Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
A
A
3RD interview is usually a good sign anyway. Hopefully, you'll get an offer soon.

You know, you missed a really good time in Nashville. I took my Friend Dee with me. She got sick from drinking Friday night and laid in bed all day Saturday and Saturday night. So I went out by myself.. lol. She can't hang with the big dogs. I wish you would have made it. I plan on getting out there again this summer if possible. I can't believe the talent and some songs I was hearing for the first time. It's definitely the Music Capital like they say.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
S
OP Offline
S
Ummm, you better be planning on May here in Memphis mister.... 3rd annual pal..... Ty and Val will be here this time.....

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Ian, great news on the 3rd interview...I would definitely say they are interested!

Keep your chin up!

Hugs,
Vali

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

excellent news on the 3rd interview...3rd time's the charm...

I got a good feeling about this Ian...but I really liked your take on the other interview too. I've been to some where I realize during it, that I'm going to have to fake my interest for an hour more, and meet some people even though I suddenly realize that working at that place would be like having them suck out my will to live...

I actually studied and teach drama as an avocation and those are the times I say to myself, "self, it's called "ACTING"..." and then I might decide to make sure I DON'T work there, so I ask stuff like "do you guys press charges?" Or, "how strictly do you define 'sex offender'?" Oh, and LOTS of questions up front about vacation days, benefits, sick days, breaks, worker's comp, lunch times, flex time, bonuses, parties, whether they're "picky" about punctuality...,

just wanna make sure we have "a good fit....." ya know?

( j )

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
K
K
omg 25, I am just skimmin thru the boards w/ a morning cup of java, since I don't come by much anymore-- and read your post and literally spit my coffee! How flippin funny!I am job hunting now and think I'll keep this in mind! hillarious!

and our sunny so cal, may not be by nightfall!:)
Take Care

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
S
My company has had a few of those interviewees that said some things that were pretty good. We called one to come in for an interview at 9 am the next day and he said "I think I can wake up by then". We have used a test for programming competency -one guy did not answer any of the questions because he said they made his "head hurt". And there was the guy, that when asked why he did not finish school said "They could not teach me anything". These are the people you just want to say "Here's your sign - please make sure you stand on the driver side of the road".

More should be able to be hired soon...

Originally Posted By: Washington DC humor
President-Elect Barack Obama and the Democratically controlled Congress are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act. AWNAA is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

'Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society,' said California Senator Barbara Boxer. 'We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing.'

In a Capitol Hill press conference, House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S employer of Persons of Inability.

Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the Inept include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%), and home improvement 'warehouse' stores (65%). At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons of Inability (63%).

Under The Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million 'middle man' positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given so as to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability into middle-management positions, and gives a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNAA contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, 'Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?'

'As a Non-abled Person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them,' said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Michigan, due to her inability to remember 'rightey tightey, lefty loosey.' 'This new law should be real good for people like me,' Gertz added. With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL): 'As a Senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.

R
R
Originally Posted By: sofaraway
You know the worst part is that today has been extremely eye opening as to how much damage I sustained during this last 3 years. I know that people recover and their hearts heal and they are able to commit again. I just wonder how and when you actually know. Today, I do not feel like I will ever be able to do that. I know that I only feel this way because of what has occurred, but damn it thats just how it seems right now...

Ian,

I know exactly how you feel. When my exW blazed off, I was so distraught... The woman I thought I LOVED with all of me for 16 years... The woman I trusted with all of me... ACTUALLY did this.... I came to eventuality grasp the woman I loved and the woman my exW was were two VERY different people...

My heart was not broken, it was completely shattered. I prayed and worked hard on getting back to being myself... I was never myself with my exW..... I was someone else... Satan had me twisted up in knots with worry and fear... That is another story...

From my perspective, I was going to only be able to heal so far on my own. I personally believe I needed a solid, loving and REAL relationship to completely heal. I found that and so much more in my new W. She is such a blessing.

Praying for you and your family.....

RMG

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

R
R
Ian,

When I was really going through a very tough time with the death of my M, I found Echo by Trapt helpful....

[Chorus:]
Close my eyes
Let the whole thing pass me by
There is no time
To waste asking why

I'll run away with you by my side
I'll run away with you by my side
I need to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride,
(Asking why)

I think about your face
And how I fall into your eyes
The outline that I trace
Around the one that I call mine
Time that called for space
Unclear where you drew the line
I don't need to solve this case
And I don't need to look behind

[Chorus]

Do I expect to change, the past I hold inside,
With all the words I say,
Repeating over in my mind,
Somethings you can't erase, no matter how hard you try.
An exit to escape is all there is left to find.

RMG

Last edited by RMG77739; 02/06/09 02:07 AM.

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

S
OP Offline
S
o Carrie came to get Ross tonight, everything seemed as normal until ross went in to get his school work.

C- Where's tawny?
Me- At Molly's house.
C- How is she doing?
Me- Not great right now.
C- Is she ok? (her eyes starting to tear, looking down)
Me- She is struggling, I was going to talk with you after I meet with pupil services tomorrow.
C- I would like that. (staring directly at me, tears now coming)
Me- I will call you this weekend and we can talk about it.
C- Thank you....

It was strange y'all. No, I am not making a big deal about it, it was just odd and for a brief moment, I saw the woman I knew and loved. It was heart wrenching.

She then asked me why I was dressed so nice...wierd......
I told her I had interviewed this afternoon. I also mentioned that I may need her to watch Ross at some point if I need to go out of town to interview as two companies I am interviewing with are based in different cities.

She then asked me " Are you looking at jobs outside of Memphis?"

I told her no, that I didn't think that was an option and it had never crossed my mind.

Strange questions, strange conversation, and I don't really know what to think about it.......

Ian

Last edited by sofaraway; 02/13/09 03:23 AM.

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

L
L
Hey Ian,

My $.02. Women are prideful creatures, just as men are. But they perceive things differently than we do. You know, the emotions and all that. What's more, I think that ultimately the memory thing is stronger for them than for us - I mean, I bet Carrie remembers what you were wearing when she knew she was going to marry you and I bet you don't.

So it's obviously hard for her to realize what's happened. Will she admit that? Who knows - pride and obstinacy lead down long roads. What's more, her realizing you're no longer accessible is hard - especially because of the connection you will always share.

Guilt and second-guessing will always be there and surface at times. How much do want to acknowledge it and what do you want from it?

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard