Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
M
M
Glad you are moving forward.

You sound better. Happier. More confident.

It's unfortunate that she wouldn't go along with the mediator's recommendation. And ironic since it'll end up costing you both more in the long run. But then logic doesn't really enter into this obviously lol.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
Did your wife actually file for divorce?

M
M
Heh, FLTC, next time offer even less than the mediator suggested! It'll be interesting to see what your lawyer suggests.

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I post less often than ever now. I can't wait until this is over. I offered her exactly waht the mediator suggested. That's the end of it for me. She will now have to work to get more. I've had it. I hate her.

M
M
"GW" keeping you sane? Guess older D is back at college? How is the hockey going? Just keep in touch now and then. We still care about you!

R
R
Ditto that, mattie...

M
M
The mediator's recommendations are usually taken into consideration by the court. So, that will hopefully help you to settle this quickly.

Regardless of how fast your D moves forward, we still love to hear from you.

How are you and the kids?

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
N
N
You are entering not the craziest time where you cannot trust your emotions and thought processes. Hopefully you have a good lawyer and nonemotional friends who will give sound advice.

Most of the time when bad things happen they happen at this period or shortly thereafter.

This time will end sooner or later. Very few people leave this time without going through a mourning combined with anger toward the relationship. If you choose to reach out to your spouse at this time in any way shape or form I would suggest do not. All communication should be made though an uninvolved third party and afterwards communication should only be made dealing with business.

I do not wish this on anyone.
Best wishes.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks, all. I appreciate you looking in on me! The legal bills are starting to grow. She's not accepting my offer as th mediator suggested, and I'm not prepared to budge. She asked again for all of my pay stubs, and when I told her what I made for my two weeks in the summer with the Army, she thought I low-balled it, which I might have because I can't find that on any pay chart. I WANTED TO TELL HER I ALSO HAD 65 CENTS IN THE ASH TRAY OF MY CAR! Welcome back Hill. I thought you'd all chastise me for the way I ended my last post, but I do hate her. JUST GO AWAY! Mattie: Gym Woman continues to be awesome! No changes there. All positive. It's amazing what a sane woman sounds and looks like!

G
G
Hey FL..

If you haven't had to fill out a financial affidavit, you will in the near future. Since she has a law office behind her, they know ways to make your life a living hell (like providing 5 years worth of financial information for everything).

Be transparent with anything that has a paper trail. Call the appropriate sources and get the statements. As wacky as it sounds, good will helps you and her.

This time isn't about drawing a line in the sand. It's about finishing the process as quickly and equitably as possible. Look what my ex did.. spent 140K on a basic settlement of which I am responsible for half. Emotions fly high and unreasonable behavior becomes the norm.

Take care of the kids. Meet the requirements of the law. Throw in a bone which makes you sound more than reasonable and puts the pressure on her from her lawyer that she's getting a better deal than if she went to court.

Get it over.

*hugs*

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard