where you are - and I think I'm actually catching up with you! I will write my list very soon.

Love to you, and so glad to know you!

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard