Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
OP Offline
Was2sad,

Exactly !!! And with that said, it is the feeling of taking back the reigns over MY own life that will take me into this next year. I am looking into new hobbies and/or courses to take. I want to come to the end of my days knowing that I DID something and not thinking...'why didn't I DO something? Why did I sit and wait !?"

So that being said...if anyone has great suggestions of interesting courses or hobbies, I would love to get some fresh ideas !

Take care xxx

And Merry Christmas Day !

PS. Just to show you how strange life can be...I printed a Christmas card with a pic I took of our 3 kids last summer. I got it printed in browns (sepia). Today H came by for Christmas and brought me a HUGE poster of the kids (YES! THAT picture) also in browns (sepia). Isn't that a coincidence ? Apparently I had sent him a few pics of the kids by email after the summer and one of those pictures was THAT one. (I had forgotten even...that I sent him that). It comes from a serie of more than 15 pics.

Oh well, just goes to show, Christmas Miracles ARE possible.

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
T
T
Merry Christmas Cinders.

You are an amazing woman.

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

D
D
Cinders, it must be a great feeling to be in the place that you are. I am striving for that, working towards that. The world is your oyster.

Small CM thread hi-jack

Originally Posted By: SUMMER
Cinders...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You had to hit rock bottom first...but now you've crossed the great divide!!

I am SO happy for you. NOW...finally...it really begins anew!! Whatever YOU want...wherever you want to go...you WILL get there now.

May God always bless you...and He will!!

Happy 2009!!!

Hiya SUMMER

I've not seen you near my thread in about 365 days or so & now it's **that** time of the year again - any chance you could find some time & pop in to update yourself with my "life's" tale??

Anyways, I pray alls well with you!! \:\)

Best wishes & blessings
CM

Bomb dropped - (09-11-2006) my 9-11

My CURRENT Thread
OP Offline
Today I went to pick up D7 and D9 at my inlaw's. My MIL was SOOOO sweet ! She did the whole Christmas dinner all over again, just for me ! I couldn't believe it ! They even gave me an envelope with plenty of money to have myself a nice pampering weekend ! I couldn't believe it.

FIL, told me with great sadness in his voice that I should move on, and live my life, as he feels his son is lost...and will probably not 'wake up' any time soon. He said that he can't see anything remotely sexy or attractive in the ow, but that she is sweet with my kids and that the kids seem to like her a lot too. He said he couldn't be sure if she was just 'faking' it though, but that the kids seemed to like her and that that is at least a comfort to us all.
MIL then said that she still has a 'feeling' H will 'wake up', but that first this whole 'ow' thing must end and be done with, and that after that, we will have a long road to go on, as she says I have 'found' myself again and H will have to change a lot to 'fit' into my life again.

It's been tough on them too, I know that. It's tough to HAVE to accept your son's choices, just because he is your son. It's good that they are doing so, I don't think it would matter in the long run as I feel that MLC needs to run it's course NO MATTER how we stand aside..

Friday after H dropped S5 back home, at 9.30pm, I got a TM at around 11.30pm saying 'I have been looking through the foto albums you gave me, BEAUTIFUL ! What a fantastic present, thanks again, H.' I was upset by him sending me that TM. Not because he liked his present but because sometimes when they mean to be kind, it hurts so much more. I didn't answer. I couldn't and figured it was not needed. I'm doing well with little contact. It makes life easier.

Today I brought home a friend of D9's who lives close to my Inlaw's, her parents are H's age and grew up with him. Her grandparents are my inlaw's best friends'. The girl 11 will be staying for 2 nights and I'm looking forward to some girly giggles !

Take care and much love,

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

K
K
Hey Cinders.... I am glad you are doing so well. This is a great way to end 2008! Take care of yourself. You sound wonderful!!!

Kissak

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Psalms 56:3
M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Came and went too MANY times!
Gone again 10-25-10
F
F
Cinders, Your ILs are so supportive. You're fortunate.

Advice to move on is probably for the best--as to how this happens, who can say?

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

M
M
Cinders:

You sound really good and I am glad that your in-laws still support you in all that you do. My in-laws are like that, too.

Have a very happy New Year's!

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
L
L
Originally Posted By: Cinderellaman
It's tough to HAVE to accept your son's choices, just because he is your son.

Gotta say I don't agree with that. When my xH walked away almost 8 years ago (OW, went off to work and didn't come back - ignored me for three weeks until D paper were sent), his family never voiced that they were unhappy with what he was doing.

The result? It made him assume that his actions were perfectly okay, because not one person told him they were appalled.

You can love someone, but not like their actions. That means you make a choice to love them no matter what, but disagree heartily with what they're doing and the path they're choosing to go down. You can support THEM without supporting their actions.

I think the two things are OCEANS apart.

Bomb Dropped - 11/08
Working on the R - 12/08 (thankfully short period of time!)
Still DBing to see positive changes!

My Thread in Piecing!
OP Offline
Luci,

Yes you are right, and you should know that my inlaws REFUSED to meet the ow for more than a YEAR !! Until finally the kids met her and H buldozered her into their lives...you have to know that my inlaws by no means condone what he is doing, but it's like you say, 'you can love someone and not like their actions'.

Their road with their son has been bumpy for many many decades...and believe me when I tell you that it is by no means easy for H now, as his parents STILL tell him and ow that this is not what they had hoped for.

Thanks for your post Luci, I'm sorry to hear about what your XH did to you, I think that is appalling !

Love Cinders xxx

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard